Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-11-2016, 09:46 AM   #15
Registered User
 
mel s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 8,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
MSHappyCampers
SMC used a very similar "double ball roller catch" in all off the cabinet doors in my now 20 year old coach.
They have never been problematic.
http://www.amazon.com/Cabinet-Double.../dp/B00YCE5YUQ
Mel
'96 Safari, 148k miles
__________________

__________________
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-11-2016, 09:49 AM   #16
Senior Member/RVM #90
 
MSHappyCampers's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Columbus, MS
Posts: 26,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by mel s View Post
MSHappyCampers
SMC used a very similar double ball roller catch in all off the cabinet doors in my coach.
They have never been problematic.
http://www.amazon.com/Cabinet-Double.../dp/B00YCE5YUQ
Mel
'96 Safari, 148k miles

Thanks Mel! That's a great price!
__________________

__________________
Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 04:19 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus
 
Gary RVRoamer's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Silver Springs, FL. USA
Posts: 18,078
My American Tradition came with those brass roller-ball latches on smaller drawers and cabinet doors, but anything moderately large has the grabber type. The grabbers are the only ones reliable enough if there is a chance of a fairly heavy item shifting. The grabbers come is various pull weights - you might be able to use a lighter duty one if some of your doors need too much effort.

I've had poor results with magnetic latches, in the RV and at home. Whatever their rating, they don't seem to hold firmly. I've got a couple doors with 2 or even 3 of them, so called heavy duty types, and still they tend to pop open easily.

This type also works for some applications. Holds better than a magnet, but not overly hard to move. I converted my rv screen door to one of these.
__________________
Gary Brinck
Former owner of 2004 American Tradition
Home is in the Ocala Nat'l Forest near Ocala, FL
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 04:27 PM   #18
Senior Member/RVM #90
 
MSHappyCampers's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Columbus, MS
Posts: 26,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
My American Tradition came with those brass roller-ball latches on smaller drawers and cabinet doors, but anything moderately large has the grabber type. The grabbers are the only ones reliable enough if there is a chance of a fairly heavy item shifting. The grabbers come is various pull weights - you might be able to use a lighter duty one if some of your doors need too much effort.

I've had poor results with magnetic latches, in the RV and at home. Whatever their rating, they don't seem to hold firmly. I've got a couple doors with 2 or even 3 of them, so called heavy duty types, and still they tend to pop open easily.

Quote:
This type also works for some applications. Holds better than a magnet, but not overly hard to move. I converted my rv screen door to one of these
.
Gary, are you referring here to the roller-ball latches like my link?
__________________
Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 06:49 AM   #19
Registered User
 
mel s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 8,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
Gary, are you referring here to the roller-ball latches like my link?
MSHappyCampers
Gary may be referring to these.
Replacement Southco C3 805 Grabber Catch Latch 5lb for RV motorhome Boat Cabinet | eBay
__________________
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 04:27 AM   #20
Moderator Emeritus
 
Gary RVRoamer's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Silver Springs, FL. USA
Posts: 18,078
Sorry - I left the URL off my previous post. This is the other type of roller catch I was referring to:

Liberty Unichrome Double Roller Catch-C08820C-UC-P - The Home Depot
__________________

__________________
Gary Brinck
Former owner of 2004 American Tradition
Home is in the Ocala Nat'l Forest near Ocala, FL
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Great price on cabinet latches! MSHappyCampers iRV2.com General Discussion 6 08-13-2012 04:00 PM
Cabinet Latches.... Topman Monaco Owner's Forum 41 07-03-2012 01:25 PM
Cabinet/Drawer plastic latches gonzo136 Monaco Owner's Forum 3 03-24-2011 12:26 AM
Interior Cabinet Latches Dutch Star Don Monaco Owner's Forum 17 10-20-2010 09:54 AM
Cabinet/drawer plastic latches dmason Monaco Owner's Forum 14 07-06-2010 09:07 PM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.