Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-02-2015, 06:53 AM   #99

Many people forget to bring one of the most important things for camping, PATIENCE....A little noise, step in some poo, these are all high class problems..I certainly don't advocate bad behavior for weeks on end, but a couple of nights here and there, no big deal....if there was a wedding at the campground I was staying at I would pull up a couple of chairs and enjoy the spectacle.....Relax, life is to short.
GENECOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2015, 07:25 AM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by GENECOP View Post
Many people forget to bring one of the most important things for camping, PATIENCE....A little noise, step in some poo, these are all high class problems..I certainly don't advocate bad behavior for weeks on end, but a couple of nights here and there, no big deal....if there was a wedding at the campground I was staying at I would pull up a couple of chairs and enjoy the spectacle.....Relax, life is to short.
I like your attitude...
oakcreekeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 07:48 AM   #101

Quote:
Agreed
wildirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 07:49 AM   #102

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
And then there's the sense of humor...
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 12:25 PM   #103

Quote:

EricGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 10:47 AM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramets View Post
Come on get a grip. Don't be so gullible. It was all tongue in cheek!! I'd NEVER make others suffer because of one dufus.
You gave no indication you were kidding around. Lest I be considered gullible I'll simply no longer take you at your word.
Menendez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 06:40 AM   #105

Ford Super Duty Owner
From reading most of the 8 pages of conversation, it would appear to me that we have lost respect. Not all, but a lot. I am probably guilty, because of my age. When I was a kid, we respected our elders, that's what we were taught. Well, I AM one of those elders I used to respect, but times have changed. A good while ago, I learned I had to give it to get it. It's not automatic like when I was a kid. There is a big lack of respect, I've seen it from some of the 30 something's as well.
So, next time a neighbor camper is getting on your nerves, if it's bad enough that you have to ask them to cool their jets, remember, we've all been there before, at one time or another. Put their shoes on for a minute before you go talk to them.
It goes back to what my mother taught me "son, you get a lot more flies with honey than vinegar". She is right. I don't usually have too many issues with other "partying campers".

BigBlockTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 04:32 PM   #106

We stayed on the cape for a weekend last year and actually ended up calling the office about a domestic going on across from us. Swearing, yelling, beer cans being thrown, and the likes. It was crazy. We called the office (it was after they were closed) and within 10 minutes the local police were there with two cruisers.

They were told to either calm down and be quite or get out.

They calmed down and it was quiet the rest of the night. They were gone the next morning though.

We have also seen our share of dirty, rowdy and inconsiderate people at multiple campgrounds.

I have been camping all my life (almost 40 now) and I was taught that you will respect other sites, the site will be cleaner when you leave and to mind others around you.

I agree that things are fading fast. The best you can do is continue to be respectful of others and deal with it appropriately when you have to.
jason1029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 08:38 AM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason1029 View Post
I agree that things are fading fast. The best you can do is continue to be respectful of others and deal with it appropriately when you have to.
Well said
Old 06-14-2015, 07:11 PM   #108

Fleetwood Owners Club
Once, while still tent camping, we hit a National campground for the weekend. We had all settled in for the evening when some young 20-somethings showed up, and started to party. It got drunker and louder (they had a guitar, but no one could sing!!). I went up to the ranger station to see if I could get some help, but no luck, so called the local sheriff's department and they, too, were unable to help. So we rode it out and decided to break camp and leave early. We got up the next morning and you could see these guys a couple of campgrounds away, passed out around what was left of a fire they were not supposed to have with food and booze bottles/cans laying everywhere. As the camp rangers came through to gather fees, they started getting an earful from the first campers somewhere down the road way away from where these clowns were and, of course, when they got to us, we filled them in on what we knew. Now mind you, like most National Parks, there are bear in these woods! These rangers were fit to be tied! They went over and none to gently woke these guys up and read them the riot act. They wrote a citation and when no one would sign it, the threatened to take all of their names and have them banned from the park forever. One of them finally manned up. This is really the worst I have encountered from strangers. I have some "friends" who I would deem every bit as bad, sadly! I guess it happens and we live and learn.
Old 06-14-2015, 07:27 PM   #109

Triple E Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I am a fairly big guy 6 ft 4,240lbs. I have had problems like everybody else.
I know that a lot of people won't agree with this but it has worked for me.
I confront the idiots. I ask them plain and simple to keep it respectable,or the authorities will be called to collect the bodies.
Yes I know I could be asking for trouble.
But works for me!
Now don't get me wrong I use a lot of diplomacy and it works,most seem happy that they were able to get a reaction.After that they seem to settle down. I have even had them invite us over for beers and food.
Ted Lambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 05:06 AM   #110

WOW!!! 4,240lbs! No wonder they listen to you. LOL
MotorPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:29 PM   #111
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I'll go you one better.....I'm 6'2", 300 pounds. I just stand in front of my open panoramic windshield in my underwear.....it's not pretty and usually gets everyone to stop their bad behavior and move on, out least out of view of my windshield!
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 12:58 AM   #112

Country Coach Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
I'll go you one better.....I'm 6'2", 300 pounds. I just stand in front of my open panoramic windshield in my underwear.....it's not pretty and usually gets everyone to stop their bad behavior and move on, out least out of view of my windshield!

LOL.

At least you are wearing underwear.

Tags
campground