Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-12-2008, 07:54 AM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
We have returned from our trip to Mexico
3 weeks in the Baja
No problems in Mexico we had our 2 teenage kids with us it was great.
and no fears you should try it.
no bad guys no bad police and no boogie men
Bob
Bob N Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2008, 07:54 AM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
We have returned from our trip to Mexico
3 weeks in the Baja
No problems in Mexico we had our 2 teenage kids with us it was great.
and no fears you should try it.
no bad guys no bad police and no boogie men
Bob
Old 04-19-2008, 05:10 AM   #3

We too have recently returned from Mexico, and though it is all anecdotal, we and everyone we talked with who was RVing there, experienced not only no problems, but got the same wonderful feeling about the Mexican people.

The examples of Mexican crimes given are anecdotal; the linked article indicates that the reports of crimes are incomplete, and refers only to "Baja coast." To use this as the basis for the statement that "anyone who RV's anywhere in Mexico is playing Russian Roulette..." is grossly inaccurate, unfair, and a misrepresentation. There is crime in the U.S. too, but most of us don't let it keep us home.

We crossed the border at Tecate (avoiding Tijuana) and traveled south as quickly as possible. We did the length of the Baja, took the ferry to the mainland, saw the Copper Canyon, Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta, Guadalara and Lake Chapala, The Monarch Butterfly Sanctuary, Mexico City, Taxco, San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuarto, and headed north through Ciudad Victoria and crossed back into Texas at Pharr.

The roads were narrow, often poorly paved, and speed bumps outnumbered traffic lights, but overall we had a marvelous trip.

Now that I think about, maybe I should discourage Americans from RVing in Mexico, so I'll always be able to travel there without reservations.
Old 04-19-2008, 07:55 AM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
My initial comments were not intended to be a blanket statement for an entire country but were rater a current expression of a personal experience .
what we experienced is what "we" experienced not what a reporter edited out of a second hand report from someone last year.
there may be people here on this forum that have had personal first hand experiences those are the ones that I prefer to listen to .
We certainly intend to return to Mexico for longer trips.
Old 04-20-2008, 06:30 AM   #5

Kenkap,

I think I've learned my lesson. We've been traveling Mexico for many years with no problems. We've never personally known anyone who has had a problem. However, we've told a lot of friends about how beautiful it is on the beach and how much we enjoy the people. $2.00 a gallon diesel is rather refreshing too!

The problem is that now we have a group of a dozen here at Outdoor Resorts in Vegas who want to go with us next year. They want us to lead them! I'm beginning to be sorry I opened my big mouth!

Michael

2005 Dutch Star 40' 4 slide
2005 BMW K1200LT motorcycle on lift
2006 Ford Escape Hybrid
Vegascpl is offline   Reply With Quote