Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-29-2013, 06:48 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
No interlock that I know of on ours (but I haven't tested it either), in fact Newmar says to have the engine running, or the generator running or be plugged into show power when operating the slides.
I can tell you from experience that if you have the slide out, the engine will start but the slide will NOT retract until you shut the engine off.

This happened to me in a park in Sturgis, ND on my way home after I bought our MH. Had the PS slide out at night and started the engine to warm up in the AM. Went to put the slide in and Nothing. A lot of head scratching went on (6:00 AM) and finally after another cup of coffee, decided to shut the engine off and try again. Sure enough, the slide came in.
Did not try to move with it out so I can't say if there is an interlock or not with the slide out and engine running. My guess is not.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-29-2013, 07:15 PM   #16

My slide will not operate unless I have the emergency brake applied. I am sure if I disengage the parking brake the mh will move if the slide is out. I talked to one fellow who works at an rv repair shop and he said half their business is repairing slides people have driven away while still extended. Myself I find it all too easy to forget something without the circle check. Maybe someone got something out of one of cargo holds and didnt close it right. First corner, there goes your stuff. Heaven forbid the one of the person who tied their dog to the rear bumper and thought the wife had gotten the dog. CIRCLE CHECK

Old 01-29-2013, 07:55 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by winniman View Post
My slide will not operate unless I have the emergency brake applied. I am sure if I disengage the parking brake the mh will move if the slide is out. I talked to one fellow who works at an rv repair shop and he said half their business is repairing slides people have driven away while still extended. Myself I find it all too easy to forget something without the circle check. Maybe someone got something out of one of cargo holds and didnt close it right. First corner, there goes your stuff. Heaven forbid the one of the person who tied their dog to the rear bumper and thought the wife had gotten the dog. CIRCLE CHECK

I do 2 circles. Paranoid of what I may have missed, and once in a while...bingo!
Back to the OP:
My manual says jacks down, slides out, and vicee versee. Will not take a risk with my baby

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:57 PM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

It's funny, but when I began, I tried using check lists... but they just didn't seem to fit my style. But, I am a "walk around" NUT. Maybe it has something to do with being full time, but I came to feel that I knew very well what needed to be done to get to travel mode and what the coach needed to "look like" before being put in gear. I never do less than three walk arounds before moving and it's worked so far.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:11 PM   #19

Country Coach Owners Club
My bad was it was not normal trip. dropped DW at front door drove to the lot found a spot got out to check room to open slide. walked the dogs 3 times did not touch anything else. was kind of groggy when she called. moved laptop and ipads to their spot and started to roll. did nothing else, like level or other things only going to be there few hrs. still need to double my deligence
gutsgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:22 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutsgolf View Post
My bad was it was not normal trip. dropped DW at front door drove to the lot found a spot got out to check room to open slide. walked the dogs 3 times did not touch anything else. was kind of groggy when she called. moved laptop and ipads to their spot and started to roll. did nothing else, like level or other things only going to be there few hrs. still need to double my deligence
We have all had the foibles of bad moments. It's a big club!
My mistakes are not as big as they used to be. But they will always happen.
Happy trails!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:13 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
You could always get a wide load sign! Just kidding. We all have our moments.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:54 AM   #22

thank for support
Old 01-30-2013, 07:09 PM   #23

Freightliner Owners Club
That stuff never happens to me: Now, I don't count the time I ran over the pooper scooper that was leaning against the front tire, or not hooking up the toad (I only went 5 feet), or leaving my full cup of coffee on the counter, because most of it spilled in the sink. I think I missed those because I was too busy walking around looking for my checklist and got behind schedule.......
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:26 PM   #24

it sure is a small world, did the same thing with a large glass of ice water. it hit just right so that it sprayed all the way to windshield and back of my neck. man that was cold
Old 03-14-2013, 04:30 PM   #25

Be cautious of the awnings also. A guy I know took out a turnpike toll booth with his. Fortunately there was no one in that booth.

Tags
slide