Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-13-2012, 10:25 AM   #127

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportech View Post
lpkirby,

I removed the standard bench seating and table and replaced it with a buffet cabinet and separate chairs. There are only two of us and we didn't like the bench. After checking with Fleetwood for a matching cabinet to the rest of the coach I built my own and saved tons of $$$$. The left drawer is replaced with a laptop tray and the right is still a drawer. The table extends to seat 5 comfortably. The storage below holds the laptop bag, printer and lots more. Could also be made to hold a file drawer. When you fold the laptop up and slide it in, it still looks like a dining room table.

Dave
This is just what I want to do! How hard was it to remove the dinette?

Kent

Lincolnboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-13-2012, 03:22 PM   #128

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by larcougar View Post
back with more first screen door magic mesh works great,
had to cut down to fit doorway next kitchen pull down
facet easy install next stairs before and after last for
now lights the short shade with bulb sticking out
replaced with longer shade with 15degree led lights up
the bar and counter very good.
more to come.
Great job and thanks for posting. Rvers love to tinker and I just bought my first MH and the list has already started. 1st. Replace all old TV's with LED 1080p TV's...Fun Fun Fun. Great idea...I will post pics during the job.

Larry

Old 01-13-2012, 04:17 PM   #129

Removing the dinette was easy once I found the hidden fasteners! They screwed the structure in place and then glued and stapled trim over the top. We love the extra storage and the laptop drawer.

Dave
Revolution 40E

This is just what I want to do! How hard was it to remove the dinette?

Kent[/QUOTE]
Old 01-13-2012, 04:56 PM   #130

Ford Super Duty Owner
How to get more cold air

Ducted ceiling vents? If yes read on.
Our first trip in hot weather was a disaster. One A’cond for thirty-three footer is not enough on 105 degree days. Several lifestyle changes and RV mod’s later we were much more comfortable - but still not good enough. During one hot day I felt COLD air around a ceiling mounted light fixture. That leads to discovery of several problems in ceiling ducting that I could fix. Our ceiling ducts were nothing more than a channel molded into foam with ceiling wallboard glued to foam and forming the fourth side of the duct. Ceiling panel was loose/unglued at some openings and air was being pushed into space between panel and foam, then coming out where it wasn‘t supposed to and cooling what amounts to attic space along the way. Only material needed, duct tape. Very light pencil marks along edges of items removed will show area covered and limits of area that can be taped without showing. Remove ceiling mounted devices: registers/vents, inside a’cond trim/covers AND especially trim around every skylight and operable ceiling vent hatches. Run a’cond to see for sure it if cold air is were it shouldn’t be. Lay tape from portions of ceiling covered by trim up sides of opening. Pay close attention to space around rear roof vent if yours is “preped” for a second a’cond as ours was. They share a common duct and plate sealing/closing duct at rear was loose and cold air from front was coming into hatch housing. I sealed fixture wire holes with cutoff pieces of foam weather striping plugs as opposed to caulk.
I have been testing results with IR temp gun and this project has helped. Picture shows one hatch with trim and screen removed. Area without tape shows a little of the gap and note round vent. Duct runs less than six inches from edge of hatch. While trim off good time to clean trim, screen, hatch cover etc. AND see how crank works. For two years I ASSUMED hatch was sealed when closed. NOT SO I pulled down on hatch rail and it moved another 1/4 inch or so. More playing around with crank and I learned just how hard to turn knob and get a good seal. And another air leak closed. Asked DW to close - same problem and now she is trained in proper hatch closing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PC070001.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	175.9 KB
ID:	17087  
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 05:42 PM   #131

Chuck I think the rv manufactures need that inspected
by guy,our the A/C in our 5ver was not good at
all nothing came out of the ceiling vent in the living
room,I took the vent cover off and could not believe what
I saw they cut the circle out of the duct but left the cutout
in the duct covering the vent,I then took the inside A/C cover
off no duct tape at all in there air was just going everywhere
taped it all up A/C works great.
Old 01-14-2012, 01:55 AM   #132

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by larcougar View Post
Chuck I think the rv manufactures need that inspected
by guy,our the A/C in our 5ver was not good at
all nothing came out of the ceiling vent in the living
room,I took the vent cover off and could not believe what
I saw they cut the circle out of the duct but left the cutout
in the duct covering the vent,I then took the inside A/C cover
off no duct tape at all in there air was just going everywhere
taped it all up A/C works great.
The problem you had is with lazy workers that are only there for a paycheck.

I have been in furniture manuf. airplane, & space shuttle build, and repaired autos for yrs. Auto industry is the best for consistant assembly.

I don't know which of my childhood learnings did it, but I have always been grateful that I place a sense of quality and pride in my work, whatever it may be.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:15 AM   #133

Ford Super Duty Owner
Sleep Safe Mod

Do all sleeping areas have a smoke detector? If sleeping areas can be isolated/separated by doors or curtians you need detectors in each area PERIOD. “low battery always a PITA“, “But we never close door”, “it came that way from factory so it must be OK” Once more - working smoke detector in every sleeping area. Our 33 foot “A” came from factory with ONE detector and that was up front. With two doors between rear bed and smoke detector and LOTs of electrical stuff under bed to boot, we were sleeping in danger every night until I add one in bedroom. If you need one and are near Llano Grande/Mercedes TX. I will give you one.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:36 AM   #134

These are some of the before and after interior redecorating mods.

1. Had to replace all of the 12v rope lighting
2. Installed a Flexsteel Convertible Dinette
3. Redid all window treatments and front curtian. All fabric, rugs and pillows from Target.
4. Rest of decor....Disneyworld it's a sickness what can I say.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	TOURMASTER67.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	17094   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03846.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	302.4 KB
ID:	17095  

Name:	TOURMASTER84.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	17096   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03855.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	281.1 KB
ID:	17097  

Graniteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 03:56 PM   #135

Ford Super Duty Owner
Night Lights

Only one 110 VAC outlet in bathroom. Electric tooth brush and night light filled it up. Electric razor, hair dryer, curling iron etc.. So decided to add 12vdc night light to ceiling fixture and free up half of outlet and reduce some of the juggling. Found these special LED’s on EBay, under $4.00 for twenty delivered in 2-4 weeks.
“20 X 10mm LED PRE WIRED WIDE VIEW ANGLE WHITE 12V DC”
Normally you need to add a resistor with LED. Didn’t have any so installed without. Three month summer trip and all OK. Our light fixtures have three position switch: off, one on and both bulbs on. In bathroom I just wired one 10mm LED to power - no switch as it is so dark, even in daytime, with foam pillow in vent most of the time. At kitchen sink I rewired switch so all off, two 10 mm LED’s night light on and both bulbs on. These are white with slight blue tint but at night it is not really noticeable. If you can find in warm white - let me know.
Picture shows fixture with LED panel MOD (that's another MOD) and hard to see LED near the blank screw hole. One on other side also. Just drill slightly smaller hole, press LED in from inside fixture and connect to power source of choice.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	PC080003.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	153.5 KB
ID:	17102  
Old 01-14-2012, 04:35 PM   #136
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctpres View Post
Do all sleeping areas have a smoke detector? If sleeping areas can be isolated/separated by doors or curtians you need detectors in each area PERIOD. “low battery always a PITA“, “But we never close door”, “it came that way from factory so it must be OK” Once more - working smoke detector in every sleeping area. Our 33 foot “A” came from factory with ONE detector and that was up front. With two doors between rear bed and smoke detector and LOTs of electrical stuff under bed to boot, we were sleeping in danger every night until I add one in bedroom. If you need one and are near Llano Grande/Mercedes TX. I will give you one.
Very good advice, ctpres.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 04:35 PM   #137
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graniteman View Post
These are some of the before and after interior redecorating mods.

1. Had to replace all of the 12v rope lighting
2. Installed a Flexsteel Convertible Dinette
3. Redid all window treatments and front curtian. All fabric, rugs and pillows from Target.
4. Rest of decor....Disneyworld it's a sickness what can I say.
Good job!

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 04:50 PM   #138

Ford Super Duty Owner
Dump hose support rack

Material needed: 10 foot - four inch PVC pipe, some scrap 1x4 or 2x4, and a few ¼ x1 carriage bolts with nuts. Cut pipe to 6 and 4 foot then each piece in half lengthwise, I used table saw. Stack em up one inside the other and drill 5/16 holes about every 8 or so inches. I used hole saw in center of scrap 1x4 at various places then cut from side thru middle of holes to make Tee stands as shown. Bolt pieces together to get length needed. Lay hose in rack and add a couple bungees to hold it in place. RV dump end suspended from frame with bungee, rope or small chain.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	PC080001.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	368.7 KB
ID:	17103   Click image for larger version

Name:	PC080002.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	485.9 KB
ID:	17104  

Old 01-14-2012, 05:44 PM   #139

Ford Super Duty Owner
Graniteman - Nice job. Just one question. What is purpose of curtain rod that appears to be above drivers seat?
Old 01-14-2012, 08:56 PM   #140

ctpres. Thank you. The curtian rod serves two purposes. I thought the slide looked unfinshed when it was in. So I tried to hide it with a floor length curtian. Also had a small draft that allowed cold air to creep up my left leg when driving. Now the cabin floor heat keeps the piggys toasty. I was going to try to run one the entire width of the cab but the rod would have had to run on a sharp angle or into one of the cabinets. The LP heat vent is directly behind DW's throne and didn't want any fire hazards either.

I was reading on another thread today that alot of people run a curtian the entire width and travel with the cabin heat or air only. We have our daughter with us so that isn't an option. Maybe in a few years when I can finally FT.

Graniteman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rvs