RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-04-2017, 11:20 PM   #15

Forest River Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Have made reservations in Cape Cod, Washington D.C. and Nashville but where we want in NY and Virginia won't take them until next year.

BuzzWolfAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2017, 11:55 PM   #16

I don't worry at all about reservations for a day or two here and there but when we leave AZ heat and head for the cool pacific ocean or mountains for the summer we know we have to have reservations months in advance. Just made them in OR on the coast for June and there were only 7 spaces left for the state park we wanted to go to. We'll be making them soon for WA parks around North Cascades National Park because I know they won't be available for long for our three week stay.

Earl E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 12:26 AM   #17

Foretravel Owners Club
Only reservation I have made is for my 50th high school reunion in The Dalles, Oregon (dry camping at the Eagles Aerie 2126)
Also will attend the 50th reunion in Quincy Washington...
(Gonna have to stop at the "Scale House Cafe" in George, Washington for biscuits & gravy)..and dry camp in their parking lot...
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 01:10 PM   #18

Just made our reservations with Cherry Hill Park outside of Washington D.C. Booked 17 nights for our 40 Itasca. Arrive from Carrabelle, Florida on March 25th. Also booked Mountain View RV Park in Graham, Washington State for May 15th to September 15th. We never book when traveling between destinations until noon the day of arrival
Old 11-05-2017, 01:22 PM   #19

Also made reservations for 5 days at the Tampa RV Show in January. We try to park in Washington State in the Summer and our house in Carrabelle, Florida during the winter. We then travel back and forth during the Spring and fall when the kids are in school. Have not had a problem getting a spot for 2 years now.
Old 11-05-2017, 01:40 PM   #20

We did a 10,000 mile trip earlier this year and had reservations ant every stop. If we did it again I think we would not make reservations so far in advance. There were spots we only reserved for a couple nights but ended up wanting to stay more. Then there were the spots we would have liked to leave a little early but couldn't because it messed up our itinerary. When we do another long trip we won't be quite so structured.

That being said, we already have reservations on the Oregon coast for a month this summer because we wouldn't find a spot if we waited.
hgtyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 01:53 PM   #21

I've got 2 rallys booked, one in June and another in October, waiting for a 3rd in October to take reservations Feb 1. Will probably get down to Florida after the high season and want to get to Texas to visit DD and family. I usually camp Sunday thru Thursday so not quite as hard to get, weekends are impossible. We like COE campgrounds and some have length limits to consider but because most have only water and electricity many people don't frequent them as much. I have a favorite that has pull through sites on a river bank with lots of barge traffic to enjoy, limited television reception and iffy cell service.
Old 11-05-2017, 02:24 PM   #22

Reservations can be essential .............

In June 1966 after graduating from College on Saturday and getting married on Sunday, DW and I drove from CA to PA for my first job --- without reservations. Twice we drove until after midnight before finding a vacancy sign. One of those was cabins with open stud walls matted with cobwebs. The other wasn't much better. DW has not forgotten that in 51 years and gets perturbed if any part of our next excursion is not fully reserved. Some times we are in campgrounds that are only 10% full ... but we have a reservation.
hclarkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 08:13 PM   #23

Reservations 2018

I start making reservations in February for our annual family 4 to 6 week summer trip. Gotta pick the best parks for the kids, which must include swimming, water slides and as many other kid friendly activities we can find. Going on a cruise out of Galveston around Xmas, and using it for an RV trip to and back. Reservations already made for the trip from Southern California.
Old 11-06-2017, 09:21 AM   #24
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
We're still in limbo with medical problems, but we have reservations at the Escapees park in Summerdale, AL, for the month of February!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote