Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-10-2013, 05:12 PM   #645

Quote:
Originally Posted by sctdixon View Post
Here is some pictures of the changes I made to our window treatment. These pictures happen to be in our bedroom but I did the same all through the MH. I added red suede to the existing grey window cover/boarders. Wasn't very difficult to do and not too expensive. Makes a dramatic difference and complements the other items (red bedspread, floor rugs, etc)
. Any tips on the process? That's on my to-do list
charliej is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-11-2013, 07:35 AM   #646

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliej View Post
. Any tips on the process? That's on my to-do list

It's not too difficult, the hardest part was getting the screws out to remove the complete window cover box trim thingy (sorry, don't know what the real name of it is)...

Keep in mind, this is a 2008 Revolution and yours maybe different.

- I removed the window cover with the day/night blinds intact as they attach to this window box.
- Removed the day/night shades.
- The trim piece I changed color is held on by scews from the back side and possible some staples at the back edges. Remove them.
- I laid the piece on the table and cut the new material to oversize.
- Sprayed 3M Adhesive (outside) on both the trim piece and back side of the material.
- Let both pieces dry until real tacky (10 mins).
- Carefully lay the trim piece on the material and smooth out any wrinkles.
- Wrap material around the back side and secure with a staple gun. I use a Arrow brand staple gun I got at Home Depot.
- You will need to make "relief" cuts at corners and curved areas to fit the material without kinks or wrinkles.
- Reassemble with the screws. The staples that held the ends, I did not need to use.
- Reinstall the window shades to the window box.
- Reinstall window box to wall.

- The biggest hassle or trick is to prevent getting glue on the "clean" side of the material when your handling everything.
- We got our material from JoAnns Fabric store. They are everywhere, all over the US.

I also took the opportunity to replace the cords in the day/night shades. I've had some break recently so I just replaced them all as I did the window trim change.
sctdixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:23 AM   #647

Quote:
Originally Posted by sctdixon View Post
It's not too difficult, the hardest part was getting the screws out to remove the complete window cover box trim thingy (sorry, don't know what the real name of it is)... Keep in mind, this is a 2008 Revolution and yours maybe different. - I removed the window cover with the day/night blinds intact as they attach to this window box. - Removed the day/night shades. - The trim piece I changed color is held on by scews from the back side and possible some staples at the back edges. Remove them. - I laid the piece on the table and cut the new material to oversize. - Sprayed 3M Adhesive (outside) on both the trim piece and back side of the material. - Let both pieces dry until real tacky (10 mins). - Carefully lay the trim piece on the material and smooth out any wrinkles. - Wrap material around the back side and secure with a staple gun. I use a Arrow brand staple gun I got at Home Depot. - You will need to make "relief" cuts at corners and curved areas to fit the material without kinks or wrinkles. - Reassemble with the screws. The staples that held the ends, I did not need to use. - Reinstall the window shades to the window box. - Reinstall window box to wall. - The biggest hassle or trick is to prevent getting glue on the "clean" side of the material when your handling everything. - We got our material from JoAnns Fabric store. They are everywhere, all over the US. I also took the opportunity to replace the cords in the day/night shades. I've had some break recently so I just replaced them all as I did the window trim change.
. Thanks
charliej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:46 AM   #648

Nice work on the window treatments, sctdixon. I think that Fleetwood/American Coachs are designed to be bland so not to offend the majority of customers and leave it to the more creative types to customize to taste!

Dave
2007 40E Revolution
Highly customized
Sportech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 06:26 PM   #649

Did a little update to the back splash in our Bounder. Used the peel and stick tile from Lowes.

I think it came out pretty good.

We plan on doing something similar to teh bathroom and shower area as well.

I cant find a before picture of my rig but this is basically the same that I stole from the web.

Here is the after:

Old 12-28-2013, 06:52 PM   #650

Looks great! Nice job
Old 12-30-2013, 07:57 AM   #651

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by drakethib View Post
Did a little update to the back splash in our Bounder. Used the peel and stick tile from Lowes.

I think it came out pretty good.

We plan on doing something similar to teh bathroom and shower area as well.

I cant find a before picture of my rig but this is basically the same that I stole from the web.

Here is the after:

Great job! Nice looking! That's on my wish list for mine too!

Old 12-30-2013, 08:38 PM   #652

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincolnboy2 View Post
Great job! Nice looking! That's on my wish list for mine too!

Don't let DW see this or I will be busy!!
stink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 10:15 AM   #653
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by stink View Post
Don't let DW see this or I will be busy!!

In our case, I'm the DW & have already put this simple upgrade on DH's honey-do list.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:29 AM   #654

So we finally got around to doing the floor we've been planning for 6 months or so, Ernie can probably attest to that with all the emails! We decided to go a different route in our install. The original floor had porcelin tile in the entry, in front of the kitchen and into the bath/shower/toilet area with carpet everywhere else. We couldn't stand the tile in the kitchen or the carpet color. The entry was dull and worn looking.

So we demo'd the entry, the kitchen tile and the carpet. The original plan was to glue engineed wood down to the original OSB floor butting to the tile in the bath doorway but after pulling the first tile i realized that wasn't going to work as the porselin was set motared to hardy board which was motared to the osb, roughly 3/4" thick! I decided that i'd rather have a clean transition in the doorway and deal with height everywhere else so i laid down some 1/4" hardy for the engineeded wood then glued to that. That worked well as the carpet guy was able to use 6lb pad along with the 37oz face weight carpet to get a nice wood-to-carpet transition. Slide works perfect with no issues and the carpet is super plush. We wanted the best of both worlds so we split the salon with wood and carpet, works well and looks rich.

The entry was a bit of a pain as the factory used some super nasty green glue that doesnt dry and was a real pain to remove. Added new treads and nosing to compliment and faced the stairs with the wood as well. Overall we're real happy. Here's some pics of the job, the entry isn't totally finished but you get the drift. I wanted to use stairnose as Ernie does but due to the tile height it couldn't be done so i had to impovise, oh well.

So while i'm at it a big thanks to Ernie for answering all my questions!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20131221_132344_resized.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	330.1 KB
ID:	53094   Click image for larger version

Name:	20131221_132454_resized.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	296.8 KB
ID:	53095  

Name:	20131222_155546_resized_1.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	294.4 KB
ID:	53096   Click image for larger version

Name:	20131222_155815_resized_1.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	260.4 KB
ID:	53097  

Razzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:30 AM   #655

And here's the rest of them ...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20131222_155558_resized_1.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	337.8 KB
ID:	53098   Click image for larger version

Name:	20131222_155618_resized_1.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	266.1 KB
ID:	53099  

Name:	20131221_132415_resized.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	268.2 KB
ID:	53100  
Razzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:40 AM   #656

Monaco Owners Club
That looks awesome.. good job there. Ernie is a fantastic source of professional advice. I'm in the middle of a similar project.. except I'm getting rid of all ceramic tile and going with wood -- actually LVT that looks like wood. Thanks for the photos - gives me encouragement.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:55 AM   #657
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Great job! I'm getting all kinds of ideas reading this thread.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 03:12 PM   #658

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Great Job Razzman! Excellent Photos!

Tags
rvs