Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-22-2013, 06:14 PM   #505

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	2194
Size:	196.6 KB
ID:	37365
This is my favorite thing my DH has done.... I found the containers, he made the shelf... The dowel rod slides in to hold them in...... He has done other units in all of the other wasted space areas, i just havent taken photos yet. Thank you sweetie......
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-25-2013, 05:00 AM   #506

Ford Super Duty Owner
Wet Bay Mod

Already had Sewer Solutions, then added Camco Tornado tank rinser to the black tank. Gee this works pretty good so I put one on the gray tank. NOW I am up to three physical hose connections to get a dump done and I wanted to add shower hose for rinsing stuff off. Time for a MOD. Hopefully the picture explains it all. Material used: hose that came with the Tornado’s, the shower hose and wand left over from Oxygenics upgrade, a handful of on hand ½” emt clamps, one hose end cut-off valve, three nylon tee’s, a bunch of stainless 7/8” hose clamps, and four ½” >$5 brass gate valves from Ebay/China
Project notes:
Tornado instructions say to put on top center edge of tank at the opposite end from tank sensors - not possible and not even on top edge at sensor end. I had to install them close to the tank corner which meant they would miss a large part of tank and more importantly the sensors. My solution was to use the wedge/spacer that came in the kit - that angled/pointed the spray into the opposite corner and got some coverage for the tank sensors.
Getting ½” hose on the fittings was a real bear until I tried a dab of Dawn dish soap on the inside of hose and on the fitting. Still a hard go but much easier.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	P4170006.jpg
Views:	446
Size:	294.4 KB
ID:	39416  
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:52 AM   #507

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
New laundry hamper, dishwasher and ST

A non-RV owning friend asked me why I needed 2 sinks only 3 paces apart in my 25' MH. Of course I don't. So, while I was at the cabinet makers shop I asked him to cut a lid to replace small "bathroom" sink that was in the main room. I removed the sink, plumbing and shelf, leaving the countertop and doors. Now I have a laundry hamper. The lid is made from what was the dinette tabletop (matches the countertop) with a cabinet handle in the center. Think of a small child's wooden puzzle piece with a peg on it. That's the way the hamper lid fits into the counter now.

I also removed

Sorry no pictures. My iPad is not compatible with this forum when it comes to photos.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 02:37 AM   #508

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ooops, I didn't finish.

Sorry, the puppy stepped on the submit button.

I was adding that the cabinet maker also made an L-shaped lower storage cabinet with a built-in puppy and monkey proof trash bin that tips out. It is where the U-shaped dinette used to be. The flip-up countertop that used to be by the sink is now mounted on the table pedestal -- small but plenty for just me. I love the new Euro swivel recliner. It's much more comfortable than the dinette.

The 47" lower kitchen cabinet lost it's original 3 burner range/oven. I now cook on a portable induction cooktop. An open flame is just too dangerous when a monkey wants to "help" fix meals. I removed the vent hood and put an under cabinet toaster oven in that space. My favorite new toy is the single drawer dishwasher. Dishwashing - Fisher & Paykel Appliances It only uses 2 gallons of water per use -- much less than dishwashing by hand and more sanitary.

This started out being a project to replace the dinette with storage cabinets. But then those 4 very expensive little words, "While we're at it..." more than tripled the planned time frame, scope, and costs. But this is our full-time home and I am thrilled by the look and convenience added "while we were at it". I'm not sure I would have suffered thru a second remodeling so it's good to have it done and done right.

Now I need to dump about 200 pounds from the coach as the new cabinets are plywood and solid maple. What I took out was kindling by comparison.

I'm sorry for rambling on. This project delayed our Springtime journey to Seattle by 5 weeks. I finally finished all the plumbing and got the last of the mail order supplies today.

Tomorrow we head north!! After a stop at the Goodwill donation center and a tankful of gas.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 05-26-2013, 09:21 AM   #509

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club

Name:	image-2458327679.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	472.3 KB
ID:	39523

Thanks Les, AKA dogpatch for telling me how to post pics from my iPad. Here is the new laundry hamper. The white outline is temporary. It's the remnants of the putty that secured the sink.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 05-26-2013, 09:46 AM   #510

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Wow, OKMUNKY' what a nice setup. If we weren,t going to boondock so much, I'd love to do what you have. The hamper cabinet thing looks great.

By the way, take you pictures with your phone, email them to yourself, then download them to your gallery. Its easy to post them with your iPad then.

Again, nice job.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:05 AM   #511

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
A non-RV owning friend asked me why I needed 2 sinks only 3 paces apart in my 25' MH. Of course I don't. So, while I was at the cabinet makers shop I asked him to cut a lid to replace small "bathroom" sink that was in the main room. I removed the sink, plumbing and shelf, leaving the countertop and doors. Now I have a laundry hamper. The lid is made from what was the dinette tabletop (matches the countertop) with a cabinet handle in the center. Think of a small child's wooden puzzle piece with a peg on it. That's the way the hamper lid fits into the counter now.

I also removed

Sorry no pictures. My iPad is not compatible with this forum when it comes to photos.

I would like to know why my Sea Breeze has 2 water pump switches... both of which I can reach with out-stretched arms.

How many times have you had to pick up the lid that Sena threw to the floor?

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:14 AM   #512
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Attachment 39523

Thanks Les, AKA dogpatch for telling me how to post pics from my iPad. Here is the new laundry hamper. The white outline is temporary. It's the remnants of the putty that secured the sink.
You are welcome okmunky AKA Barb!

Nice to see some pics. How's about some other pics of your doin's?
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 11:36 PM   #513

Our new trailer (under 2 months old) only has the pass-through area for exterior storage. Our last trailer, despite being about 8' or so shorter, had an additional exterior compartment that was just large enough for all the dirty stuff like sewer fittings, chocks, levelling blocks, etc. We really miss that and found that just the new pass-through alone doesn't work all that great for us.

This is the most ambitious mod. I've done to date on this and our last TT. I've done a few straightforward ones on our new TT and will post them another time. 'Course, there'll definitely be more to come over time...

I ended up buying a trailer tongue box as in the photo. It fits the angle of the A-frame area perfectly between the frame members. In order for this to work, I have to relocate the battery (only one for us) elsewhere. After mulling it over for some time, I pulled the plywood off the forward side of the storage space to see what there was behind our fiberglass cap. You can see in the before pic how much space there is. I ended up building a 3-sided box in the center (11"Dx14"Wx15"H) for a sealed battery box. At the same time, I built some new storage space on either side of the battery spot. I also created a space to relocate the water pump to which is presently stuck on the rear side of the pass-through and has no enclosure, is vulnerable and takes up too much space.

The aluminum mesh doors swing down if needed to put things in or get them out easier. We now have 100' of potable water hose in there on one side that previously had no other place to go.

I'm presently am waiting for the sealed battery box c/w vent to arrive. It took a lot of digging to find a vent that is black.

The final phase of this project will be mounting the tongue box. I am not sure quite yet how I am going to reroute the LP gas hose and electrical wiring around the box.

The tongue weight on our trailer is on the high side at 14.5% of the total scaled trailer weight and I am hoping moving the battery rearward a couple of feet will help a wee bit. But the tongue box loaded up with stuff isn't going to be that light I guess.

ps: Nice to find this thread. But about 1.5 years after it started, I see that despite the suggestion in the beginning, there is no separate area for mods & upgrades. That's too bad because this is a great site otherwise.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	037 (800x779).jpg
Views:	270
Size:	458.5 KB
ID:	39595   Click image for larger version

Name:	003 (800x600).jpg
Views:	303
Size:	317.7 KB
ID:	39596  

Name:	022 (800x600).jpg
Views:	315
Size:	219.0 KB
ID:	39597   Click image for larger version

Name:	028 (800x600).jpg
Views:	348
Size:	189.1 KB
ID:	39598  

myredracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:39 AM   #514

Fleetwood Owners Club
First official Mod to our 2012 bounder 35k

Just found this thread...had posted these pictures to another one. Enjoying going over all the past mods....especially like it when there are pictures! Anyway, hubby built these drawers. Started packing for our vacation and found the dresser seriously lacking. This is much better!!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	244.3 KB
ID:	39604  
Old 05-27-2013, 08:07 AM   #515

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
I would like to know why my Sea Breeze has 2 water pump switches... both of which I can reach with out-stretched arms.

How many times have you had to pick up the lid that Sena threw to the floor?
Hmmm, it seems you have figured her out, Dunner, but the lid was made from the former table top and is probably too heavy. If she does manage to get it open and explore the inside compartment, I doubt she will bother it a second time. Too much work for no reward. There will be no food hidden beneath it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 05-27-2013, 08:17 AM   #516

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Here is the new lower kitchen cabinet. The large door on the upper right is the dishwasher. I replaced the cheap faucet with one that I could bungee the water off. Monkey proofing is MOST important where water is concerned. Sena loves to "wash" dishes but she refuses to turn off the water when she's done.

Name:	image-576771065.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	444.4 KB
ID:	39609
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 05-27-2013, 10:33 AM   #517

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
2003 Fleetwood Storm Sofa Swapout

Replaced the existing Jack Knife Sofa with a very nice Villa Fold Out Sleeper Sofa.......Thanks again Robert!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20130513_162906_344.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	207.1 KB
ID:	39613   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130513_162940_492.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	214.7 KB
ID:	39614  

Name:	IMG_20130527_104351_079.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	154.7 KB
ID:	39615   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130527_092754_839.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	202.6 KB
ID:	39616  

Name:	IMG_20130527_104425_883.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	180.4 KB
ID:	39617   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130527_104358_788.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	201.0 KB
ID:	39618  

Old 05-27-2013, 10:45 AM   #518
Moderator Emeritus

Looks great, Kent!! You should place an ad in the Classifieds to sell your old jack knife. We just ordered our La-z-boy replacement and it will be here in 8 weeks...yay!!

Tags
rvs