Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-19-2013, 09:32 PM   #617

The bed frame is a nice touch to make it look more SB, and less like RV.
charliej is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-20-2013, 04:26 AM   #618

Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Like the white. It makes it feel like there is more room inside. Good job.
RedWing Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:37 AM   #619

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJoanFLA View Post
Here are the last pictures for now. Will post final when we decide what lamps we want and a few other things.
Lots of work Bob & Joan!

You did a great job!! Keep the pics coming!

Thanks for sharing!

Old 10-25-2013, 08:52 AM   #620

Leather wrapped steering wheel and AC Unit

It's to bad that work gets in the way of my RVing pleasure, but I did have time to score a leather wrapped steering wheel on _bay. Hard to find as they are specific to heavy truck and larger RVs. It's the same one used on the American Coach Eagle.

If there is an up-side to having a roof top air conditioner fail, I suppose this is it. My 13.5K rear unit failed so I decided to upgrade to a 15K heat pump. The latest Coleman units are quieter, put out more cold air and are 4" shorter. I moved the old 15K front unit to the rear and installed the new heat pump in the front. I could not test it properly as the temps were at 32*f and the heat pump wouldn't even come on. Pretty much a "plug and play" installation. Looking forward to a couple of months in Florida this year!

Dave
07 Revolution
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RV AC Unit.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	174.9 KB
ID:	48527  
Sportech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:59 AM   #621

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportech View Post
It's to bad that work gets in the way of my RVing pleasure, but I did have time to score a leather wrapped steering wheel on _bay. Hard to find as they are specific to heavy truck and larger RVs. It's the same one used on the American Coach Eagle.

If there is an up-side to having a roof top air conditioner fail, I suppose this is it. My 13.5K rear unit failed so I decided to upgrade to a 15K heat pump. The latest Coleman units are quieter, put out more cold air and are 4" shorter. I moved the old 15K front unit to the rear and installed the new heat pump in the front. I could not test it properly as the temps were at 32*f and the heat pump wouldn't even come on. Pretty much a "plug and play" installation. Looking forward to a couple of months in Florida this year!

Dave
07 Revolution
Dave when I first looked at the pic I thought you had dual air units in the aft portion! I was like...."wow how did he do that" Then I realized it was a vent cover not another A/C unit next to it.

Nice job, those newer Coleman's are so nice! Less power consumption, more cooling, it's all good, except the extra bucks, but like everything, we get what we pay for.

Good job Dave!!
Old 10-25-2013, 12:55 PM   #622

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincolnboy2 View Post
Dave when I first looked at the pic I thought you had dual air units in the aft portion! I was like...."wow how did he do that" Then I realized it was a vent cover not another A/C unit next to it.

Nice job, those newer Coleman's are so nice! Less power consumption, more cooling, it's all good, except the extra bucks, but like everything, we get what we pay for.

Good job Dave!!

I was wondering why a little Xmas tree was on the roof !!
Old 10-25-2013, 01:18 PM   #623

Lincolnboy2,

There is actually 2 AC units in the rear! I was able to get the new unit up the ladder but the old one was about 20# heavier and I didn't want to chance it by myself. I'll have to wait for some help.

Dave
Old 10-25-2013, 06:40 PM   #624
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportech View Post

Dave
07 Revolution
Good job! Did you have to change out your thermostat, too? Our dual thermostat doesn't have a heat option for our front unit because we only have a heat pump on the rear.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:55 PM   #625

My thermostat is a RV Comfort ZC which can control up to 4 heat pumps. I hope it works as described!

Dave
07 Revolution
Old 10-25-2013, 09:09 PM   #626
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
...Our dual thermostat doesn't have a heat option for our front unit because we only have a heat pump on the rear.
Well that sucks. We've got heat pumps for both front & rear. I wonder if they didn't give you a heat pump up front because you have the fireplace?

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:41 PM   #627

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Cheap RV LED Light Bulbs

My apologies if this has already been posted I've only read the first 20 pages of this thread. I replaced all of my interior light bulbs with LEDs. The newer ones are a much better color than the first ones I tried. AND, these are NOT the flat plate style. They look like the old incandescents when lit.

At $1 each you can't bet the price or the battery power they save.

Nice! Wholesale 20X T10 Warm White 28 SMD LED Wedge Light Bulb Lamp 12V for Car RV Light, Free Shipping-in LED Bulbs & Tubes from Lights & Lighting on Aliexpress.com

They take 2-3 weeks to arrive, and the only problem I had was they sent them to my billing address in SD and I'm in WA now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:16 PM   #628

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
I replaced all of my interior light bulbs with LEDs. The newer ones are a much better color than the first ones I tried. AND, these are NOT the flat plate style. They look like the old incandescents when lit.

Nice! Wholesale 20X T10 Warm White 28 SMD LED Wedge Light Bulb Lamp 12V for Car RV Light, Free Shipping-in LED Bulbs & Tubes from Lights & Lighting on Aliexpress.com

They take 2-3 weeks to arrive, and the only problem I had was they sent them to my billing address in SD and I'm in WA now.
They're called SMD (Surface Mount Diodes). I've used the 48 SMD flat panels with good results. They seem to put the light out in a broad direction and not waste it on the brush metal or white plastic reflectors. I tried chrome tape on my 5er reflectors and it helped with the 1156 round style. The early 1156 replacements, were a bunch of single round diodes that had a high failure rate. They would go out or flicker one at a time. I get mine off of Ebay for really good prices. Like you, it takes a 10-14 day to get here, but you can't beat the price.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:34 AM   #629
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
My apologies if this has already been posted I've only read the first 20 pages of this thread. I replaced all of my interior light bulbs with LEDs. The newer ones are a much better color than the first ones I tried. AND, these are NOT the flat plate style. They look like the old incandescents when lit.

Thanks, Barb. I will be interested to know how well these work, and how long they last.
Old 12-07-2013, 03:48 PM   #630

Well I finally got around to mounting my 55" TV on the side of the MH for my evening viewing pleasure

The goal was to install it without modifying the exterior with holes or other visible modifications that could not be undone. In other words if I sell I dont want any evidence it was ever there.

Luckily my refrigerator access panel is in the approximate area where I wanted it mounted so that was where I started. I ended up installing some hidden steel supports inside the refrigerator access panel and removing the black locking thingies and installing my bracket through the holes in the existing refrigerator cover. If I ever need to undo it I just remove the screws and re-install the black thingies. No one will ever be the wiser

I expect to have the bracket powder coated to white or something close to the RV color. For now it's black I intend on leaving the bracket installed all the time and just hang the TV on it when desired

Happy camping
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC_1659a.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	395.1 KB
ID:	51515   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC1658a.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	358.2 KB
ID:	51516