Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-22-2014, 08:26 PM   #29
Winnebago Owners Club
Some very nice coachs and alternatives out there. I tend to like lots of light but since I spend most of my day outside I do not need it inside the coach.

I like the colors the DW picks as she also likes lots of light.

I find the darker colors depressing but I find the really light and white colors sterile and impersonal. Reminds me of an operating room??

While not exactly the correct shade we wanted the coach is very close to what we like. It is warm and inviting for the evenings while we sit around with friends and relive the days events.

I am not sure what modern style means. If it means the flavor of the day, soon to be changed to something else as soon as we start adopting to the current trend. We always think that change is improvement but I think it is exactly what it is and that is change (something different and not currently the trend).

Look at advertising now days. You can buy the same old soap - now in new and improved packaging. It seems to be a marketing ploy. Get people buying something because they are unhappy with the old product and then get them to buy something new after they are using the current product.

My old pair of leather slippers definitely are not in the modern style but try to take them away from me and I will be most unhappy. I dont care if they are not "modern" as they are really comfortable and I am comfortable in them.

BTW - the old rounded corners and flowing lines were prevalent in the decoliner years. IMO the modern style is simply going full circle and repeating a style that was popular 40 years ago.

Gordon and Janet
Tour 42QD/inTech Stacker
Gordon Dewald is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2014, 11:14 PM   #30
For our coach (which is our first) we went for practicality when choosing colors. We have two boys, three dogs and wanted to get a Class A toy hauler - dark interior to hide the DBD (dirt,boys,dogs) was a necessity so we picked the dark "leather" interior which meant we were also getting the darker cherry cabinets. I have done my best to lighten the look by adding pillows & throws that are in light colors, put lighter bedding in and have considered recovering the valances as well.

Love, love, love our coach but in six years when we get the youngest off to college our next coach will probably be a DP and definitely in lighter woods, fabrics, etc. We always have fun looking at different coaches and the ones in the lighter finishes always look cleaner and more spacious to us.
Hopefully when that time comes there will be a nice variety of options - some for those who prefer light interior as well as dark.

Orangepeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 11:02 AM   #31
Comfort vs Style?

thanks a lot everybody for all your replies and ideas.

This helps me quite a lot to gain a better understanding of all the tastes, priorities and backgrounds etc. As I am interior designer of a design studio I always do my best to find the best solution for both style and comfort. Hence it is super important to know why things are as they are and what can be improved.
At our studio we try to create a design which is practical and style-wise appreciated by the customers today. Difficult enough it still has to be in shape for the next 10 to 15 years. We got the buyers in mind wants to have a good price for his RV in case he wants to sell it after some years. Hence things have to be timeless. In terms of timeless design I think Airstream is doing a fantastic job. If there would be the price!
Another thing is the detailing. I think there is a lot of room for improvement. One example is a simple door handle. On my house this is a solid piece of metal and it works properly. Why shouldn´t I have the same quality on my RV?

Some discussions addressed something what maybe can be called "IKEA vs. Amish". I like that discussion. And I like both, the IKEA style traditionally based on a reduced thus cozy design style of the north European countries, but produced in a today´s industrialized way. On the other hand I really appreciate the perfect craftsmanship of the Amish, where all what looks like wood IS wood! Great!

I wonder how a design style will be in maybe 5 years or so. What surely will remain is the demand for functionality and quality. Maybe even more important, comfort! Enough place for the travelers and friends plus tons of storage.

We did our best on the following travel trailers, Class-A and Class-B vehicles. Let me know what you think about the design. (in this cases we made all, outside and inside)

Grande Puccini - Tabbert Wohnwagen
Interior - Knaus, Caravans, Wohnwagen, Wohnmobile, Reisemobile: Infos zu Modellen, Qualität, Produktion, Technik, Innovatives News

But, if you like them … leave your credit cards in our pockets. Sorry, all not available in the US!

The first Class-B we were working on will be presented end of the year, partly designed in Europe, engineered and all build in North America!
Volvo V-60 D-2 Ocean Race
Transportation Design-Manager
Slow Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 06:44 PM   #32
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I love plaids and really like the balance between the plaid and solids, but the matching of the patterns require more attention. My design studio is in the Hamptons, New York and my clients would not tolerate the front panel not matching the back panel of each pillow. On the sofa, Cru, the plaid pillow in the photo on the left is upside down. I commend you on the tasteful blend of pattern, but the matching of pattern is lacking and detracts.

Stan, Mary, Maggie the Canine Princess & Lucy Princess in Training
2013 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 36pft
2006 Envoy Toad
diva51 is offline   Reply With Quote