Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-14-2013, 12:08 PM   #1

Mail Delivery

Hello all,
New to the forum and RV camping. We went on a trip traveling Route 66 from Chicago to LA. Our biggest problem was our mail and was wondering what other members handled it and how it work out. Thank you in advance.
AceLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2013, 12:17 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Welcome to irv2. There have been quite a few discussions on this important topic. Here's a link to some of our previous threads.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Mail...earch=irv2.com

Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:10 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:03 PM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the group!

Can't help with your question but I'm sure you will get answers.

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:19 PM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Welcome and glad to meet you!

We started with a mail forwarding service in Florida, St Brendan's Isle. Monthly fee plus forwarding postage. Set that as your official mailing address. They will let you know when mail arrives and forward it to you where ever you are. Everything can be done on line. Works very well for us.
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:33 PM   #6

We have stopped all mail correspondence with all our providers so now we get just junk mail. All of our bills are paid electronically. My bride pays them long before our neighborhood gets theirs. U S Mail is a real dinosaur. You can all be mail free if you just take a little time.
bailiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:38 PM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We use Americas-Mailbox Home - mail forwarding - Americas-Mailbox and are very happy with their service. If we are on the move they hold our mail and I can request it sent anywhere by USPS, UPS or Fedex.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2018 Honda CRV . Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:53 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medico View Post
Welcome and glad to meet you!

We started with a mail forwarding service in Florida, St Brendan's Isle. Monthly fee plus forwarding postage. Set that as your official mailing address. They will let you know when mail arrives and forward it to you where ever you are. Everything can be done on line. Works very well for us.
Agree that SBI is great and has a 25 year track record. To be clear for the OP... they have plans that will SCAN your incoming envelopes electronically and you can CHOOSE online immediately to have them send an envelope physically to a specific location OR to discard and shred OR to SCAN the contents of the envelope and send electronically. VERY convenient and timely.
Of course, the more bills you can move to electronic payment and paperless...the less paper & envelopes you'll have to deal with while underway.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:28 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailiff View Post
We have stopped all mail correspondence with all our providers so now we get just junk mail. All of our bills are paid electronically. My bride pays them long before our neighborhood gets theirs. U S Mail is a real dinosaur. You can all be mail free if you just take a little time.
Agreed. But doctors dont do electronic billing. I can pay them with Bill-Pay.
Dr bill arrives at our daughters house, see takes phone pic and texts it to me, and I do Bill-Pay.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:54 PM   #10

We signed up with Escapees Mail Service a few months ago & it has worked very well for us. We have gotten our mail in several different locations including the city that our home is located in.

We made a permanent address change for our mail so that our home no longer gets visited by our local mail carrier. We encountered problems with local carriers not following mail hold orders for junk mail. We would come home and it would be in the mailbox

In fact our regular mail carrier saw me outside last week and he stopped to make sure it was a permanent change. That was nice of him

Good luck with your choice, there are lots of them available.
TeresaOwen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:29 AM   #11

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
I also agree that going paperless for all that you can is the best way to go, but there are always some that do not have that option and snail mail, although not nearly as efficient, is still necessary. The mail forwarding service works well for these few. In 2 months we have 3 pieces of mail that needed to be forwarded, but these were all important. Yes, I suppose I could have relied on family members, but choosing a professional mail forwarding service made sense for us.
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:52 AM   #12

X2 on St Brendan's. We've lived on our boat 10 yrs, and used them for 8. Only one problem(dishonest employee) which they rectified. We even had critical mail delivered to the Bahamas (don't ask what that cost), but they did great. We will continue to use them when we sell boat and start RV life.
Mike_Harriet is offline   Reply With Quote