Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-07-2013, 06:26 PM   #631

Looks great..........but be aware of the heat the furnace gives off to the outside!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-07-2013, 09:27 PM   #632

Hey not gonna be one to criticize but it looks to me that it's a long walk around the RV to grab a beer wouldn't it have been better to mount it on the passenger side?
Mitchyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 09:40 PM   #633

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchyb View Post
Hey not gonna be one to criticize but it looks to me that it's a long walk around the RV to grab a beer wouldn't it have been better to mount it on the passenger side?
See that window? Hey, DW, give me a beer! Yeah, that will work. I know if I said it, I'd hear: "Get it yourself", even though I would get her one if asked.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 10:00 PM   #634
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
You probably had too many beers already! It is on the passenger side! LOL
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 10:21 PM   #635

Egg on my face!! Well my friend well played! This what happens when you try to look at pic after a bottle of wine! Please accept my apologies very creative
Mitchyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 10:25 PM   #636
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Egg on my face!! Well my friend well played! This what happens when you try to look at pic after a bottle of wine! Please accept my apologies very creative
Been there done that Mitchyb!
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 07:27 AM   #637

Aw come on.... Don't you like to hang with the neighbors on the other side They get to watch your TV and you get to drink their beers!

Seriously though, it's on the passenger side Photo looks aft.

I'm well aware of the heater's output. I doubt it will be a hot enough spot to matter plus if its so cold outside I need the heat I doubt the TV will be in place, I'll be watching it nice and toasty inside.
Fl_Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 07:34 PM   #638

Wireless lights

I installed a four channel remote control so that I could turn on and off lights from anywhere inside or outside (within 100'). My primary intention was to be able to turn on the patio light from the bedroom or if coming back after dark, so that's hooked up to the first output. The ceiling lights take up outputs 2-4. We had this on our boat and it was handy being able to come back at night (especially if we didn't have a flashlight with us) or to be able to turn on lots of lights from bed if we had too.
Bruadair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:33 PM   #639

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Bruadair,

That's a great addition to any RV. Do you come in the box to help me understand how to make all the proper connections?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:55 PM   #640

I'll try my best to explain though I'm not always good with words. It really is very easy to install.

I got lucky because all four switches are located at the same location (same cabinet). The black box requires 12 vdc I was able to tap into the live power wire on one switch using a piggy back connector, I used the same connector on a lighted switch to tap into the ground. The box has four output wires that provide 12 vdc, I ran each wire to each of the 4 light switches and made the connection using more piggy back connectors. These have to be made on the light fixture side of the switch. It too more time to get to the back of the switches than it did to make the electrical connections. Now I can sit on the couch and turn off selected lights when watching a tv, or turn on a light in case I need to raid the fridge in the middle of the night, or (the primary reason) turn on lights for security purposes or when coming home too late at night.

Hope that made sense.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:37 PM   #641

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I think I can follow that when I can get all of the parts and pieces assembled. Do the lights work as they did before, or do they now only switch on and off with the remote?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 12:05 AM   #642

Hi Barb,

The lights will continue to work as they were, with the switch on the wall. So now you'll have two ways to turn them on and off. The only downside is the unit comes with only one remote, wish it came with two. But for $30 I'm not complaining.
Old 12-09-2013, 01:25 AM   #643

I should add that if you use the wall switch to turn on the light (or whatever device) you'll have to use the same switch to turn it off, likewise if you use the remote to turn on the light you'll have to use the remote to turn it off.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:46 PM   #644

Window Treatment

Here is some pictures of the changes I made to our window treatment.

These pictures happen to be in our bedroom but I did the same all through the MH.

I added red suede to the existing grey window cover/boarders. Wasn't very difficult to do and not too expensive. Makes a dramatic difference and complements the other items (red bedspread, floor rugs, etc)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7460.jpg resize.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	51777   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7455.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	254.0 KB
ID:	51778  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7457.jpg