Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-07-2015, 12:33 PM   #1

Maintenance Log

I've looked in the forum and have not seen an app discussed that might be able to do what I want.
I'm looking for a app for the iPad that helps keep track of maintenance for my motorhome. Ideally I would like to have reminders of upcoming items that need service as well as a log of past records. I would enter the service item, time and or mileage interval and the app would keep track. I found a site maintainmyrv.com but it is web based and I'm looking for an app that I can use offline as well as sync to my iCloud account. Also, maintainmyrv is subscription based and I would like something that I can buy once.
Perhaps another member is using something geared for truckers that can adapt to RV's.
Thanks in advance

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2015, 05:29 PM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I remember someone on IRV2 having one, but don't remember who. Hopefully they will see your post!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 06:09 PM   #3

An app? A paper and pen has kept track of countless vehicles for many years. Good luck finding your app.
Old 07-07-2015, 10:34 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by timetogo View Post
An app? A paper and pen has kept track of countless vehicles for many years. Good luck finding your app.
This is what I use, I have a notebook that is kept in the cab, I also put my mileage on it as well
Old 07-07-2015, 11:48 PM   #5

I suppose I could use a stone tablet and chisel as well. I was looking for something that was easy to use and keep track of. I have a hand written log, but I had hand surgery a month ago and my hand writing skills suck. I did find exactly what I was looking for. It's a app that categorizes all maintenance with reminders and service records. I will try it out and see if it fits my needs for the future.

Try and live up to your dogs opinion of you.
Old 07-08-2015, 07:32 PM   #6

Hello All, I use RV Companion by Creative Logic Entertainment.
This App provides:
Trip log
RV info
Procedures list
And a number of other pre- established tabs

RV Companion by Creative Logic Entertainment, Inc.
https://appsto.re/us/YgYNt.i

Lee335
Old 07-08-2015, 07:51 PM   #7

To add to HappyCampers reply; Claybox posted an excel spreadsheet for MH maintenance. You'll need to use the search feature to find that particular post by Claybox. I suppose you can tie it to your PC calendar to setup reminders.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 01:24 AM   #8

There was a lady at the Escapees Rally who wrote a Windows based program for this. Her website has a simple name, so simple I don't recall what it was. I'm sure it can be found...

1996 Country Coach Intrigue 😜
Old 07-09-2015, 04:28 PM   #9
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
To add to HappyCampers reply; Claybox posted an excel spreadsheet for MH maintenance. You'll need to use the search feature to find that particular post by Claybox. I suppose you can tie it to your PC calendar to setup reminders.

Ray, that username sounds very familiar, but I checked the member list and it's not there. Could it have been something else similar?

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 05:38 PM   #10

We use Outlook for reminders and an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of just about everything else including miles driven, campgrounds stayed at, cost, remarks, etc. Works for us. Hubby does not have or want a smart phone so no apps for him.
Old 07-09-2015, 05:42 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by timetogo View Post
Exactly! Notebook with continuous accounts of what has been done along with the date and mileage. Simple!
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 10:08 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve N Sal View Post
Exactly! Notebook with continuous accounts of what has been done along with the date and mileage. Simple!

Simple, if you have not had hand surgery that got screwed up as my previous post explained. Problem is, I can't write for the next three months. So I was looking for a digital answer to keep track of fuel and maintenance stuff. I pretty much knew about the concept of written log books when I asked my question, but thanks for offering a solution. I did find an app that will do for the next few months.

Try and live up to your dogs opinion of you.
Old 07-09-2015, 11:05 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
Ray, that username sounds very familiar, but I checked the member list and it's not there. Could it have been something else similar?
You're right, I got the spelling wrong, it should be: clayobx.
UPDATE: I located that spreadsheet, sorry to say it is Spartan chassis specific and may not work for the OP. clayobx-spartan-maintenance-spreadsheet.pdf
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 11:16 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
CLAYOBX vice claybox, perhaps?

Take care,
Stu

Tags
maintenance