Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-05-2013, 01:35 PM   #463

Looks good Glenn!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-05-2013, 02:33 PM   #464

Tiffin Owners Club
Laminate flooring

Just laid laminate flooring in rig looks good. Now to get the trim and stairs done
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF3167.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	186.1 KB
ID:	34396   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF3168.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	257.0 KB
ID:	34397  

Name:	DSCF3169.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	216.0 KB
ID:	34398  
Old 03-05-2013, 03:13 PM   #465

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayjulia View Post
Just laid laminate flooring in rig looks good. Now to get the trim and stairs done
Great job! Looks fantastic!
Old 03-09-2013, 08:14 PM   #466

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUZN EDY View Post
I modified an old pop up trailer to a Chuckwagon/Bar. We camp with large groups of 10+ families and we decided to take turns cooking comunity meals. This way only one family needs to buy eggs and bacon and one buys burgers and buns, and the other dinner... You get the idea. Just seemed that we would throw away soooo much food after a long weekend. Also have a full bar set up for when the kids go to bed or when we take it tailgaitng. Cost around $4k for everything and i never have to cook in my rig or pack/unpack cooking utensils or tables etc. Everything cooking or driking related just stays in the trailer. Its worked out great the past few years and always turns heads at the busy campgrounds.

I posted a video on the pop-up section... http://www.irv2.com/forums/f83/conve...ml#post1060165

This makes me wish we had a Class A instead of a TH 5ver!
LadyFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:31 PM   #467

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFreedom View Post
This makes me wish we had a Class A instead of a TH 5ver!
I got tired of having to unload my sand rail just to have a place to sit down, so I bought a 32' A and a 20' enclosed. Now, when I get to the dunes, I can turn off the key and unload when I want.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:04 PM   #468

Brilliant! There is so many pop ups with bad canvas going for near free up here it's givin me a heck of an idea now ill have to see if the financial advisor ( DW ) will let me
Mitchyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:11 PM   #469

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntrsandman View Post
Replaced the bathroom faucet with a Moen residential unit. The OE faucet outlet was so close to the sink edge, it was nearly impossible to wash hands. New faucet raised and brought out the outlet. And it pivots.
Super easy mod! The plumbing for both faucets were identical. No additional parts or adapters needed. Took me 20 minutes including pressure test connections. Some systems may be different so check before you try this.
Where did you find that faucet? that is exactly what I want, as we have the same faucet in our 2012 FZ 305
LadyFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:55 PM   #470

Ford Super Duty Owner
Rear view camera

[QUOTE=TAZ;1050258]Dang ctpres.

I added a rear view camera, but I went with a wireless, 7" color screen, hooked it up to the running lights, so any time the light are on the camera works. Bought on E-Bay, $100.00 Works great,and NPO WIRES
rsw1943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:34 AM   #471

Tiffin Owners Club
Good Job !

[QUOTE=rsw1943;1491252]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
Dang ctpres.

I added a rear view camera, but I went with a wireless, 7" color screen, hooked it up to the running lights, so any time the light are on the camera works. Bought on E-Bay, $100.00 Works great,and NPO WIRES

I was thinking of replacing my rear view camera system as it is toast, would you care to share more information on what camera, what RV you have, how you mounted it etc. I would like to know a lot more so I can do the same thing if it will work with my rig a 28' class A
Old 03-11-2013, 03:12 PM   #472

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
[QUOTE=rsw1943;1491252]
Quote:
Dang ctpres.

Where? Is there another one? Pictures?

Thanks!
Old 03-21-2013, 04:22 PM   #473

Ford Super Duty Owner
Three mods

Toothbrush holder mod.
Yeh I know, slow day here at Zachary Taylor RV park, Lake Okeechobee FL. Seems there is a new compatibility or maybe conspiracy issue with the tooth brush and brush holder mfg‘s. Can’t seem to find brushes to fit our wall mounted holder. Thin brushes go all the way down till the bristles stop em. Others so fat and won’t even start. Solution - build up one edge of hole with some tub and tile calk. This is trial and error process. Add a dab, smooth with wet finger, dry and test fit. - add a bit more each time till brush stops where you want it. Picture shows same brand brush in normal and modified holes. $0.00 cost (I always have an open tube) and less than fifteen minutes - not counting dry time.

Storm door plastic holders
Tried several versions of screen hooks and clips. None stood the test of miles and windy days. Third time was the charm. Believe-it-or-not: Half inch plastic Romex staples. Cut one tab off with razor. Drill small hole for 3/8” screw using staple as guide and done. Cost under $2.00 and thirty minutes for 13 holders.

Solar screen storage
We have four store bought screens for front and seven home made screens for the rest of the windows and door. After almost a year of looking for the RIGHT storage place, I finally found it. The front overhead storage cabinets drop down below the top of the windshield. Nothing in that space but track for privacy curtain, more than enough room between track and cabinets for all eleven rolled up solar screens. Cut three inch piece of 4” thin wall PVC DWV pipe in half, drilled hole in top edge and used existing screws to secure. Picture show screens a little exposed/visible below the cabinets. As long as more miles of testing does not reveal a problem, I will eventually move the holders up about three inches higher. Cost $0.00 pipe left over from dump hose support and less than thirty minutes.

As usual - any questions? Note: running out of video space for posting so I need to minimize the number of pictures. But if not clear I can usually show more.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	P2120001.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	335.7 KB
ID:	35293   Click image for larger version

Name:	P2120003.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	224.4 KB
ID:	35294  

Name:	P2120004.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	415.5 KB
ID:	35295  
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:14 AM   #474

Quote:
Our mod adding a dish washer in place of the oven. Removed oven/stove top and purchased a new stove top only and oversized drawer dishwasher. Had to make minor modifications to support the unit.
I hope the Jewish princess don't see the posts with you guys putting dishwasher in you RVs I keep telling her no a dishwasher can not be put in an RV and here you are putting them in
Mike54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:38 AM   #475

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike54 View Post
I hope the Jewish princess don't see the posts with you guys putting dishwasher in you RVs I keep telling her no a dishwasher can not be put in an RV and here you are putting them in
Ours came with a factory installed dishwasher. We though it wouldn't get much use out of it and boy were we wrong.

A dishwasher is not as much to wash dishes as it is a place to hide them until you are ready to. Looks better than in the sink.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:44 AM   #476

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctpres View Post
Note: running out of video space for posting so I need to minimize the number of pictures. But if not clear I can usually show more.

Speaking of storage ... does anyone know how to delete pics once they are outdated ???

Tags
rvs