Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-02-2016, 10:59 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Mail

I know I have seen this discussed here but,I can't seem to find it so here goes.Can someone tell me what I should expect to pay for mail forwarding service.The local USPS says 18.65 for enrollment fee plus 18.65 per week and that is for once a week.Does that sound about right.Thank you for your response.Take care and be Safe.

papaw.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-02-2016, 11:14 PM   #2

We used Escapees RV Club Mail Forwarding @$95/year plus postage. We had our mail sent approximately every month. We just send them an email when we want it shipped. Most of the time we had it sent to the nearest small post office via General Delivery. It came in 2-3 days Priority.

Do you get that much mail anymore to have it shipped once a week for $19? Wow! Most everything can be done online now or use AutoPay for your bills.

twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 11:42 PM   #3

When we FTd we paid $125/yr. Service would send it via USPS Priority mail (we paid for the postage) based on our requests. Course we only had mail forwarded every 3 mos. or so because we got rid of almost ALL snail mail

On-line bank, e-billing etc. paperless as much as possible.
Still paperless even now that we are back in a house. If I could just get 'occupant' to go paperless wouldn't even need a maibox

Mail forwarding service was more of a 'legal physical' address for Uncle Sam then it was about snail mail
Old 03-03-2016, 12:09 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
papaw.1

Thanks guys,
I do a lot of auto pay but,I have meds. that I worry about and I Think your right on getting that much mail.Most of it is the DW's flower books and what I call junk mail.For the summer we are just going to have 3 months to have it forwarded as we are workamping in Mayo,Fl. I will just have to think it through and decide whats best.I just know that 18.65 is a lot to pay.Safe Travels Guys.
Old 03-03-2016, 06:42 AM   #5

If you are going to be in the same place for those three months, have you looked at doing a temporary change of address? Website says you can do this for as short a period as 15 days, or up to a year. Cost is zero after a $1.05 fee.
2013 Chevy Sonic Hatchback (Automatic)
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 10:22 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
We use St. Brendan's Isle. I signed up for the "Pro" option. As soon as mail arrives at the service they send me an email with each piece scanned so I can see who it is from. I have options then to Hold, Shread, Ship, or have them open it and scan what's inside. I usually have them hold the mail I want and have it shipped every so often to which ever campground we are staying at. There are multiple shipping options available depending on how fast you want your mail.

We have been very pleased withe their service.
Jim28730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 10:51 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
papaw.1

wildtoad,
Thank you for your response and you read my mind (which could be dangerous) that is what I did.Safe travels.
Old 03-03-2016, 04:40 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

For just 3 months and staying in one place, temporary forwarding is probably the way to go. However, there may be a lesser time limit on some classes of mail (other than 1st class). If you are working there, usually the park will let you receive mail at the park even if guests cannot do so.

We use a simpler solution, which is to temp forward to our daughter's house. Most of it is trivial stuff, but if something does show up she opens it and lets us know. If it's important (rare), she can either scan it and send via internet, or pop it in an envelope and send to us.

No charge for USPS temporary forwarding, except for the $1 fee to set it up online. And you can even change the end date or address online once it starts.

Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote