Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-07-2014, 09:19 PM   #785
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by idocdlw View Post
Thanks V-Rider...I guess I might need to pay more attention to what's posting on craigslist than what I am posting. I'll check it out.

Gave mine to my son for his kids playroom.... Maybe donate them.... We drove our rv to his house, unloaded them, then took our rv to the furniture store to pick up new reclining love seat and matching chair. They loaded them directly into the rv. Worked out great......

Diane is the original FTSFM........... (Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!

Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-07-2014, 09:27 PM   #786

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Gave mine to my son for his kids playroom.... Maybe donate them.... We drove our rv to his house, unloaded them, then took our rv to the furniture store to pick up new reclining love seat and matching chair. They loaded them directly into the rv. Worked out great......

Diane is the original FTSFM........... (Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
Thanks to you too, Diwizi. I appreciate the wisdom of those who have been there, done that.

Old 08-07-2014, 09:38 PM   #787

Ford Super Duty Owner
anything RV on mine is a modification.

Everything it has I like,
(RVM#26) THE U-RV 94 F-700/24 foot U-haul box home built RV
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 05:43 PM   #788

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by idocdlw View Post
I did not read all 56 pages of this thread so I apologize if this has been addressed before.

When owners replace the original rv furniture with more comfortable or functional items, what do you do with the originals?? Is there a resell market or are they pretty much salvage??
The 20 year old TVs that we replaced with LEDs we bought from Best Buy got taken right to Best Buy to be recycled or what ever it is they do with old electronics. The same with the new microwave/convection oven we bought at the same time.
The J couch we replaced with an entertainment center from Ashely's Furniture store we just broke apart and thru the parts away.
The washer/dryer combo unit we just gave to an appliance store, we did not want to deal with trying to salvage it. We made the area into a storage area for towels and sheets and stuff.
The ice maker we sold on craigs list and made a storage area.
The RV absorption fridge we had Lowe's come and take to salvage when they delivered the new Frigidaire that we now use and love.

It all depends on what we take out as to what we do with it.
Old 08-09-2014, 03:42 PM   #789

Additional storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrateSilly View Post
The 20 year old TVs that we replaced with LEDs we bought from Best Buy got taken right to Best Buy to be recycled or what ever it is they do with old electronics. The same with the new microwave/convection oven we bought at the same time.
The J couch we replaced with an entertainment center from Ashely's Furniture store we just broke apart and thru the parts away.
The washer/dryer combo unit we just gave to an appliance store, we did not want to deal with trying to salvage it. We made the area into a storage area for towels and sheets and stuff.
The ice maker we sold on craigs list and made a storage area.
The RV absorption fridge we had Lowe's come and take to salvage when they delivered the new Frigidaire that we now use and love.

It all depends on what we take out as to what we do with it.

Have any pictures of how you did the storage where the washer and dryer where? We have the same idea but some people think we are crazy to remove the washer dryer but we have used it ones the the 3 yrs we have owned our Pace Arrow. Thanks
Old 08-09-2014, 09:26 PM   #790

Monaco Owners Club
We measured and figure that 2 of these would fit nice and we could pull out one at a time http://www.lowes.com/pd_278207-94604-58-12C-2-5_4294702508__?productId=3107327&Ns=p_product_qty_ sales_dollar|1&pl=1¤tURL=%3FNs%3Dp_product_qty_sal es_dollar|1&facetInfo=

We took it out since Thom still works and between the 2 of us we generate quite a bit of laundry. With that combo unit I would be doing laundry all day, every day just to keep up. We just take the 5 to 8 loads down to the laundromat once a week and do it all at once. Within 2 hours its all washed, dried and folded.
Old 08-13-2014, 12:33 PM   #791

Ford Super Duty Owner
Memo board

Sorry for not posting mods lately. Been real busy enjoying a cool summer in NW WA. Lost track of my mods on IRV2 but I know this one puts me well over 100. Magnetic surfaces are few in our RV and DW wanted a memo board for shopping list and reminders. I solved both problems with a DIY dry erase and magnetic board. Material needed one 18" x 6' (many different sizes available) roll of dry erase peel and stick/contact and a 8" x 12" sheet metal shingle from Home Depot. Washed sheet metal with Dawn to remove grease. Cut peel and stick about 1/4 inch larger on each side with excess folded over on back. Smooth/move bubbles out to sides with edge of credit card. If some can not be moved, just prick bubble with a pin and smooth again. I secured first one to inside of pantry door with very small pan head screw in each corner. More than enough peel and stick left to do several more cabinet doors.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P7070001.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	145.7 KB
ID:	70675  
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 01:18 PM   #792

Nice!

Sent from my iPad2 using iRV2 - RV Forum
Virago-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 01:36 PM   #793

Ford Super Duty Owner
Bathroom wall switches

Two aggravations in the bathroom solved with wall switches added for ceiling fan and ceiling light. Running wire in the interior walls was just time consuming. Wire in ceiling was a real challenge until I figured out how to do it. Removed light fixture and ceiling vent housing. Using a pointed 1/4 inch dowel rod I pushed thru Styrofoam ceiling insulation from vent to light fixture and to side wall, Then pushed wire into light fixture hole and hooked it with a long stiff wire thru hole created above and pulled wire into vent opening. Added another wire for fan switch bypass and pushed all wire into space above medicine cabinet. From inside top of medicine cabinet it was an easy run to side wall and done. Now both switches are in easy reach.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	P6150006.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	180.3 KB
ID:	70692  
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Old 08-13-2014, 01:50 PM   #794

Ford Super Duty Owner
Dash Fans

Occasionally moisture/fog on windshield could not be removed fast enough for safe driving so I decided to add fans typically found on more expensive rigs. With padded panel under overhead cabinets removed wire running was easy.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	P6140002.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	195.9 KB
ID:	70693   Click image for larger version

Name:	P6160007.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	306.3 KB
ID:	70694  

Old 08-13-2014, 02:41 PM   #795

Ford Super Duty Owner
MCD Day/Nite shades

I would not call MCD day/night shades installation a mod. But it gave me a chance to really change things. The factory installed valence was partially blocking the view and light at the top of the window. Raising it about two inches opened up the view, increased room light and allowed for better ventilation. The side panels were pushed up inside valance so I was able to drop them down almost four inches. That brought sides down to bottom of the window frame blocking even more light for sleeping late. Note in one picture that you can not see the top rounded corners on the window frame but you can in the other - even with MCD shades hanging below edge of valence.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	P7070002.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	277.2 KB
ID:	70695   Click image for larger version

Name:	P6160009.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	290.6 KB
ID:	70696  

Old 08-13-2014, 04:29 PM   #796

Ford Super Duty Owner
Automatic storage lights

Deep dark cabinets and drawers have been a problem since day one. I experimented with various types and locations of lights and switches. Finally settled on warm white, waterproof LED light strips. Biggest problem was the switches - they had to be small, low profile, low cost, adequate power rating for high current situations, quiet and reasonably good looking. End of search when I found these on Ebay. 12vdc power for all cabinet and drawer lighting is controlled by a master switch to save batteries when needed. Note the round felt pad on door. That pad is required to close switch without fully closing doors. The switch mounting holes are very close to the front of the switch housing giving very little range for adjusting or mounting.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	P7070007.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	197.0 KB
ID:	70708   Click image for larger version

Name:	P7070003.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	268.8 KB
ID:	70709  

Old 08-13-2014, 07:48 PM   #797

Ford Super Duty Owner
Heads Up NAV Display

Trying to solve low intensity screen display in bright light I stumbled onto a much better place to mount the RVND 7710 or probably any other GPS. It turned out to be real easy with our Damon's nearly worthless sun visor. I added a 12vdc usb power supply in the cabinet above just for the RVND.
Not shown - When on long trips I plug the RVND audio output into a FM transmitter and get all GPS audio announcements thru coach ceiling radio speaker system. Fantastic sound quality and great GPS view without taking eyes off the road ahead. Windshield view obscured by solar screen.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	P7070008.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	182.0 KB
ID:	70727   Click image for larger version

Name:	P7070009.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	186.2 KB
ID:	70728  

Old 08-13-2014, 11:52 PM   #798

Damon Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctpres View Post
Two aggravations in the bathroom solved with wall switches added for ceiling fan and ceiling light. Running wire in the interior walls was just time consuming. Wire in ceiling was a real challenge until I figured out how to do it. Removed light fixture and ceiling vent housing. Using a pointed 1/4 inch dowel rod I pushed thru Styrofoam ceiling insulation from vent to light fixture and to side wall, Then pushed wire into light fixture hole and hooked it with a long stiff wire thru hole created above and pulled wire into vent opening. Added another wire for fan switch bypass and pushed all wire into space above medicine cabinet. From inside top of medicine cabinet it was an easy run to side wall and done. Now both switches are in easy reach.
It must reflect well on all that Aggie engineering back home I'm Texas. I had a buddy in New Braunfels who came up with a similar, and slightly. Modified version of what you've done. In his case he use the same type of dowel, moved 2-3 ins back from the pointed end, and carefully chiseled out a small hollow where he used a self tapping eyelet screw with the loop end towards the rear. He also made a single line channel from that hollow chamber towards the pushy end of the stick. The eyelet he used to secure either wire(s) to be run, or string as a guideline, and then secured the now attached wire down the length of the dowel. I saw to work well with a few applications, sound bar, speaker and electrical,wire, and even an odd HDMI and old coax cable (though, those, those were a challenge)

I guess we have to keep in mind I'm talking about a fellow Aggie here. I'm not going to guantee this would work for some of who, just perhaps, attended schools with a little less exposure to all collective, common sense, and educational opportunities such we humble and modest, yet enderingly handsome, cowboys.

But you do have a good idea!

Tags
rvs