Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-04-2011, 03:56 PM   #43

Fleetwood Owners Club
Talking

It's hard to miss out on something you never had.
Your experience may be different. And there is nothing wrong with that.
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2011, 04:35 PM   #44

Newmar Owners Club
Romeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 05:03 PM   #45

Newmar Owners Club
Hi everyone,
All the major RV clubs/organizations are organized about the same way. There is a national organization at the top. At the bottom are the chapters. In the middle are various layers of management with responsibilities both to the National HQ and the members in their assigned area. Most of the people serving in these positions are volunteers.

Chapters are small groups of people (members) banded together because of a theme in addition to the RVing theme of the National Organization. The magazine published by the National Organization is filled with unique chapter activities. If one wants to be a member of a chapter, one must be a member of the National Organization. FMCA, Good Sam, Newmar Kountry Klub are just a few examples. One can be a member of the national organization without belonging to a chapter. For me, this makes sense. Chapters are chartered by the National Organization. They are part of the National Organization. Therefore, chapter members must also be part of the National Organization.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 07:14 AM   #46

There not only is no program I would guesss that there never will be a program. Perhpas FMCA and Michelin will announce something but it will not be the 55% that has been tossed about. Probably the same discount that one can negotiate with any decent dealer. It will not be a "national account" deal. FMCA does not have that kind of clout.
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:51 AM   #47

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Angry Michelin Tirs for FMCA members

Hi:

Saw blog about Michelin rep stating that FMCA members get Fleet deals, a'nt so...I email FMCA about program and got response from direct from FMCA that their, Michelin, rep must have confused with another association, a bus company, not FMCA.

Bill
Old 02-05-2011, 11:38 AM   #48

Newmar Owners Club
Hi bill dean1,
Could you post who that email came from and the contents of the email? I am involved in this discussion and so far the official response from FMCA and Michelin is no response at all. I would like to ensure only the "official" answer is/will be provided.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:06 PM   #49

Gary: Wolfe, one of the FMCA moderators and President of the Cat Club already posted the same thing. There is no deal . If you go to the FMCA forum you can find his post. Makes sense. Why would Michelin offer this discount? They already have almost b100% of the OEM rv market and the replacement market is very small compared to say truckers or commercial buses. I think the tire dealers would kicck up a fuss if they had to work on slim margins without the volume. Besides when has FM<CA been able to negotiate any real discounts?? I could certainly see a national chain of tire shops offering a small discount to members of a group.
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:15 PM   #50

Newmar Owners Club
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dean1 View Post
...Michelin, rep must have confused with another association, a bus company, not FMCA. Bill
That might explain why the Michelin Reps letter, in the link back up a few posts, made reference to a "comercial coach association" that sounded similar to "FMCA" (I think it was MCA ). When I read it, I thought "...this doesnt apply to us as members of FMCA. It says members of some commercial bus association by the name of Motor Coach Association... "

The discount listed in the letter was not all that much, either. For my tire size it showed a discount price of $461. The retail price I was given was $498. So that would make a discount of only $37 per tire.

So, if all that is correct, we aren't going to miss much, and could probably negotiate that amount of discount on our own,.

BTW, that letter that the link points to is no longer available. I guess the FMCA forum Admin removed it. I thought I saved the letter, but cant find it.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:41 PM   #51

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by moisheh
I think the tire dealers would kicck up a fuss if they had to work on slim margins without the volume.
Well, one reason would be what the local dealer told me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo View Post
The dealer did mention that the Motor Coach Program sounded like the "Advantage Program" which is a program to deeply discount tires without having to have a purchase quota like a "National Account" requires. He mentioned that the Advantage Program was good for the dealer because the dealer]made a reasonable profit and good for the customer because they received a very good discount...
Old 02-05-2011, 01:13 PM   #52

Newmar Owners Club
Hi moisheh,
I'm not sure what post you are referring to from Brett (Wolfe10) on the FMCA forum. As of 2:20 PM this afternoon FMCA and Michelin continue to say nothing. Because it is the weekend, I doubt any new news will be added until the work week begins.

Brett's post of 2/2 is
"As of this date (2/4/11), there is no Michelin/FMCA Discount Program -- this is from both FMCA and Michelin Corporate.

The rumor was based on a Michelin program with: United Motorcoach Association, NOT FMCA.

United Motor coach Association is a group of Commercial Bus Companies.

The fact that not a single XRV tire was even on the program list was another of the hints that this was not an FMCA program.

I do know that FMCA staff are talking with Michelin about the possibility of such a program in the future.

I will clearly keep you updated if/when anything develops."

For those of you not familiar with politically correct wording please refer to what I highlighted in red.

There is a lot of work going on behind the scenes. All we need to do is take a wait and see attitude. One never knows what will be the final outcome. At this time, for me, I would not go around with a nay-sayer attitude and posts.
Old 02-05-2011, 01:47 PM   #53
Moderator Emeritus

A "chapter" is a smaller club within the giant FMCA, and membership in the chapter requires membership in the parent group as well. But FMCA headquarters doesn't know what each and every one of the 500+ chapters is doing, nor to they handle chapter membership, dues or other services for the chapters.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:45 AM   #54

Fleetwood Owners Club
Camping World is giving a Instant Rebate of $10 to $30 on every G670 tire. Depending on size and $10 on G614 RST LT235/85R16

Good through Feb. 27th
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:23 AM   #55

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If it sounds to good to be TRUE, It proable isn't TRUE. My motorhome didn't want to be a half breed anyway. I'll replace the rear duals with the Good Year G670 to match the steering tires.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:18 AM   #56

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hi Gary:

In response to your inquiry as to who I got email from-It was on the FMCA forum from the moderator.