Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-30-2015, 07:01 AM   #57

If we could just get rid of "them", those beings magically put on earth to annoy / disagree with "us", the world would be a better place.

Because it certainly is never "me" or "mine" that is the problem, is it? (Relates to the concurant noisy dog thread too).

Betr2Trvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-30-2015, 07:11 AM   #58

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Why is it, after 3 years of fulltiming, that I have not seen any of the "new age" issues presented here?
Am I lucky? Or do I just make wise choices?
Happy Trails!
You're just lucky dude. You have that mojo... or maybe you're so mojotastic that others can sense it and calm down like you're the camper whisperer... or maybe you're just wearing a dress... who knows
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 07:15 AM   #59

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasma800 View Post
You're just lucky dude. You have that mojo... or maybe you're so mojotastic that others can sense it and calm down like you're the camper whisperer... or maybe you're just wearing a dress... who knows
Well, I've seen him in a skirt, but no dress yet
bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 07:27 AM   #60

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramets View Post
Have wheels will travel. When it happens to us we leave, sometimes at 4am. First thing crank up the diesel, then the awnings go up, start unhooking the water, sewer, and elec. storing said items in storage bays where the doors keep slipping out my hands and slamming. Next asking my navigator if everything is ready to go on the inside in a not so soft voice. Then I hook up the towed all the while giving loud instructions. Usually by the time we're pulling out the loud mouths are awake and have their lights on. I've even gone so far as testing the horn before we've left. Does this make me a bad person?
Sorry, you have now disturbed the entire campground to make a point to the "bad" campers. All the neighbors that were also inconvenienced by the [moderator edit] now have their children, who were finally asleep, woken up by you. This behavior is only appropriate of there are only two groups in the campground - you and the offenders.
UTTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 07:47 AM   #61

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I see it as a generational gap. Too many Gen xrs never weened properly and expecting free hand outs and considering puttering around with worthless endeavors somehow makes them above the rules of common sense. I could give you 800 reasons why you'll never change these folks but arguing with stupid is like trying to argue with a drunk.
Old 05-30-2015, 07:54 AM   #62

New Horizons Owners Club
Oh we have seen some unbelievable behavior, especially on Holiday weekends. Albert Einstein characterized it long ago... "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
Pullin' Chocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 08:02 AM   #63

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoracing View Post
I see it as a generational gap. Too many Gen xrs never weened properly and expecting free hand outs and considering puttering around with worthless endeavors somehow makes them above the rules of common sense. I could give you 800 reasons why you'll never change these folks but arguing with stupid is like trying to argue with a drunk.

Some of us pay a very healthy tax rate and are very likely covering your social security, while our own is somewhat uncertain. I'm unsure if I was "weened" properly - so I really can't comment there.

I know only one person in my generation that lives off "hand outs" - while I know quite a few of the older generation who are perfectly capable of working, but got a lawyer and chose "disability" as a means to handle lack of saving for retirement. Neither is a steadfast rule for either generation, but there are bad apples and we have a system that supports them as well as a entire legal specialty around working that system.

Both generations take away from those that are legitimately disabled. And I think disability is the real "welfare" program that we should be concerned with. As once you're in, you're in.. There is no real system of verification or balance.

Once again, if you think it's just an "age" thing - or a generation thing - I don't think that's right. I certainly see disrespectful people that are younger than me, but I've run into it at my age, and I've run into it with the generation in front of me.

If it was *just* an age thing, it'd be easy to avoid. I assure you, I'm not stupid and I'm entirely sober.. At least this morning. :-)
cb1000rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 08:03 AM   #64

Quote:
Have wheels will travel. When it happens to us we leave, sometimes at 4am. First thing crank up the diesel, then the awnings go up, start unhooking the water, sewer, and elec. storing said items in storage bays where the doors keep slipping out my hands and slamming. Next asking my navigator if everything is ready to go on the inside in a not so soft voice. Then I hook up the towed all the while giving loud instructions. Usually by the time we're pulling out the loud mouths are awake and have their lights on. I've even gone so far as testing the horn before we've left. Does this make me a bad person?

Yep! Somebody needs to Wal-Doc
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 12:40 PM   #65

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb1000rider View Post
If it was *just* an age thing, it'd be easy to avoid. I assure you, I'm not stupid and I'm entirely sober.. At least this morning. :-)
^^^^ This. Note the only time I caught thieves making off with my stuff in a campground, the offenders were in a very handsome Class A and would be classified as "older". They were making off with a water splitter on a faucet, and had gone so far as to disconnect my water hose, take off the splitter, then connect my nose back. When I called them on it, they said "Oh, we thought it belonged to the campground," as they handed it back to me, seemingly without any guilt at all. Sure, stealing from an individual is not ok but stealing from a campground is? All for a $3.00 piece of metal ...
UTTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 12:42 PM   #66

Newmar Owners Club
Relax
USMCRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 01:32 PM   #67

Winnebago Owners Club
Lots of great folks, great kids, and great dogs are out there everywhere-and they make my RV experiences better.

But, I continue to be embarrassed by my fellow countrymen-in campgrounds, or anywhere else- largely because they just are not decent people.

People from other nations say the same about their countrymen.

Courtesy and respect for other people just seems to be on the decline worldwide
Deny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 01:46 PM   #68

That is why I avoid staying in National and State parks.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 02:37 PM   #69

Quote:
Have wheels will travel. When it happens to us we leave, sometimes at 4am. First thing crank up the diesel........Does this make me a bad person?
Yeah, and a snittily passive-aggressive one at that.
Menendez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 02:45 PM   #70

I get a big kick out of my fellow Baby Boomers bum rapping younger people as selfish, given that we're probably the most spoiled, selfish, self centered, self congratulatory, superficial, delusional and drug addled generation in American history.

Our main cultural contributions are "business casual" and the cockamamie notion that an office worker who drives an Audi is in some fundamental way different from an office worker who drives a Buick. And the equally absurd notion that it's possible to be both bourgeois and "cool".
Menendez is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campground