Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-18-2015, 10:20 PM   #1

MCD Shade pull

We installed MCD day and night shades in the Rv and I wondering if anyone has found a "shade pull" to assist in pulling the shades down. Most of our shades have easy access but a few could use a pull. We are recently at the Quartzsite Rv event and a MCD salesman told us no pulls are available and suggested drilling a hole and loop a chain through.

Any good suggestions out there? Thanks
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4X4
Gary CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2015, 12:25 AM   #2

Hi Gary
I watched a "YouTube" video about the MCD day/night shades the other day. The adjustment process was to simply look up inside the valance and on one side or the other of the shades, there is a thumb wheel for each shade. While the shades are completely in the up position, reach up inside the valance to each thumb wheel and turn the wheel with your finger until you get your desired shade position. Hope this helps.
rskrbina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 04:24 AM   #3
paz

Maybe a snap-on grip would help. We used these on old-style, roller shades, so maybe they would work on MCD. They just snap on over the metal bar at the bottom and give you something to grab onto. The only question is if it will fit the bar on MCD.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 06:55 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
The shade pull's that i have were provided to me at MCD's booth at Winnebago's rally in Forest City. Was the salesman saying they are no longer available? Or was he saying he did not have them? I would call the factory in Texas and ask the question.

However, they would be fairly simple to make by going to Home Depot, or most Hardware stores and buying small fiber washers that are small enough to fit in the track at the bottom of the shade. Also buy some 1/8" nylon cord, form a loop about 2" long (4" of cord) and stick both ends through the center of the washers, tie the ends together with a knot that is to big to pull back thru the hole. Then simply remove the end piece from the bottom slide and slide the washer into the track before replacing the end.
Old 01-19-2015, 07:02 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We have the pulls, but we never use them. Adjust the shade properly, and the bar will always be in reach. Make sure that the shade stops with the bar hanging about an inch down, and it will always be easily reachable. The adjustment procedure is easy to do and it is in the manual or available on their website.
Cbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 06:53 PM   #6

Thanks for the MCD pull tips. My wife just said she needs one pull because the shade behind the couch is awkward to pull down. Appreciate the quick responses on this great forum.
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4X4
Old 01-19-2015, 08:59 PM   #7
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary CA View Post
Thanks for the MCD pull tips. My wife just said she needs one pull because the shade behind the couch is awkward to pull down. Appreciate the quick responses on this great forum.
If it'$ a real bear for her to get to and it's only one $hade there'$ always the po$$ibility of going to an electric $hade in that one po$ition, emphasis on $$.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 08:00 PM   #8

Solo electric, that might work.
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4X4
Old 01-20-2015, 11:30 PM   #9
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Tell her to cut her nails and quit whining!

Okay, before anyone flames on me, he's talking about my sister.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote