Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-11-2014, 09:56 AM   #673

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Do they have to be removed? There is a space between the fascia and the slide seals I'll bet those lights fit in and don't have to be removed....? Or not.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2014, 01:20 PM   #674

Send a message via AIM to VAGABOND JIM
Drop Leaf Table & Locks/Security

Bought a butcherblock kitchen table off craigslist for $20 and added this dropleaf to the side of the kitchen counter. The roll around basket fits conviently under it as another work surface but I will entertain any ideas for a leg from the far end to support whatever weight I'll place on it. The roll around will more often be used nearer the stove.
VAGABOND JIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 03:09 PM   #675

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAGABOND JIM View Post
Bought a butcherblock kitchen table off craigslist for $20 and added this dropleaf to the side of the kitchen counter. The roll around basket fits conviently under it as another work surface but I will entertain any ideas for a leg from the far end to support whatever weight I'll place on it. The roll around will more often be used nearer the stove.
Jim, show us a picture!
Old 02-11-2014, 04:01 PM   #676

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Tried searching these terms but???

I "Wild" camp a lot and drive off on the motorcycle or toad for the day. The drivers door is bolted from the inside and main entry has pretty good security. The basement locks however would pop open easily with a screwdriver so I'd like to ask any of you that have ideas or done something to secure yours to give me a shout back.

Thanks
Vagabond Jim
Can you hear me? I'm screaming! I chose one but it did not post.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:06 PM   #677

Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell5 View Post
Fireplace install. My first RV project.

Bugger... When did you say you were going to finish mine?

VERY nice job....
thrushl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 06:11 PM   #678

butcher block tables

Try the picture thing again.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:16 PM   #679

butcher block tables

OK, what am I doing wrong? I choose the picture and click enter. The file name appears below and I send. ?????
Old 02-11-2014, 08:36 PM   #680
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
There are a number of ways to insert a photo in a post:
How to add photos to a post
Click Quick Reply and scroll down to bottom of text box.
Click Go Advanced, add text to message window and then scroll down.
Click Manage Attachments. A separate window will pop up.
Click Browse... then select the file to be uploaded. Be sure that the photo is appropriately sized. 620 x 620 pixels (or smaller) and no more than 100K. Forums software will automatically reduce the size, but smaller size photos will upload much faster. You may select several photos to upload at the same time by repeating the last step.
Click Upload. After pics have loaded, close the pop-up window.
Click Submit Reply to post the text of your message - photos will automatically appear at the bottom of your post.
You can also:
Click Post Reply or, if starting a new thread, click New Thread
Click on the paperclip symbol in the top row of the message box. A separate window will pop up.
Click Browse...then select the file to be uploaded. Be sure that the photo is appropriately sized. 620 x 620 pixels (or smaller) and no more than 100K. Forums software will automatically reduce the size, but smaller size photos will upload much faster. You may select several photos to upload at the same time by repeating the last step.
Click Upload. After pics have loaded, close the pop-up window.
Click Submit Reply (if you are replying) or Submit New Thread (if a new discussion) to post the text of your message - photos will automatically appear at the bottom of your post.
About attachment storage limits

When you upload a copy of an image file (or other attachment) it is stored on our servers. There are some restrictions on how much data can be stored.

Registered members are limited to 50 MB of attachment storage for items posted to threads and posts and 100 MB for files posted to the photo gallery. We highly recommend that you reduce file sizes before uploading them to posts and threads.

Contributing members have unlimited attachment storage for threads and posts. A contributing membership is an annual commitment. If a contributing membership reverts to a standard account, loaded images will still remain, but if you have exceeded the storage limits of a standard member account (50 MB), you may be unable to load more attachments. And remember ... all images loaded to posts (regardless of your membership status) must meet the size requirement above. If they are larger, they will fail to load.

How to embed an image stored on another site:
You can do this by using image tags. Upload the image to a service like imageshack and then copy the URL of the image and put that between [IMG] tags. That will work well, as long as the host site stays in business and doesn't disable your image for overuse of bandwidth etc.

You can also paste in the location of a photo stored here in a photo gallery.

To do this: Paste the url of the image from our photo gallery into your post. Then add the following code on either side of the url (with no extra spaces):

[IMG]url here[/IMG]

The image will appear where the url was in your text.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:43 PM   #681

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
OK, what am I doing wrong? I choose the picture and click enter. The file name appears below and I send. ?????
If you are trying to upload a photo from your computer .. this forum does not support that. You have provide a URL to the photo. Your images have to be hosted either on this forum, in the photos area, or by another service like picassa, photobucket, etc .. or from your own website.

We link all photos from our own website - Our RV Journey | RV Travels with our 2 Labradors - but that's just us -- we own/operate a web hosting/email services company so linking from our website is not a problem.

If you're looking for a GREAT place to host your personal travel blog, PM me and we can chat.
2Labs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:00 PM   #682
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Labs View Post
If you are trying to upload a photo from your computer .. this forum does not support that. .
I'm sorry, 2Labs, that is completely incorrect. In either the Go Advanced or Paperclip options I previously mentioned, a manage attachments box will pop up. You browse your computer for a photo, click Upload & it will appear at the bottom of your post. As shown below.

Lori-

On edit, I guess I need to make that photo a Mod, since that's the topic of this thread. Photo changed...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1671 - Copy.JPG
Views:	211
Size:	185.5 KB
ID:	55938  
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:06 PM   #683

Thor Owners Club
Happy Jack mods Installed Led lighting
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	100_0609.JPG
Views:	225
Size:	379.8 KB
ID:	55936   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0612 - Copy.JPG
Views:	239
Size:	340.7 KB
ID:	55937  

eightydid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 10:48 PM   #684

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
I'm sorry, 2Labs, that is completely incorrect. In either the Go Advanced or Paperclip options I previously mentioned, a manage attachments box will pop up. You browse your computer for a photo, click Upload & it will appear at the bottom of your post. As shown below.

Lori-

On edit, I guess I need to make that photo a Mod, since that's the topic of this thread. Photo changed...
Ok so my bad ... never tried to use the attachments icon. So that explains why other users say they can only upload 4 photos at a time

In any case, here some photos of the snowstorm we had last week ... I cleared about 600' of driveway in 1.5 hours with our 28" Ariens snowthrower ... photos included as an attachment vs a link to a photo from our website.

BTW .. the car trailer and the pop-up in the 3rd photo are at about the 1/2 way point of our driveway -- and it's all downhill at that point

Maybe this can be considered a modification ... it's a modification to my RV's driveway after the last storm
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2014-02-05 13.05.15.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	205.9 KB
ID:	55944   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-02-05 13.05.25.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	153.2 KB
ID:	55945  

Name:	2014-02-05 13.05.35.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	162.4 KB
ID:	55946   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-02-05 13.06.33.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	255.5 KB
ID:	55947  

2Labs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 12:04 PM   #685

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Looks great, we are discussing doingthe same thing....you probably answered our questions...
FMCA F438950
AUPOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 01:19 AM   #686

got tired of the old headlamp switch and went to this

Name:	headlampsw.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	235.0 KB
ID:	56039
stink is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rvs