Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-06-2019, 10:13 PM   #1443

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlesore View Post
AND... DONE!!!
Wife IS HAPPY!!!!

That’s what matters most right, if the wife doesn’t like it you’d sure to hear it all the time. Not that wives nag....but, happy wife happy life. Lmao.
Jeff6146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-06-2019, 10:18 PM   #1444

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTTransplant View Post
We had some woodwork mods done by a guy in Red Bay who works for Tiffin but does mods on the side. Liquor cabinet above TV, a cool cup holder for my favorite travel mug (the base Tiffin cup holder suck!), and a line drawer under the table. Love them!

Good idea on the drawers underneath the table, I’ve got the same ones I just replaced in my study on my desk for the bills or whatnot. I’ve got one of those really old looking wooden executives desk that they looked great on but we’re making the thing look a little tiring. Now I know what to do with them. Now to get them out of the garage sale bins.
Old 08-07-2019, 07:34 AM   #1445

Here is another upgrade that cost about $30 and is easy to do. Dish/hand soap dispenser added to corian counter, using 1-1/2" hole saw.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Soap Dispenser.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	256070   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hole Saw.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	256071  

grindstone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 12:48 PM   #1446

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindstone01 View Post
Here is another upgrade that cost about $30 and is easy to do. Dish/hand soap dispenser added to corian counter, using 1-1/2" hole saw.

Brother you’re better than I am, I don’t have it in me to drill into my corona counters. Looks good as hell though
Old 08-08-2019, 07:50 AM   #1447

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff6146 View Post
Brother you’re better than I am, I don’t have it in me to drill into my corona counters. Looks good as hell though
Its really not hard to do. Just be sure there isn't any obstructions underneath. I drilled mine to install a faucet sprayer.
jt
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 08:06 AM   #1448

Heck, I have made 3 new openings in the outside skin of mine. After the first, its easy!
A32Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 10:04 AM   #1449

Bought Arctic Fox 22G trailer May 2018. Love it and have been making improvements. Plan on keeping it a long time.

Added 1405 watts of roof top solar, 2200 watt Spartan pure sine wave inverter and four 100 amp-hour LiFePO4 BattleBornBatteries kept inside. The inverter transfer switch is feed from a new breaker panel from the trailer 30 amp plug and the output goes to the trailer original breaker panel. The original converter/charger has been removed and I have a 105 watts of DC charging connected to the new breaker panel before the transfer switch. The large 300 watt panel on the storage rack in the back allows us to keep the bathroom fantastic fan vent fully open even in heavy rain.

I removed the original large TV antenna with a powered unit that sits at the rear of the trailer behind the storage rack. I get twice as many channels with the new antenna. The old antenna roof space now is used for another 300 watt solar panel.

Added a WeBoost Drive Reach with a trucker antenna bolted to the storage rack. I improve my cellular reception when in the trailer. I move the booster amplifier to the truck using a 2nd antenna for when I am driving.

Added plastic coated cable attached to solar Z brackets to run allow fridge side of 20 foot. We use a 20' x 14' grommeted AllumiNet shade fabric that connects to the cable using bungee balls and out to stakes. This shades the south facing fridge wall all day and reduces the heat on the trailer. The trailer fridge works much better now on hot sunny days.

I just swapped out the Coleman-Mach 3 Plus for a Mach 1 PS (Power Saver). The new air conditioner only pulls 8 amps and I can run it all day on solar power only. We camp at altitude in the Great Basin and never need air conditioning after the sun goes done.

I installed a 4 channel 65 watt/channel car audio amplifier to improve the output of the Jensen JWM6A. I also added a 12 volt powered subwoofer. I changed my 4 inside speakers out for some Jl Audio C2-525x speakers. The audio system is much better now.

Added a pair of very quiet 140mm Noctua fans to circulate air into our front pass-through storage area. This keeps the 2200 watt inverter happy when I am running the air conditioner with the pass-through storage doors locked. I have a magnetic vent cover that goes over the fan vent grill to block airflow when the fans are turned off.

I have a dedicated external trailer outlet that connects to my 2200 inverter. I run a cable from the inverter outlet to my house manual transfer switch. I switch several daytime loads to the trailer from 7:30AM to 5:30PM when I get back from work. This shifts about 5-6 Kilowatt-hours of energy from my utility feed to my trailers solar system.

Added another DC power center near the dinette that provides four 12 volt outlets and four USB charging ports.

Added a 2nd 300 watt pure sine wave inverter to power the Dish satellite Wally receiver and upgraded 32 inch Sony TV. This allows us to keep the Wally and TV powered even when we turned off the 2200 watt inverter overnight.

Added many additional hooks for walls around the trailer. Useful for hanging up stuff everywhere.

Added 3 red/white switchable LED light fixtures. This allows us to use only red light when we are using the trailer at large astronomy events. The red light interferes less with adaptive night vision.

We use aluminum bubble wrap on each window and skylight. It keeps the sun from heating the trailer on the sunny side. It allows us to sleep in after staying up very late looking at the stars. It also keeps any inside light from being seen outside so other astronomers aren't bothered by it.
Old 08-19-2019, 10:05 AM   #1450

--- removed dup post
Old 08-19-2019, 10:19 AM   #1451

Got my new set of awning and deflapper poles finished.....self storing so there's no need to find a place to carry them, with internal led lights.....really adds to strength of these electric awnings....
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 04:44 PM   #1452

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
Got my new set of awning and deflapper poles finished.....self storing so there's no need to find a place to carry them, with internal led lights.....really adds to strength of these electric awnings....
Cool! Glad to see you here.
A32Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 04:12 PM   #1453

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindstone01 View Post
Good idea
BillyBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 06:54 PM   #1454

Added a foot switch to turn On the Engine Brake for steep / twisty declines.
$30 in parts and 2 hours of labor. A switch, a relay, some wire and some time.
Old 08-22-2019, 06:45 AM   #1455

Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
In line water filter for the ice maker & water dispenser in fridge door.

Put it in the outside compartment on the feed to the water valves. Makes changing a breeze.
Old 08-22-2019, 07:04 AM   #1456

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBass View Post
Good idea
.lz, akbmmg vvvv..v

On
N
RasMouSein is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rvs