Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-31-2018, 02:03 PM   #1

Minnie Winnie

Looking to get honest feedback on a Minnie Winnie 26a. Could be in the market if reviews are positive. Much appreciated.
Patrick Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-31-2018, 04:00 PM   #2
WDW

Minnie Winnie

We owned one for a short time. Easy to drive. Fair build. Liked our Jayco that came after that one better. More upgraded features for the money. Some love Winnie for the myth of the name. If I were doing it over, I would look at a leprechaun by forest river.
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 04:12 PM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Patrick! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Don't know anything about the Minnie Winnie but wanted to say hello! Have fun and keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 05:00 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Cook View Post
Looking to get honest feedback on a Minnie Winnie 26a. Could be in the market if reviews are positive. Much appreciated.
We own an Itasca class C which is essentially the same thing. Buying a Winnie is like buying a Chevy. They do a reasonable job of building a coach for the price charged. They are reasonably good at lightweight construction which gives you a good amount of carrying capacity. Not all other makers are as good in that respect. Are they perfect no. Would I buy one again? I am on my second one. We owned a Jayco in between Winnebago products and cabinets fell apart, the floor got soft................ I was always rebuilding it.
Teamfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 02:42 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamfoxy View Post
We own an Itasca class C which is essentially the same thing. Buying a Winnie is like buying a Chevy. They do a reasonable job of building a coach for the price charged. They are reasonably good at lightweight construction which gives you a good amount of carrying capacity. Not all other makers are as good in that respect. Are they perfect no. Would I buy one again? I am on my second one. We owned a Jayco in between Winnebago products and cabinets fell apart, the floor got soft................ I was always rebuilding it.
This information will help tremendously. With the model I'm interested in doesn't have automatic levelers or electric levelers. Just wondering how important that feature is?
Old 11-01-2018, 02:48 PM   #6

Quote:
This information will help tremendously. With the model I'm interested in doesn't have automatic levelers or electric levelers. Just wondering how important that feature is?
I don't have those features on our 5th wheel (or any of the previous RV'S we've owned) . But our next rig will have automatic levelers. The older I get the easier I want things. 20 years ago I would have said "I'll never have those" times change and so does our body parts.
2004 Montana 2955RL, 400 watt solar, 2000 watt inverter/charger, 4-Interstate 225AH 6volt golf cart batteries, All LED lights,Champion Remote start 3- fuel option 3100/3400 inverter/gen.- 2000 F-350 7.3 4x4 long bed crew cab SRW.
weredoingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 03:21 PM   #7

Important, meh. Cool factor is a 10. See if you can get a system added. Note that today’s leveling system uses an electronic control board (automatic) & electric motor to run hydraulic cylinders.
Old 11-01-2018, 05:46 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
We have a 2005 Winnebago Aspect 26A, very well built. This was the inaugural year for the Aspect line and I think it was over-engineered. We bought it used at 50,000 miles. Now has 95,000 miles on it. We have had very few problems with it.
We do not have a leveling system either. I am considering spending the 3-4K or so to add an automatic system. That is how much I love this motorhome.
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 06:42 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by baraff View Post
We have a 2005 Winnebago Aspect 26A, very well built. This was the inaugural year for the Aspect line and I think it was over-engineered. We bought it used at 50,000 miles. Now has 95,000 miles on it. We have had very few problems with it.
We do not have a leveling system either. I am considering spending the 3-4K or so to add an automatic system. That is how much I love this motorhome.
As stated above, as we get older, the automatic leveler system would surely come in handy. Thanks for your insight.
Old 11-02-2018, 04:40 AM   #10

Quote:
We have never had automatic levelers in any of our RV's. I carry lynx leveling blocks for when I need to level. Out of 10 weeks in the MH this summer, I used the blocks maybe 3-4 days.

I have a pair of bubble levels mounted inside the MH where they can be seen by the driver. Often times we can get within the 3 degree tolerance by shifting our position on the site by a few feet. If we can't then I get out the number of blocks I will need and line them up on the ground outside of the wheels. Then I back up (or pull forward) enough to slide them in place and drive on. You get to know pretty quickly how many blocks to use.

My understanding is that a set of hydraulic levelers weighs about 200# and costs about $3K. I would rather not give up 200# of carrying capacity for the levelers.
Teamfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote