Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-05-2012, 09:35 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
I wonder if their is something that could be installed by the tires and elec chord as an obstruction to the mice, something they cant climb? I know they can jump, I have seen them try to jump out of a deep pail but not sure they would jump onto a tire.
georgetown350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-05-2012, 09:45 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
I have stored a boat many winters and generally spent my winters in the MH in the south using it. However this year we decided to stay home. As with the Boat I will spread dryer sheets thruout the MH and some poison on the floor of the building and hope. In the past I have used moth balls and have not had mice. The problem was, I seldom find all the moth balls for removal in the spring and my boats always smelled of Moth Balls.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:22 PM   #17

First, I think its best to make sure your coach is all sealed up rather than 'battle' them, it can be done.Keep in mind that when you 'hook up' you give give them a new pathway to your coach too. We bought a trap that does just that and doesn't kill them but we found out that during the night if you caught one it scratches and makes noise that awakens you, its works really well tho. I think its you do put something in your coach to use some sort of reminder so you don't forget and store your coach with a dead mouse inside. Sticky traps leave to mouse stuck and making noise too and thats possible with the old standard traps in the middle of the night. Get your coach raised up in a safe manner on a concrete surface and get your product of choice and a creeper to roll around on and most likely you'll solve about all your problems, and its always a good thing just to 'look' around under your coach.
TdogKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:27 PM   #18

I have two of the electronic critter repellers plugged into the basement outlets. seems to work.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:15 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
First, I think its best to make sure your coach is all sealed up rather than 'battle' them, it can be done
I don't think its possible to completely seal up all the entry points for mice because they can squeeze into a tiny hole or crack. Or at the very least it would be quite difficult to locate and seal up everything. That is why I think some kind of a road block at the wheels and jacks to prevent them from climbing up might be more feesable... or I will just place poison everywhere and kill em all.....
georgetown350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:30 AM   #20

I used these when we lived in the country. They work great!

Rat Zapper 2000, Electronic Trap for Rats, Mice, Rodents
Jake21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:21 PM   #21

When we bought our MH it had been parked for 6 months in the desert. Previous owners had put moth balls in the engine bay and at the front, but had relied on dryer sheets spread all over the inside.
Mice had gotten inside and nested in a drawer full of bedding - using chewed up dryer sheets for lining the nest. So much for the magical powers of dryer sheets.

I spread poison baits all around under adjacent structures, beside the tyres and on top of the tyres and on the chassis and in compartments -
and plenty inside as well -
and just hope for the best because it spends up to a year in the open in a storage yard without any attention.
So far, so good.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:43 PM   #22
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have had to pay the price for chewed wires thanks to these critters. I have two outdoor cats that are doing well and I keep the motor home parked next to the house. After they trashed two rigs parked about 50 yards from the house they did not get enough traffic. I now have a deck to the rig and I am in it several times a week. I use the ultrasonic devices in the outlets and I think they reduce the number that enter. Bit there are some that are not deterred. I feed my cats on the deck and now no more mice. Never liked cats but now I have two that think they are dogs with an attidude.

Improvise, adapt and overcome... "Semper Fi"
TAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:55 PM   #23
KIX

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
Never liked cats but now I have two that think they are dogs with an attidude.
Dogs have "people"........cats have staff.
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:57 PM   #24
KIX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckiest Dre View Post
In the past I have used moth balls and have not had mice. The problem was, I seldom find all the moth balls for removal in the spring and my boats always smelled of Moth Balls.

Put the moth balls in a jar with holes in the lid......use several jars.
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:01 PM   #25
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIX View Post
Dogs have "people"........cats have staff.
So true... But mine now go fow walks with me an my lab. As long as they are outside we get along. DW has one inside cat that I am just buying time. Came as a package deal in the marriage. I call him baggage.

Improvise, adapt and overcome... "Semper Fi"
TAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:33 PM   #26

Just got back from the farm. Glue traps in the old RV had four mice. They are starting to think about where to set up house keeping for the winter. Still won't use poison, not taking a chance of them crawling into some space to die.
GNHebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:39 PM   #27

Moth balls?

How long will the moth balls last?
flipside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:26 PM   #28

Just set 10 spring traps in and around the MH.. It's our first winter with a garage for it, so I'm sure the little ***** would love to set up home in there. I put one on top of each (6) tire, one in the electrical bay because we keep it plugged in, and a couple more inside. More traps are on DW's shopping list, but we have a start.
monkey is offline   Reply With Quote