Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-06-2015, 06:43 AM   #15

I've been carrying a macerator for over 5yrs. of full timing. I've never had to use it at campgrounds, but always using it when visiting friends and family. I carry about 75' of hose since not everyone has a sewer clean out that's conveniently located.

Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-06-2015, 07:08 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
We have one to be able to dump at the sticks and bricks house. I run a garden hose to the sewer vent more than 50' away from the pad the MH is parked on. It's nice to not have to search for a place to dump when you would just like to get home.

We were very happy to have the macerator once when due to an overhead tree limb we could not even get close to the sewer. With no vacant sites moving was out. I ran my (macerator only) garden hose to the sewer and left the gray open until a day before needing to dump the black then pumped both out black first of course.

I have also used it at CGs without sewer connections to fill the "blue thunder". Much easier than trying to guess if you will over flow it. Just pump until it is almost full then run some gray through to rinse.

HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 09:37 AM   #17

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I carry the small portable Flow Jet macerator unit in our motorhome, along with a dedicated 50 foot length of 3/4 inch hose. I wired a required 12 volt power connection for the pump in the wet bay of the motorhome. I use the macerator almost always for dumping into sewer connection at our home when returning from outings. I have also used it while parked at relatives, where sewer connections are available. I use the 3 inch slinky hose when connection is available at campground sites.
Old 12-09-2015, 08:15 PM   #18

Triple E Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
How do you know you dont want one, when you dont even know what they are ???
OK
Now I am educated and I know what it is and what it does.
Now I know I really don't want one.
I didn't know what it was and I knew I didn't need one after 45 years of RV'ing without one. I was just curious as to what it is.
I can see some uses for it.
Old 12-11-2015, 07:21 AM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselclacker View Post
I carry the small portable Flow Jet macerator unit in our motorhome, along with a dedicated 50 foot length of 3/4 inch hose. I wired a required 12 volt power connection for the pump in the wet bay of the motorhome. I use the macerator almost always for dumping into sewer connection at our home when returning from outings. I have also used it while parked at relatives, where sewer connections are available. I use the 3 inch slinky hose when connection is available at campground sites.
That is our set up. Flow Jet, 50' hose and the slinky anywhere it works. I just use an automotive jump start pack for power though.

If you haven't burned one out yet, there is a blade type fuse in the trigger handle.

HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace