Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-03-2012, 06:46 AM   #211

Ford Super Duty Owner
Another new TOY

Installed a multipurpose dash gizmo with:
Internal rechargeable battery
Day, date, week, time - hour min and sec, 12 or 24 hour format
Alarm clock with snooze
Inside temp. C or F
Outside temp. C or F
Freeze alarm!
AND battery/charging voltage

I used 3m command strip to mount instead of provided double stick. If I don’t like the location it will be easier to move. Cut wire to remote temp sensor so I could make a really small hole to get sensor outside. Connected to chassis battery so I can keep an eye on alternator when driving. Thinking about installing switch so I can monitor chassis or house batteries.
Got it on Ebay for about $13.00. Just look for
“Car Alarm LCD/Battery Monitor Temperature”
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PC270001.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	203.9 KB
ID:	17620  

ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-03-2012, 07:07 AM   #212

I too replaced both CRT TV's in my M/H recently w/flatscreens. In the rear/bedroom area, the space savings allowed me to install a fire-proof safe, along with enough room for the multitude of owners manuals for unit. Made a secret removable panel to support new Flat TV w/wall bracket, with safe hidden behind.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:43 AM   #213

Improvement we have made to our 2006 Monaco Diplomat PDQ
Changed out 26 inch to a 32 inch Sony LED TV in cabin overhead.
Changed out 19 inch to a 32 inch Sony LED TV in Bedroom.
I added MoSat controller with automatic Winegard Skyline Satellite Ant. Pay as you go Dish Network Service.
Installed XM Receiver Head Mount and the antenna and hardwired to 12 volt source and audio out into Aux on back of stock radio. (Free)
Installed Sony Blue Ray Player (HDMI to Front TV only).
All coach windows tented very dark black by “Rally” vendor.
Installed a double stainless sliding rack in large cabinet under kitchen sink. I got this at Lowes about 120.00 bucks, it was a perfect fit and easy to install. Now we can uses all the space for pots/pans/toaster/hand mixer ect.
Replaced all Sink Faucets with Moen Faucets
Installed “Shark Bite” brass cut off valves on PEX Piping at each sink Faucets (I do not have a manifold system)
Installed “Shark Bite” brass cut off valves to replace cheesy valves on low point drain lines .
Installed Progressive Industries EMS-LCHW50 Protection System.
Reversed my electrical reel (Free)
Brass quick connectors to water hoses and inlets.
Added Extension Hoses to Water pump, they work to help with the noise.
Installed LED motion detector exterior Porch Light.
Installed Enternabond 6 inch “Seam Eliminator” over front and rear cap roof seams. Very clean look.
I secured 1 X 4 framing of compartment in bottom of slide tray. I use plastic milk crates and storage bins for storage and they each have their own slot to sit in. This keeps everything nice and tight.
Replaced the two factory shelves and installed two additional shelves in the washer dryer cabinet (No washer/dryer) we use this space for storage. I used 3/8 in oak cabinet grade plywood, added cross bracing to bottoms and stained all to match the cabinet.
Replaced cheesy door rollers and retaining brackets in closet door track with heavy duty nylon wheels with roller bearings. What a difference that made, no dragging and they do not fall out when you hit a bump.
Had custom exterior front shades made and snaps installed. Windshield, cockpit windows, entry door window, and wipers cover. Really keeps out the sun heat!
Repaired, cleaned, tightened, and secured all power and video cables for rear and side cameras. No more issues.
Tightened all connections in AC panels, then applied a drop of yellow sealer to each screw to prevent them from working lose. (The sealer will show a crack if it is lose)
Removed bottom factory straps and installed latches on fuel tank and water tank panels. (They are hinged at the top) This allows for additional storage over fuel tank and gives me easy access to the black/gray/fresh tank wiring and plumbing.
Re-sealed and “smoothed out” all duct work where it was connected to the HVAC roof units. Quite and better airflow now.
Re-worked furnace duct, removed 3 feet of access duct material and added vent covers that I can open and close. The duct work that supplied my bathroom and bedroom floor vents was kinked and all most blocked off when it was built. I have much better airflow now.
Sealed/Resealed every wire and water line chase I could find with a little expanding foam spray insulation.
Added “Pop Out” screens to Fantastic vents to replace the screw retained ones. Clean and replace in about 2 minutes each.
Lined the bottoms of upper storage cabinets with same “carpet material” used in higher end Monaco products. The cabinet guy at the old Monaco Service Center in Wildwood gave me about 2 yards of the material.
Installed Trik-L-Start between House and Coach Bats.
Added “drop down” post support to secure the bed in the raised position when I need to get into the storage area.
Added 110 outlets to side of bed box for the electric blanket, and a 110 outlet to side of bathroom vanity for space heater use. The heater will warm the bath and bedroom if I close the main cabin door. Both of these outlets are powered by the 15/20 amp outlet on the campground service pole.
Some things to do soon:
Add step well kick plates like Diplomat Don Did! Got them just need to do it.
Remove clean, re-seat, and seal with Enternabond tape the roof vents, waste vent and skylight. Waiting on spring!
Change out some interior lights to LED.
Add 1 or 2 LED exterior light on upper passenger side for lighting up the “entertaining area”. I can access through the wall above the microwave, but have not decided on how to run 12 volt or where to put the switch.
Replace stairwell lights fixtures with LED’s, I bought three of them from the boating section at Wally World, but have not installed them yet.
Run 12 volt LED rope lights behind window valances in living room. Wish I could tie all four to one switch. My current plan has each set with its own switch and the power feeding from the recessed slide ceiling lights.
Add shelf above rod in closet.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:24 PM   #214

National RV Owners Club
Xbox Kinect Stand

We have an Xbox Kinect (which is magic!) but sitting the Kinect sensor on the dash leaves a cable hanging down and we have to put it away when we're done. We tried strapping it to the bottom of the TV, but it must be on a stand so it can freely move to track you.

The solution is a flip down stand. The stand is designed to hold an LCD TV, but I swapped the pieces around to hold the Kinect wall mount stand from the top. It flips up to store and for travel. It worked GREAT!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0114.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	240.8 KB
ID:	17647   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0117.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	221.9 KB
ID:	17648  

Name:	IMG_0116.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	182.3 KB
ID:	17649  
sfrantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:29 AM   #215

Damon Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctpres View Post
Installed a multipurpose dash gizmo with:
Internal rechargeable battery
Day, date, week, time - hour min and sec, 12 or 24 hour format
Alarm clock with snooze
Inside temp. C or F
Outside temp. C or F
Freeze alarm!
AND battery/charging voltage

I used 3m command strip to mount instead of provided double stick. If I don’t like the location it will be easier to move. Cut wire to remote temp sensor so I could make a really small hole to get sensor outside. Connected to chassis battery so I can keep an eye on alternator when driving. Thinking about installing switch so I can monitor chassis or house batteries.
Got it on Ebay for about $13.00. Just look for
“Car Alarm LCD/Battery Monitor Temperature”
Sweet set up.

Question? I notice you and I have the same tire monitoring system, are you having any trouble with the sending units cuting in and out after several months of use? Mine are starting to drop off line totally on a regualr basis, or are only picking up temp (or air pres) but not cyclking through the other tire points.

Just curious if I'm the only one having that issue?
Old 02-04-2012, 08:50 AM   #216

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by BpK9Miami View Post
Sweet set up.

Question? I notice you and I have the same tire monitoring system, are you having any trouble with the sending units cuting in and out after several months of use? Mine are starting to drop off line totally on a regualr basis, or are only picking up temp (or air pres) but not cyclking through the other tire points.

Just curious if I'm the only one having that issue?
Ours almost 2 years old and one recently stopped transmitting - suspect battery. Covered by two year wty. Otherwise have been happy with it.
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 06:59 PM   #217
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
New project under way. Adding washer/dryer combo.

I ordered a one that was 21 in deep but the vendor shipped me an upgrade that is larger and is 24 in deep.

I decided to work with what i have. I had added a foot board to the nead to keep the mayres from moving and had to shorten it 2 in. I will send pictures of it later. I am still running the hoses and it is in the slide so I had to set up the slack and flex sections. Thatis done and i am running it around the back to hook into the plumbing.

Where i am putting it

Remove the cabinet and shelf.

Using one ofmthe doors for an upper cabinet

First set up the plumbing. Drain and water feed. Only running cold water and will add a "Y" to hook up both H and C.

Vent and shutoff valve. Hose adapter i will add a y adapter to.

Almost done.

I will post the finished product tomorrow.

Improvise, adapt and overcome... "Semper Fi"
TAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 08:57 PM   #218

Me and hubby totally remodeled our new MH when we bought it. Just posted a blog with before and after pics. You can see it here http://www.sofiatalvik.com/sofiastho...sign-magazine/

Took us about two weeks to rip everything out and put the new stuff in!
Old 02-11-2012, 11:13 PM   #219

Great thread. I am flush with new ideas.
Stnlss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 02:01 AM   #220

Friends with Rose Air have filler stairwell filler attached with hindge to door. Note they have a really cool retractable pocket screen door.
Stnlss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:04 AM   #221

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Nice Job TAZ!!
Old 02-12-2012, 09:44 AM   #222

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyEOD View Post
Improvement we have made to our 2006 Monaco Diplomat PDQ
Changed out 26 inch to a 32 inch Sony LED TV in cabin overhead.
Changed out 19 inch to a 32 inch Sony LED TV in Bedroom.
I added MoSat controller with automatic Winegard Skyline Satellite Ant. Pay as you go Dish Network Service.
Installed XM Receiver Head Mount and the antenna and hardwired to 12 volt source and audio out into Aux on back of stock radio. (Free)
Installed Sony Blue Ray Player (HDMI to Front TV only).
All coach windows tented very dark black by “Rally” vendor.
Installed a double stainless sliding rack in large cabinet under kitchen sink. I got this at Lowes about 120.00 bucks, it was a perfect fit and easy to install. Now we can uses all the space for pots/pans/toaster/hand mixer ect.
Replaced all Sink Faucets with Moen Faucets
Installed “Shark Bite” brass cut off valves on PEX Piping at each sink Faucets (I do not have a manifold system)
Installed “Shark Bite” brass cut off valves to replace cheesy valves on low point drain lines .
Installed Progressive Industries EMS-LCHW50 Protection System.
Reversed my electrical reel (Free)
Brass quick connectors to water hoses and inlets.
Added Extension Hoses to Water pump, they work to help with the noise.
Installed LED motion detector exterior Porch Light.
Installed Enternabond 6 inch “Seam Eliminator” over front and rear cap roof seams. Very clean look.
I secured 1 X 4 framing of compartment in bottom of slide tray. I use plastic milk crates and storage bins for storage and they each have their own slot to sit in. This keeps everything nice and tight.
Replaced the two factory shelves and installed two additional shelves in the washer dryer cabinet (No washer/dryer) we use this space for storage. I used 3/8 in oak cabinet grade plywood, added cross bracing to bottoms and stained all to match the cabinet.
Replaced cheesy door rollers and retaining brackets in closet door track with heavy duty nylon wheels with roller bearings. What a difference that made, no dragging and they do not fall out when you hit a bump.
Had custom exterior front shades made and snaps installed. Windshield, cockpit windows, entry door window, and wipers cover. Really keeps out the sun heat!
Repaired, cleaned, tightened, and secured all power and video cables for rear and side cameras. No more issues.
Tightened all connections in AC panels, then applied a drop of yellow sealer to each screw to prevent them from working lose. (The sealer will show a crack if it is lose)
Removed bottom factory straps and installed latches on fuel tank and water tank panels. (They are hinged at the top) This allows for additional storage over fuel tank and gives me easy access to the black/gray/fresh tank wiring and plumbing.
Re-sealed and “smoothed out” all duct work where it was connected to the HVAC roof units. Quite and better airflow now.
Re-worked furnace duct, removed 3 feet of access duct material and added vent covers that I can open and close. The duct work that supplied my bathroom and bedroom floor vents was kinked and all most blocked off when it was built. I have much better airflow now.
Sealed/Resealed every wire and water line chase I could find with a little expanding foam spray insulation.
Added “Pop Out” screens to Fantastic vents to replace the screw retained ones. Clean and replace in about 2 minutes each.
Lined the bottoms of upper storage cabinets with same “carpet material” used in higher end Monaco products. The cabinet guy at the old Monaco Service Center in Wildwood gave me about 2 yards of the material.
Installed Trik-L-Start between House and Coach Bats.
Added “drop down” post support to secure the bed in the raised position when I need to get into the storage area.
Added 110 outlets to side of bed box for the electric blanket, and a 110 outlet to side of bathroom vanity for space heater use. The heater will warm the bath and bedroom if I close the main cabin door. Both of these outlets are powered by the 15/20 amp outlet on the campground service pole.
Some things to do soon:
Add step well kick plates like Diplomat Don Did! Got them just need to do it.
Remove clean, re-seat, and seal with Enternabond tape the roof vents, waste vent and skylight. Waiting on spring!
Change out some interior lights to LED.
Add 1 or 2 LED exterior light on upper passenger side for lighting up the “entertaining area”. I can access through the wall above the microwave, but have not decided on how to run 12 volt or where to put the switch.
Replace stairwell lights fixtures with LED’s, I bought three of them from the boating section at Wally World, but have not installed them yet.
Run 12 volt LED rope lights behind window valances in living room. Wish I could tie all four to one switch. My current plan has each set with its own switch and the power feeding from the recessed slide ceiling lights.
Add shelf above rod in closet.
where did u buy the rope lights

thanks dave
Old 02-17-2012, 01:52 PM   #223

patio room

I have been working on this for a some time my new 5ver
has an electric awning my old 5ver had the manual awning,
the manual awning would support the patio room the electric
one will not unless you buy the carefree patio room for electric
awnings.
I wanted to use my patio room I had so I fabricated
two poles that would fit under the awning tube and support it
then screwed two closet rod holders to the trailer to hold the
patio room side panels to the trailer to awning tubes, the sides of the
patio room are held at the trailer with Velcro Velcro also used
to hold the skirt to seal under trailer
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	P2110115.JPG
Views:	183
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	17996   Click image for larger version

Name:	P2120117.JPG
Views:	175
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	17997  

Name:	P2120119.JPG
Views:	176
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	17998  
Old 02-17-2012, 01:59 PM   #224

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stCougar View Post
I have been working on this for a some time my new 5ver
has an electric awning my old 5ver had the manual awning,
the manual awning would support the patio room the electric
one will not unless you buy the carefree patio room for electric
awnings.
I wanted to use my patio room I had so I fabricated
two poles that would fit under the awning tube and support it
then screwed two closet rod holders to the trailer to hold the
patio room side panels to the trailer to awning tubes, the sides of the
patio room are held at the trailer with Velcro Velcro also used
to hold the skirt to seal under trailer
Totally great idea! I want one of those patio rooms, I think it would be a lot easier to let the dogs in and out of it than the coach when we are parked.....But alas, that too must wait till I get further down the road.....Of course, I want an electric awning too.....

Lincolnboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rvs