Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-05-2013, 10:47 AM   #533

Ford Super Duty Owner
Are You Sure Toad Brakes Working?

Light weight Jeep behind 10 ton coach - never can feel or tell if aux braking system is activating toad brakes. Finally got around to adding a strobe light, above rear view mirror, that is powered by wire to one brake light. Now I can can see strobe in rear view monitor every time brake pedal moves enough to activate brake light. The part in my hand is what the the strobe looks like on the other side of the board. Cost under $10 and 3 or 4 hours to put together.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P4290004.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	162.0 KB
ID:	40152  
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-06-2013, 01:50 AM   #534

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey Suzie,

Do you loan Chuck to other RVers? He sure sounds like one heck of a handy guy. You are one lucky lady
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:24 AM   #535

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Hey Suzie,

Do you loan Chuck to other RVers? He sure sounds like one heck of a handy guy. You are one lucky lady
No loaner, he's all mine & what a wonderful man indeed. He is one of a kind.
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:27 AM   #536

After months of work, I have finally finished renovations to my 88/89 HR Imperial. Took me a lot longer than it should have due to arthritis in my lower back and neck, but I'm FINISHED!

I painted the interior end to end. A kind of ocean blue. My counter top is the color of wet sand, so I picked a tile for the backslpash that resembles the shell fragments and pebbles at the edge of the
wave as it washes up on the sand.

I built a small nightstand for the bedroom and a small bookrack and attached it to the closet wall.

I took out the inoperable icemaker and replaced it with an open cabinet w/sliding shelf. The shelf holds a portable icemaker.

Next, out with the old in-dash tv. Replaced it with a cabinet with one small drawer inside and a rack on the outside for cellphones, etc. Hole in the back of the rack for phone charger cord that plugs into the old tv's receptacle.

The last thing was replacing the Dometic fridge with an Avanti residential model. It was almost a perfect fit but I still had to add some trim to fill it out. I put in some eyebolts so I could secure the doors while moving.

Attached Thumbnails

I painted the interior end to end. A kind of ocean blue. My counter top is the color of wet sand, so I picked a tile for the backslpash that resembles the shell fragments and pebbles at the edge of the
wave as it washes up on the sand.

I built a small nightstand for the bedroom and a small bookrack and attached it to the closet wall.

I took out the inoperable icemaker and replaced it with an open cabinet w/sliding shelf. The shelf holds a portable icemaker.

Next, out with the old in-dash tv. Replaced it with a cabinet with one small drawer inside and a rack on the outside for cellphones, etc. Hole in the back of the rack for phone charger cord that plugs into the old tv's receptacle.

The last thing was replacing the Dometic fridge with an Avanti residential model. It was almost a perfect fit but I still had to add some trim to fill it out. I put in some eyebolts so I could secure the doors while moving.

Attached Thumbnails

Randy1252
1988 Holiday Rambler Imperial 35 ft.
Randy1252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 07:43 AM   #537

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Wow Randy! Way COOL!

Great job! Great Pictures!

I see that portable Koldfront ice maker you have, I almost bought one the other day on Amazon for 139.00 but didn't. I wanted to do some more inquiring on it before I order it.

How do you like it?

http://www.compactappliance.com/Kold...FQHl7AodZ0IAqQ

Wow, I see today it is down to 132.00 plus free shipping....hmmmm
Old 06-06-2013, 09:35 PM   #538

Damon Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctpres View Post
Light weight Jeep behind 10 ton coach - never can feel or tell if aux braking system is activating toad brakes. Finally got around to adding a strobe light, above rear view mirror, that is powered by wire to one brake light. Now I can can see strobe in rear view monitor every time brake pedal moves enough to activate brake light. The part in my hand is what the the strobe looks like on the other side of the board. Cost under $10 and 3 or 4 hours to put together.
Great idea. I am soooooo stealing this as a summer project while I'm stuck in New Braunfels the next few weeks.

I will, of course, give you 100% creative credit!
Old 06-07-2013, 06:52 AM   #539

Fleetwood Owners Club
Randy, great job!!! It's obvious you have great skill. Now to enjoy your finished project!
Old 06-07-2013, 11:20 AM   #540

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctpres View Post

Sure beats wiring the brake circuit into the horn circuit !!
Old 06-07-2013, 03:44 PM   #541

Fleetwood Owners Club
Filled up main battery with distilled water. Took 16oz. No wonder it was a tough start. Used the trickle charger for 2 days and its back to full power. Also filled both house batteries. Ordered a new black rubber seal that is under the slide out.
Acm210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:24 PM   #542

Thanks for info on Refrigerator Door Panel Replacements

Okay, thanks to your responses, I was able to figure out how to remove the door inserts. Unfortunately, it was silver on the back side as well. Thank you for all of the great ideas on refinishing/making over the existing panels! Went to price replacement panels and found out that they will roughly be around $70. Leaning in that direction for the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74foxx View Post
Hi Everyone,

Has anyone ever replaced their refrigerator door panels with another colored panel or just covered the existing panels with contact paper?
Secondly, if you have crossed this road before, how do you remove the panels?

Currently, our Sightseer has a Norcold N611 refrigerator with the gray "stainless steel" look door panels. Since both the microwave and stove are black, I'd like to change the color of the refrigerator to black or find a wood grain panel or that would closely match the wood. I would also entertain the idea of just covering the existing panels with appliance grade contact paper.

Any insight, ideas and direction is greatly and most humbly appreciated!!
74foxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:33 AM   #543
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 74foxx View Post
Okay, thanks to your responses, I was able to figure out how to remove the door inserts. Unfortunately, it was silver on the back side as well. Thank you for all of the great ideas on refinishing/making over the existing panels! Went to price replacement panels and found out that they will roughly be around $70. Leaning in that direction for the moment.
I'd go the panel purchase route. It would be a factory finish and it would easily cost that for an auto body shop to paint them.
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:30 AM   #544

GREAT job Randy. Can I call you for my next projects?
Flacamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:20 PM   #545

Freightliner Owners Club
Overland Owners Club
Re-worked our walk-in closet.
Had 3 rods - one across the back at top and 2 down the side, stacked.
Removed the 2 side rods and installed full-height shelves.
Now stuff we had in short closets beside the bed (in stackable baskets) can go in the big closet and we have the side closets for hanging clothes, again.

Store-bought shelves, the kind you put together. Had to cut the top one down 1" to get it to fit in. All screwed to walls and secured.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	closet.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	202.4 KB
ID:	40493  
Cougarkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:17 AM   #546

Ford Super Duty Owner
Behind couch storage

Always looking for new places to put things. We tried to put bedding for hide-a-bed under it but there was only room for sheets. Putting things between back of couch and wall didn’t work as items on floor beyond arms reach. Solution - shelf half way down.
While looking for the right piece of wood I stumbled across some netting that was ordered for another project. Hooks on wall and tywraped to couch frame. Added rope along wall edge to reduce number of hooks needed. Material cost under $10 and less than one hour to install.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	P5050002.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	279.6 KB
ID:	40524  

Tags
rvs