Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-06-2015, 07:47 AM   #15

Meyers owns both the Rochester and Bath stores so it breaks the chain across the state too. It happens the Bath store location is convenient to I-390/15 and I-86 junction so it covers both the major N-S traffic and E-W traffic flow through the southern tier of NY.

FWIW I'm betting Marcus will blink and they will keep the tie in. It will be interesting to watch for a while.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-08-2015, 07:08 AM   #16

Any Camping World that sells is a good thing to me. I like shopping their stores or online when they have a sale, but for the most part there are to many stories out their pertaining to their service after sale that stand out above the norm of the industry bad service. There is a thread on RV.Net forum where a CW had a guy's motor home in for service for 13 months, an older Workhorse rig. They convinced him to trade it in because some of the parts needed were no longer available because they were proprietary to Workhorse. So the guy does, and Camping World fixes the rig and has it sold in two weeks! Guy bought brand new Winnebago that CW has had in the shop for over 90 days! now because CW can't fix it, Winnebago and CW are arguing over who's responsible for some of the repairs, and the CW has badly gouged one of the guy's (Creeper) alloy wheels which CW denies. I have added two posts commenting on the poor guys troubles that the CW "Rapid Response Team" have edited off of the thread. Check out the thread before you would consider buying any RV from CW!
vincee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 07:33 AM   #17

At least part of the guys problem is who owns that Camping World. Is it a franchise or a company store. Otherwise I agree one needs to be careful with any shop. That was what prompted me to post about the Bath location being significantly better than Rochester or Syracuse in their service department. I will add we had a lot better experience with the Bath purchase compared to the Rochester purchase. The extra half hour drive seems to pay off. ;-(
Old 09-23-2015, 02:12 PM   #18

Colton & Winnebago

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW View Post
Buffalo RV took over Winnebago and Colton lost it. They were never enthusiastic about it and just wanted to sell Tiffins.
Do you suppose Buffalo RV will service my Minnie Winnie that I purchased last year from Colton? Colton's Orchard Park branch has had a large turnover of service managers this past year. I have contacted Colton 4 times this month and they never have returned my call.

MinnieDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 06:12 AM   #19

If you are not in a hurry they might in a month or two when their other work slacks off. CW Rochester and Syracuse were also not returning calls in August. That was why I started the thread.

FWIW despite what we were told Bath is still listed as Camping World on their web site. Whatever was going on seems to have been worked out. It would be interesting to know more.
Old 09-24-2015, 06:42 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieDriver View Post
Do you suppose Buffalo RV will service my Minnie Winnie that I purchased last year from Colton? Colton's Orchard Park branch has had a large turnover of service managers this past year. I have contacted Colton 4 times this month and they never have returned my call.

I would love to tell you that Buffalo RV is great for service, but I can't. The only way I can get an appointment with them is to stop in and talk to them in person. Like Colton, they are brutal at returning calls. You can try that if you are close by. Like most dealers they are buried right now. To add to their work load RVOne sold 117 coaches between Newmar and Entegra at the Hershey Show. If you may be interested in a mobile guy PM me and I'll give you his information. I've used him before and he seems pretty good.

An interesting note on the theme of the OP. In the PA directory that I picked up at the Hershey Show it shows Syracuse, Bath, and Churchville as Meyer's RV doing business as Camping World. It does not show Hamburg that way but the other locations are listed like that.

Tags
camping