Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-06-2011, 11:43 AM   #57

Tiffin Owners Club
Sadly it ain't true here's the FMCA forum message to read for yourselves.
Dadeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-07-2011, 03:21 PM   #58
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks, Bill. I've been posting over there as well.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:12 AM   #59

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Everyone,
Please read post # 52 in this thread. I responded about Brett's 2/2 FMCA post. If you'd like another flavor of this exercise, read my other posts in this thread. Nobody, including me, knows what will eventually come of activity between Michelin and the FMCA. One more time, there is activity. It is up to these two organizations to determine the final outcome. It would seem we could take a wait and see attitude. The sky is not falling.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 02:25 PM   #60

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Everyone,
The following was posted on the FMCA forum today. Unfortunately, it is not the answer we had hoped for.
------------------------------------------------------------------
A couple of months ago, FMCA received a suggestion that the association pursue a discount program with Michelin North America for RV tires. While this possibility was being investigated, word spread on the Internet about a potential program based on one that Michelin has with an association for tour bus operators and their fleets. Michelin representatives considered such a program for motorhome owners, but they have concluded that it is not feasible, due to the challenge of communicating and coordinating with the tire manufacturer’s more than 30,000 dealers that would need to be trained to administer the program.

FMCA members who are interested in purchasing Michelin tires are encouraged to talk with a local dealer about any discounts from the retail price these dealers are able to extend as a normal course of business.

Beverly Spurgeon
Director, FMCA Member Services
------------------------------------------------------------------

It is good that the official answer has been made available to FMCA members. On this topic, there can be no "Area 51" speculation.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 02:33 PM   #61
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Unfortunately, the internet is a great highway for disclosing & circulating information either prematurely or inaccurately.

I wonder how much longer Mr. Lorenz will be a "territory manager" for letting the email get out you posted in the OP?

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:08 PM   #62

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
My tires should be good through at least September of 2015. Maybe by then my rich uncle will get out of the poor house and I can buy a new coach with new Michelins already on it.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:16 PM   #63
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
they have concluded that it is not feasible, due to the challenge of communicating and coordinating with the tire manufacturer’s more than 30,000 dealers that would need to be trained to administer the program.
I understand there are many reasons why such a program would not be feasible for Michelin to enter into, but does any one seriously believe that a program for RV owners would be substantially different from all it's other such accounts to manage and require a substantial amount of training to administer the program

The simplest explanation is it would not be profitable for Michelin and that in and of itself would be a good enough reason for them not to do so.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:50 PM   #64
Moderator Emeritus

Agree - Michelin already has a National Account discount program and fleet discount programs available. This simply cannot be much different from a training or admin point of view.

[Sigh] I just knew it was too good to be true...
Old 03-16-2011, 03:14 PM   #65
Moderator Emeritus

Well, this turns out to be a false rumor. The FMCA National Office has announced that there is no Michelin tire discount program for FMCA members. They were looking into it, but it did not pan out.

More info here:
Rumor Of A Michelin Tire Discount Program For FMCA Members - FMCA Motorhome Forums
Old 03-16-2011, 04:38 PM   #66

Tiffin Owners Club
I can only imagine how many new members signed up for FMCA (including me) anticipating the super Michelin Tire discount deal.

Sammie
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:56 PM   #67
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Maybe we all need to buy a Wanderlodge.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:57 PM   #68

There has to be something that FMCA is not telling it's members. Perhaps FMCA has a reason for not offering that discount program. Maybe they don't want to alienate some of their commercial members? 2 MH owner's groups have recently announced a Michelin discount program. I belong to one of those groups. Neither of these groups is what I would call large and apparently it was not too difficult to arrange the program. FMCA has a history of placing it's MH owners last and the commercial members first. Why hasn't FMCA tried to get other discount programs? Batteries would be a good one!
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 06:45 PM   #69

Country Coach Owners Club
"FMCA has a history of placing it's MH owners last and the commercial members first. Why hasn't FMCA tried to get other discount programs? Batteries would be a good one!"

Sorry moisheh, I cannot agree with you. FMCA does not have a history of placing the commercial members first. Think about it, there are way more "F" members than "C" members. I sit on the governing board and can say truthfully it ain't so. Now, if you are interested, why don't you come to Madison,WI and attend the governing board meeting? After that you will change your tune.

Oh, by the way, there is nothing FMCA is holding back concerning a tire discount.

What 2 owner's groups have announced a discount for tires? Inquiring minds wants to know. Please share with us.
dons2346 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:53 PM   #70

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hello All, Gary I've gone to the FMCA web site and can't find anything on the Michelin fleet pricing. Is there anymore info on it.