Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-31-2011, 06:10 PM   #71
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpkirby View Post
Taz, Very Nice. I just can't see the table, I never use the one at the house either.
Nice Work!
Thanks
Table is for the kids. We normally eat outside. Wife just got some nice wooden tv folding tables.

Improvise, adapt and overcome... "Semper Fi"
TAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-31-2011, 06:12 PM   #72
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by larcougar View Post
Taz was that hard getting that jlounge in
the MH looks really nice.
The arms come off. Fold it out to a jackknife and DW and I carried it in. Didn't need to call a buddy it was easy.

Thanks...

Old 12-31-2011, 06:18 PM   #73
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfrantz View Post
That is a great job. It is exactly what we want to do. What model dishwasher did you install? We plan to do the identical mod to our RV since we don't use the oven. Any other tips you can share?
Thanks

The dishwasher (not to be confused with DW) is a Fisher&Paykel DD24. It really was no too hard to install. Hardest part was taking out the front paneling and trimming it. It was multiple pieces that I separated. Placed masking tape on the face side and cut from the back.

Took a little work finding the right drain parts under the sink with the limited space. The water supply was just tapping into the hot water but the parts were almost $20.

Old 12-31-2011, 06:27 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportech
lpkirby,

I removed the standard bench seating and table and replaced it with a buffet cabinet and separate chairs. There are only two of us and we didn't like the bench. After checking with Fleetwood for a matching cabinet to the rest of the coach I built my own and saved tons of $$$$. The left drawer is replaced with a laptop tray and the right is still a drawer. The table extends to seat 5 comfortably. The storage below holds the laptop bag, printer and lots more. Could also be made to hold a file drawer. When you fold the laptop up and slide it in, it still looks like a dining room table.

Dave
Sportech, that looks very nice. However, the tabletop, when extended, looks like it has no support on the "free end". Is that correct? If so, doesn't that put quite a bit of stress on the buffet cabinet?
Old 12-31-2011, 06:41 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2HB

Sportech, that looks very nice. However, the tabletop, when extended, looks like it has no support on the "free end". Is that correct? If so, doesn't that put quite a bit of stress on the buffet cabinet?
The table is attached to the wall and there is no attachment to the cabinet at all. I had a chance to measure a similar installation and adjusted the size to fit my coach.

Dave
Old 12-31-2011, 06:55 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpkirby

Sportech, I am sorry to ask this, but do you have any pictures showing it closed and the building process? I love it because it is a table and I see it as a desk for me. I am just not visualizing the leaf working and storage, looks way to long. Thanks and GREAT Work!
Lpkirby,

Sounds like you need a modified version of the buffet cabinet. If it was 18" deep instead of 12" you could get a couple of file drawers in it. A wider key board tray would be possible to if the table was moved over. The table would stick out 18" and would pull out to 36" or 48" with a leaf. You would still have room for four for dinner! When do you want it installed?

Dave
Old 12-31-2011, 07:21 PM   #77
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Sportech,

How did you brace the kitchen extension? I was thinking about the same mod. I was thinking about upgrading the counters to corian and adding an extension. I can cut the opening but don't know how to brace it when it is extended.

Yours looks great!

Old 12-31-2011, 07:56 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZ
Sportech,

How did you brace the kitchen extension? I was thinking about the same mod. I was thinking about upgrading the counters to corian and adding an extension. I can cut the opening but don't know how to brace it when it is extended.

Yours looks great!
TAZ

On my Coach the counter is 28" deep. The corian extension is also 28". I made some wood guides that fit snugly to the extension. I can pull the extension out about 22" and still be well supported. Pull it all the way and it comes right out. Its tight enough so that it doesn't need a latch.

Dave
Old 01-01-2012, 07:55 PM   #79

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
Thanks

Hardest part was taking out the front paneling and trimming it. It was multiple pieces that I separated. Placed masking tape on the face side and cut from the back.
The dimensions of the diswasher are 2"-3" wider than the stovetop. Did you actually cut down the dishwasher door panel? Did you wire a new dedicated outlet? Any pictures would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Marilyn & Steve
Frantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:12 PM   #80

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportech View Post
lpkirby,

I removed the standard bench seating and table and replaced it with a buffet cabinet and separate chairs. There are only two of us and we didn't like the bench. After checking with Fleetwood for a matching cabinet to the rest of the coach I built my own and saved tons of $$$$. The left drawer is replaced with a laptop tray and the right is still a drawer. The table extends to seat 5 comfortably. The storage below holds the laptop bag, printer and lots more. Could also be made to hold a file drawer. When you fold the laptop up and slide it in, it still looks like a dining room table.

Dave
This is the first mod I've seen in years that I really jealous of. It has function and great looks. Really like the added storage space.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:36 PM   #81
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frantz View Post
The dimensions of the diswasher are 2"-3" wider than the stovetop. Did you actually cut down the dishwasher door panel? Did you wire a new dedicated outlet? Any pictures would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Marilyn & Steve
I did cut the opening to 24" wide. The first pic I posted was before. There was a dedicated 15 amp circuit for one outlet above the couch. It ran under the stove to an electrical box. I just re routed it for a dedicated circuit.

I didn't take pictures during the build. Wish I had now. The stove top replacent was just a drop in. The LP connection was in the same place so no need to alter.

It was not a hard mod. I had more frustration finding drain parts to add the drain. Because it is so tight most standard house plumbing is too tall. I will take a pic of how I finally worked it in and post it. I made several trips to lowes before I got something that worked.

I would be happy to help via email if you take on the project. It really changes how you look at dirty dishes. No more fluted on the counter.

I plan to add a stove cover. I like the recessed cooktops some RVs have.

Old 01-02-2012, 10:06 AM   #82

Ford Super Duty Owner
Sewer Solutions cheap hose extension

I was posting all my mods in the Damon section - but since it looks like this section may have legs and have a good long life I will begin posting all mine here.

Needed extra length for drain hose and didnít want to pay big $ for extension hose. Since hose connects to sewer adapter with press fit 1 inch PVC connector - I just cut a 10 foot 1 inch PVC pipe into several lengths that would fit in our wet bay, added one 1 inch PVC coupler to each piece of pipe and now have ten foot extension for just a couple of bucks. And can make more as needed. Light weight, easy to store and easy to hookup.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PB260005.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	645.0 KB
ID:	16775  
Old 01-02-2012, 11:21 AM   #83

Taz like what you did taking the oven out
and putting the dishwasher I'm looking
at it is it in a slideout?
That is where my oven is I have a 326MKS
Cougar and I think the sink might be to
far away have to look and see what it
will take. sure is a good idea and good mod.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:31 AM   #84
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by larcougar View Post
Taz like what you did taking the oven out
and putting the dishwasher I'm looking
at it is it in a slideout?
That is where my oven is I have a 326MKS
Cougar and I think the sink might be to
far away have to look and see what it
will take. sure is a good idea and good mod.
I had to run the lines inside along the baseboad. Lines are flexible and had to run them into the sink compartment in the middle of the slide length closed vs extended. I will have to take some pics.

I looked at following the gas line but the length was too long and would create a syphon.

Tags
rvs