Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-16-2013, 12:16 PM   #1

Michelin LTX recall

If someone thinks this should be posted in another area, feel free to move

Quote:
Michelin recalls 1.2 million tires in US

Published December 16, 2013Associated Press

Tire-maker Michelin says it is recalling about 1.2 million tires sold in the U.S. because an increasing number are experiencing tread loss or rapid air loss.
The tires are commonly used for pickup trucks, heavy-duty vans, small RVs and commercial light trucks. The Greenville, S.C-based company says no deaths or injuries have been reported because of the tires.
The tires, known as Michelin LTX M/S tires, were manufactured between January 2010 and June 2012. They were sold as original equipment on some vehicles and as new replacement tires.
The company says that fewer than 200 of the tires have been returned by customers. Owners can have them replaced at Michelin stores for no charge.
Michelin recalls 1.2 million tires in US | Fox News
okgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-16-2013, 04:49 PM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
I ran LTX M/S on my truck since new (2000) and swore by them. In 2011 I had to replace all four (5th set) and asked for them again. Costco said they were changed to an LT so I had them installed. Great tire. But I forgot about it until the news came out last night. I went out in the garage fully expecting I was going to have to go in and get them changed out. When I saw the LT on the tire I remembered what Costco told me.

Tags
recall