Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-30-2014, 11:39 AM   #701
Moderator Emeritus

Finally installed our 360 Syphon Vent caps on gray and black water vent pipes. Last summer we allowed our p-traps to dry out in storage and pewwwwwww, I never want to smell THAT again. Hope these work as advertised!! (And now we ALWAYS run water into the p-traps every month when we exercise the generator.)

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2014, 06:16 AM   #702

Added a panel with volt meter, 2 USB power ports, 12 volt plug, adapter plate for the other connections on the main TV. Also back lit the central panel for the power control.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20140331_081206.png
Views:	290
Size:	455.3 KB
ID:	59553   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20140331_081329.png
Views:	303
Size:	573.4 KB
ID:	59554  

Old 04-03-2014, 11:05 AM   #703

I want to post to this thread, as much as anything, to get all the mods in one place. We bought an 07 Jayco 36RLTS three years ago from friends. They also sold us the F350 dually that pulls it. We got a good deal compared to NADA, etc. Since then I have added a hitch receiver for the bike rack to the pin box.
I changed both CRT TV's for flat screens and modded the bedroom one to fit in the covering door like a picture frame. The main one, I filled in the box with the slide and put a mount on the outside of the door. Wasn't sure about that one, but it has weathered some pretty bumpy roads without issue.
I changed the toilet for one with a bowl shape I liked better. Changed the shower head for an oxygenetics. Added a "secret compartment" for valuables not under the bed in the factory "safe". Changed the kitchen spray nozzle for a new one (second of two "Opps" from winter). Replaced the RV antenna and the crank twice (first of two "Opps").
Added shelves above the rear window, above the sink, pull-out in the pantry next to refer, and storage above the "Hall closet" (ours looks like a clock in mirror). Replaced the 5 n 1 stereo because the old one started sounding static. Had to replace the dinette slide motor for not functioning (that was a real doozy) and removed two of the four table chairs and turned the table 90 degrees.
Replaced both hide-a-bed and recliners with loveseats. Added a nice big foot-stool (Ottoman, to some). Added a 2300 watt inverter and associated safety duds like fuse, switch, etc. Replaced water pump for a failed one, from winter I think, but not this one. Added shelves to the front basement bay for organized totes.
Replaced useless manual vent above kitchen with a Maxxair power intake/exhaust 10 speed fan that can be open in the rain. Replaced lots of halogen with LED. Replaced a leaking black tank valve with new (pheeewwwww Don't want to do that again!). Replaced 7 yr old G614's with new (Ouch!). And added a post-it board/key rack inside the door.

Hardest was the black tank valve, and the old one had a golf ball sized wad of paper blocking the gate. No way to get it out, though. Next was the spray nozzle for the kitchen sink, as I couldn't fit any part of my body under the sink, nor could I see anything without a mirror. Most of these mods were fixes, but some to correct deficiencies (My wife and I still agree to disagree about what is a deficiency!)
Thanks for letting me post. Happy Trails!!
oldtrojan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:08 PM   #704

I will try to add photos:

Old 04-03-2014, 12:14 PM   #705

Okay, now that I figured that out...:

pic of the slide motor I took out. Got salvage one from Walt's Surplus in California.

Old 04-03-2014, 12:15 PM   #706

Looks like you rebuilt the thing oldtrojan66. If you are enjoying it, that's all that counts. Good looking job too!
Old 04-03-2014, 01:37 PM   #707

couple more pics:

Old 04-03-2014, 01:40 PM   #708

Bruce, that's what my wife thinks, also! We have a new saying around here.."Baby needs a new pair of shoes" Always something... It is fun, though! thanks, david
Old 04-04-2014, 06:16 AM   #709

Tiffin Owners Club
to oldtrojan66:

I was unhappy with our pantry and bought some plastic tubs to use as slide-outs but I like your fix a lot better. Now I have another project.

Thanks

TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 06:54 AM   #710

Thor Owners Club
Had new EZ Flex suspension kits installed. Glad we did, the nylon bushings in the OE units had worn away after only 3 years. Never thought to have it checked. We had brought our 5er in to be it "blocked" as our new F350 was a bit higher than the old F350. While doing the work around the axle the tech checked the old units and found them badly worn. I love our 5er, but the OE part was sure a POS, because it was cheaper no doubt.
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 07:28 AM   #711

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEFFY View Post
to oldtrojan66:

I was unhappy with our pantry and bought some plastic tubs to use as slide-outs but I like your fix a lot better. Now I have another project.
I've kind of re-thought the pantry idea. I saw one with a single slide at the top and bottom with a "clothes rack" style assembly of four shelves. The only downside of that is you pull all shelves out at once. We'll see what happens in the end..
Old 04-05-2014, 07:30 AM   #712

I don't know if this counts as a mod or not, but I found two ES2000iS Yamaha generators at $300 off per unit. I also forgot to mention the TPMS for the RV and TV.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:31 AM   #713

Tiffin Owners Club
volt meter panel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCooke View Post
Added a panel with volt meter, 2 USB power ports, 12 volt plug, adapter plate for the other connections on the main TV. Also back lit the central panel for the power control.
Is the volt meter, USB ports and 12 volt plug a store - bought panel or home made? I'd like to put one if them in our MH.

TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 07:51 AM   #714

Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Just showed the pantry pull-outs to hubby. Have to have these. Been trying to tell him what I wanted. Better to have a picture! Thanks for posting.
kiscart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rvs