Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-23-2018, 04:45 AM   #29

If you told me upfront you could look at it but no guarantee I would thank you and go find someone else. Stop it before it starts. Sorry to disagree with some but no fix then no money. Did the same for a plumber that came to the house to fix my well pump. After 4 hours he threw his hands up and said I can’t figure it out. I told him I called you as a professional, you spent half the day screwing around and the problem still existed. Why would I ever think about shelling out money for that? I don’t pay for guess work or failed best effort. If you didn’t come ready and have the knowledge then you should not have accepted the service call. You as a so called professional should know your in over your head from the get go or call for extra help on your dime not charge me for the added help. Consider it a learning experience on his part. If you walk away so does your bill. If your decent about it I will pay for your travel time but not a penny more because now I have to go find a competent tech and pay twice the cost. Not happening...
Rickho is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2018, 07:36 AM   #30

Looks like a lot of folks think the service tech should invest in a crystal ball so he can diagnose the problem before he sees it. Mine is currently in the shop for a repair diagnosis. I don't know if Merlin can figure it out or not, but I am pretty sure I will get a bill for his services either way.

For those of you who can diagnose a problem and guarantee a fix without even seeing the actual condition, I envy you. It just doesn't work that way in my world.
Old 10-23-2018, 08:25 AM   #31

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by znt1186 View Post
Looks like a lot of folks think the service tech should invest in a crystal ball so he can diagnose the problem before he sees it. Mine is currently in the shop for a repair diagnosis. I don't know if Merlin can figure it out or not, but I am pretty sure I will get a bill for his services either way.

For those of you who can diagnose a problem and guarantee a fix without even seeing the actual condition, I envy you. It just doesn't work that way in my world.

Having done this in aviation all my life I know my limits. If the person explains his issue over the phone or in person it’s a starting point and if you are weak in that area be upfront with that person. To this day I get calls from owners of helicopters asking questions on issues they are having and telling me what they have been told what’s wrong
I received a call last night from a person I call a friend now who owns coffee and sugar company’s and I spent an hour going through his problem on his helicopter.
When my wife was still on this earth he flew the both of us and paid for everything to look at his helicopter and I did fix the issue because I knew what the issue was and told him on the phone how to fix it and what to look for if he had someone else do this.
I don’t buy this I think I can fix it knowing I have no clue when I am told the issue. You know the people that does and should be upfront and tell them you should call this guy instead of me coming to look. RV are like aircrafts they are money pits

Tags
air