Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-11-2011, 10:54 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
Part of the reason may be the differential between what the dealer would charge the manufacturer for service time and what the manufacturer pays their own techs. For example, the dealer may charge $125 a hour for tech time, but the manufacturer may only be paying his tech $30 an hour. In theory the manufacturer's tech should be more qualified and the service only has to be done once. Another savings right there.
I certainly understand cost differences however warranty work is covered by the manufacturer. In my opinion if the dealer can't handle the repairs correctly they should get training for their tecs.

Please understand I am not opposed to returning to manufacturer as I have made that trip a number of times myself.

I would gladly pay dealer rate if I could get similar service as the factory offers.
wagon217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2011, 11:50 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
First, this warranty claim / exception request was presented to my dealer with a copy to Fleetwood who quickly approved it. The actual work is being performed by the Dealer who has facilities equal to many Manufacturers' Service Departments. Our Dealer has sold us three motorhomes to date and has serviced each of them to our satisfaction, no matter how complex the issue. It was them who diagnosed the nature of the possible causes and suggested ideas to use in an attempt to finally nail down the cause. This particular challenge involved both Spartan and PowerGear technicians who were at the AC facility enabling them to work as a team - this would not have happened at our Dealership. I don't think it particularly matters whether the service or repair is done at the Dealership or the Factory so long as it's the Manufacturer paying for it! That's the kind of support I want to hear about.
http://www.sicardrv.com/default.asp
Coached is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:04 AM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Well, it certainly looks like folks would rather grumble than grin? I find it hard to believe, and somewhat distressing, that nobody feels they have received treatment worth commending? Fleetwood contacted me on Friday to make sure I was happy with the tires, the installation (at my Dealer) and performance - I'm impressed?
Coached is offline   Reply With Quote