Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-14-2012, 08:17 PM   #141

National RV Owners Club
Replacing Oven with Dishwasher

Just like Taz and Sportech, we removed our oven and replaced it with a cooktop and dishwasher. The cooktop is almost identical to the combined oven & cooktop we took out (Atwood). The DW is Edgestar - we had to widen the opening 1-11/16 inches for it (good excuse to buy a battery powered jigsaw with a laser guide). It took three trips to the hardware store to get the right water fittings. All together it cost us about $450 and one day of work. Still haven't sold the old stove yet (any buyers?). Here are some pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2661.jpg
Views:	536
Size:	281.5 KB
ID:	17110   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2680.jpg
Views:	657
Size:	326.7 KB
ID:	17111  

Name:	DSCN2702.jpg
Views:	553
Size:	251.6 KB
ID:	17112   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2705.jpg
Views:	701
Size:	280.8 KB
ID:	17113  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-14-2012, 08:47 PM   #142

Monaco Owners Club
Awesome! I think a few of these mods are going to be incorporated in our update on our 2000 Beaver class A.
Barb
barbhalsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:39 PM   #143
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfrantz View Post
Just like Taz and Sportech, we removed our oven and replaced it with a cooktop and dishwasher. The cooktop is almost identical to the combined oven & cooktop we took out (Atwood). The DW is Edgestar - we had to widen the opening 1-11/16 inches for it (good excuse to buy a battery powered jigsaw with a laser guide). It took three trips to the hardware store to get the right water fittings. All together it cost us about $450 and one day of work. Still haven't sold the old stove yet (any buyers?). Here are some pics.
Very nice. Where did you find one the same width? I had to widen the opening but I like the larger model. It would have been easier if I found the right size. Looks great!

Improvise, adapt and overcome... "Semper Fi"
TAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:04 PM   #144

Any Mods

I would only add this, once you have done modifications to ANYTHING on your RV, make a complete record of what you did to modify it, so the next owner knows what was changed should they have a problem. Put the list in a file to pass on to the next owner. I will assure you they will appreciate it.
djbmsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:13 PM   #145

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfrantz View Post
Just ran the first full load of dishes & was pleasantly surprised how quiet the dishwasher is. Makes less noise than the furnace or even the oscillating heater. Dishes came out clean, dry, & sterile.

Marilyn
Frantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:37 AM   #146

Ford Super Duty Owner
LIL blue frig fan Mod

A Mod-a-day keeps the Doctor away.
Our little blue fan is on it’s second RV. Keeps temp even and have NEVER had to defrost. Only problems we had were the alligator clip used to provide ground connection and hold fan on fins came off from time to time, would not allow fan to snug against fins and fan could not be moved up high for less interference with food items. One solution is to cut wire clip around ground wire and put Velcro tabs on fins and back of fan. I did not try this but suspect it would be best method from a noise stand point. I toyed with idea to use binder clips on fins to increase surface area for Velcro and it dawned on me that binder clip could replace alligator clip. I ended up using a medium size clip as it seemed to have the most tension on thin stuff. Drill hole in top center of fan and. binder clip, open clip on small file and clean paint off contact area. Remove binder clip handles. cut alligator clip off and replaced with small crimp on ring terminal - crimp and solder. Use small screw and nut to hold it all together. Just press clip over a fin at desired location. Easy to move as needed. Haven’t got around to it yet but on previous RV I used dabs of hot glue to attach wire to frig wall. If I get really bored some day, I might even replace the stock orange power wire with a white one, just to make things look a little nicer. I am sure the binder clip would work on just about any kind of muffin/PC fan.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	PC100001.jpg
Views:	539
Size:	222.2 KB
ID:	17137   Click image for larger version

Name:	PC100002.jpg
Views:	563
Size:	253.6 KB
ID:	17138  

Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:17 AM   #147

Monaco Owners Club
What are you using for the power source?
Pricejh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:48 PM   #148

and where did you get that fan?
1stCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:53 PM   #149
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pricejh View Post
What are you using for the power source?
Quote:
Originally Posted by larcougar View Post
and where did you get that fan?
Here's probably more than you ever wanted to know about the fan in the fridge. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f54/fan-i...dge-87979.html
Old 01-16-2012, 03:52 PM   #150

To someone else's unit
Good friend has older coach that did not have an inverter, issue to watch DVD at night with generator, plus slight overkill.

Added a HF 750 watt inverter along with a couple surplus 70 AH Telcom AGM batteries on complete floating system.

Has battery minder type charger for the batteries.

A 120 volt coil DPDT relay on the output of the inverter acts as ATS switching the outlet where the DVD is connected to inverter.

Also added battery minder to coach battery system as the converter would boil out the water.

The inverter does not draw much overhead power, so we estimate the unit could run for quite a few days on the charge.

Next up are aux plugs to use the new battery system as well as extra outlet for outdoor connections.

We left the factory wiring alone except to draw power for the charger and the new 12 volt tv we installed with it's self made ATS for the 12 volt side.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:26 PM   #151

Ford Super Duty Owner
Lil blue fan

There were a couple questions about the Lil blue fan, if not answered:
Where to buy the fan -
Try this email rvrefrigfan@yahoo.com or buy on eBay $15.00 with free shipping just look for/type
DOMETIC NORCOLD REFRIGERATOR FAN FOR RV 12 VOLT
For seventeen more days try this link
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=DOM ETIC+NORCOLD+REFRIGERATOR+FAN+FOR+RV+12+VOLT&_saca t=See-All-Categories
As to power source, for the fan. If your frig has a mechanical light switch, power comes from the light and won’t take five minutes. Instructions with fan are adequate. Otherwise it gets more complicated.
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:25 AM   #152

Ford Super Duty Owner
Super Bowl seating Mod

In process of adding 110 outlet in slide and had to remove couch. Turns out to be easy and with a little adjusting, I think we will keep couch there during longer term parking. Much better for TV viewing. Our couch had one L bracket at inside bottom of each corner, each secured to floor with four screws.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:15 AM   #153

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctpres View Post
In process of adding 110 outlet in slide and had to remove couch. Turns out to be easy and with a little adjusting, I think we will keep couch there during longer term parking. Much better for TV viewing. Our couch had one L bracket at inside bottom of each corner, each secured to floor with four screws.
Guess I forgot picture - sorry
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	PC110001.jpg
Views:	565
Size:	251.0 KB
ID:	17185  
Old 01-18-2012, 08:32 AM   #154

ctpres,
So did you fasten the sofa in the "new" position? does the slide go in under the sofa? would like more details. this might work in my Class C... Thanks

Tags
rvs