Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-14-2019, 07:29 PM   #1

MaxxFan Deluxe (Smoke Color with Remote Control) Best For Ventilation?

Hi all,

I have a lot of work being done to my camper right now. Before re-sealing and coating the roof, I thought it would be best to install 2 high-quality vent fans for several different reasons.

Based on what I've seen, the Airxcel MaxxFan Deluxe 7500K Smoke Model seems like the best, when compared with the other fans, and the other brands like Fantastic Fan, Heng's, etc.

The Deluxe MaxxFan seems to be the only one out there with a built-in Rain Shield.

Also, according to an Airxcel employee, the remote control system for the MaxxFans are not supposed to draw power when the fans are off, like some other remote controlled fans do when they're off and not in use. Can anybody comment on if this is true or not?

I'm thinking about going for two 7500K Smoke Deluxe MaxxFans for these features, etc.:

1. built-in Rain Shield
2. Smoke Color to let more light into the bathroom, etc.
3. Remote Controlled fan and lid for ease of use
4. Bi-directional fans so I can have one intake and one exhaust fan
5. 10 speeds
6. Thermostat

Would two 7500K Smoke Colored Deluxe MaxxFans be the best choice on the market? Or would there be other products you think I should consider?

Let me know, thanks.
BreakAes is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2019, 09:05 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Installed Fantastic Fan model with the same features you have looked at this past spring. We only placed one in the bathroom, the fan in the kitchen area has push button to open close lid and to turn on.

So far no problems with the new fan and we are now full timing for the last 3 months.
2017 Ram 3500 w/Aisin w/4:10
2 Dachshunds DJ (RIP 9-12-19) & Joey (RIP 5-14-21)
hamm2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 09:51 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I replaced a Fantastic fan with a new Maxxfan 4000k with remote. I already had rain covers. I really like the Maxxfan and the remote works well.
I have not verified the unit is not using power while in standby.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 10:28 AM   #4

I would think the power in stand by would be negligible for others anyway.I shut off batts when not in MH not in use . People have complained a bit after replacing new fantastic fans and replacement motors with some more motor noise compared to their older units. My fantastic fan motors don't run as of now need some troubleshooting . I'm contemplating new FF motors vs maxx fans.They seem hard to beat maxxfan. Read a lot of reviews . The rainproof 3spd. whole house fan in kitchen is a beast and breathes well when louvers open.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 12:30 PM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I have the 4000k with remote, temp sensing etc. and love it!
keymastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 12:51 PM   #6

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We have the Maxxfans you are considering in our fifth wheel. They were installed by the builder, and have given us 3+ years of trouble free service.

We highly recommend them!
egwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 05:22 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
We put 2 MaxxFan Deluxe 7500K Smoke fans in our Navion. One up front and the other in the rear bath. Setting one on intake and the other on exhaust make a major difference in getting fresh air throughout the coach.

They replaced two Fantastic Fans with rain sensors that would close in the lightest rain, cutting off all fresh air intake. Not a problem with the MaxxFans with the built in hood.

The remote controller is far superior to that of the Fantastic Fan. LCD panel is more intuitive for programming the temp settings for auto open, as well as fan speed and in/out programming.

Purchased both from eTrailer.
TriGlider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 07:49 PM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
We have three MaxxFans on our roof. Two are remote and one is a manual. We had Fantastic fans before and one was a rain sensor. Dang thing would open and close and never fail to let a bit of water into the coach during a heavy rain.
Now we leave the vents open almost all the time.
The manual will get replaced this winter.

Tags
fan, remote, vent