Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-19-2014, 07:56 AM   #855

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarkid View Post
Removed the hide-a-bed and replaced it with 2 swivel recliners.
Attachment 64346

Not really a mod, but replaced the EPDM roof on our 42 footer.
Attachment 64347

All work done by yours truly, with an assist from my son to get rubber up to roof and glued down.
Nice job do you want to come do mine?
flangley is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-19-2014, 08:01 AM   #856

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerryl View Post
I have been a fan of the Inverter generators since they came out. They are the quietest most economical Generators on the market. I run my entire hunting camp on one. Nine hours per gallon. I bought a motorhome last year and had to run the onboard generator for several days. (5500 Generac) I was amazed at the amount of gas that it used.
At my camp we use an ‘extend a tank’. It holds an extra 5 gallons and the EU2000 sucks the gas from it before running out. Run time with it is about 3 ½ days. I found a guy who made me a quality hookup that allows me to draw right from my onboard gas tank. He made the aluminum cap, the proper hookup and the “T” for my gas line for a little over $100.
Last week I didn’t have to run the AC and just used the Honda for 5 days. Worked like a charm. I probably saved the price of the hookup. I already had the generator. I could have put the generator in one of the bays, but made this rack so I could also carry an extra cooler. I did find that I had to put the generator on the ground to get it to feed properly.
Just thought this might be of interest to someone, If so, I can post this guy’s e-mail. He has some health issues and only does this part time.
Attached Thumbnails
If you look close at the picture I posted, you will see the metal theft guard over the handle. The one design flaw that the EU2000s have is that the plastic handle can be cut very easily. $40 bucks at camping world and other dealers.
My brother lost a brand new EU2000 at the Richmond Nascar race. His lock was cut and from then on he only used the round locks. They are designed so that you can't get a bolt cutter in there very easily.
We have 2 of those and one of them will not run no matter what I do and the other won't quit. We got them to run the computers at my wife's business, good clean power. I never thought about using it in the MH. What did you hook it into for power?
Old 11-19-2014, 08:05 AM   #857

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by sctdixon View Post
Replaced out Dometic with a Samsung Model# RF197ACRS, 17.8CF refridgerator.

Soooo much better than the Dometic!
Heck yea and a whole lot prettier!
Old 11-19-2014, 08:08 AM   #858

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stCougar View Post
Well I finally talked my DW into a major mod,our 5ver has a big kitchen.
I always wanted to cut the cabinet that is across the one end.
And I did it on the last camping trip.
I can see where that would be a good idea. Looks great but at the CG?
Old 11-19-2014, 08:19 AM   #859

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
Some may recall my new tv mount / wall brace. Finally got back on it and created a template for the face, cut out the face from 3/16" Alucobond. Mounted and fired up tbe tv, 29" Samsung. Now have to pull it back apart and paint it black. Works awesome and the built in tilt is perfect.

Attachment 60020

Attachment 60021

Attachment 60022

Attachment 60023
That would be a good idea to free up the large cabinet the old tv came in. Great idea. Now where did I put my welding machine?
Old 11-19-2014, 08:35 AM   #860

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by al2ride View Post
Fixed the kid's trap.

I need to that after yesterday. I was working on valance's and stepped back to look at it and tripped over a wooden mallet and if the door wasn't closed I would have ended up on the concrete driveway.
Old 11-19-2014, 08:56 AM   #861

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincolnboy2 View Post
Just finished replacing the inner slide fascia. The old stuff was bubbling off and loose and looked terrible in places (it was mdf with wood-like contact paper over it making it look like real wood)

The black is bold and dramatic, but surprisingly looks very good, even better than the pics. Took lots of time teaming up trim pieces and finding out what would work, but I'm very happy with the results.

This new stuff won't be bubbling or coming loose, its primed and prime/paint 2 coats...
Did you strip and stain your cabinets?
Old 11-19-2014, 09:25 AM   #862

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy1252 View Post
After months of work, I have finally finished renovations to my 88/89 HR Imperial. Took me a lot longer than it should have due to arthritis in my lower back and neck, but I'm FINISHED!

I painted the interior end to end. A kind of ocean blue. My counter top is the color of wet sand, so I picked a tile for the backslpash that resembles the shell fragments and pebbles at the edge of the
wave as it washes up on the sand.

I built a small nightstand for the bedroom and a small bookrack and attached it to the closet wall.

I took out the inoperable icemaker and replaced it with an open cabinet w/sliding shelf. The shelf holds a portable icemaker.

Next, out with the old in-dash tv. Replaced it with a cabinet with one small drawer inside and a rack on the outside for cellphones, etc. Hole in the back of the rack for phone charger cord that plugs into the old tv's receptacle.

The last thing was replacing the Dometic fridge with an Avanti residential model. It was almost a perfect fit but I still had to add some trim to fill it out. I put in some eyebolts so I could secure the doors while moving.

Attached Thumbnails

I painted the interior end to end. A kind of ocean blue. My counter top is the color of wet sand, so I picked a tile for the backslpash that resembles the shell fragments and pebbles at the edge of the
wave as it washes up on the sand.

I built a small nightstand for the bedroom and a small bookrack and attached it to the closet wall.

I took out the inoperable icemaker and replaced it with an open cabinet w/sliding shelf. The shelf holds a portable icemaker.

Next, out with the old in-dash tv. Replaced it with a cabinet with one small drawer inside and a rack on the outside for cellphones, etc. Hole in the back of the rack for phone charger cord that plugs into the old tv's receptacle.

The last thing was replacing the Dometic fridge with an Avanti residential model. It was almost a perfect fit but I still had to add some trim to fill it out. I put in some eyebolts so I could secure the doors while moving.

Attached Thumbnails

I can rate to the lower back problems it take me a week to do what I used to do in a day. I am disabled and I am scheduled for back surgery in 2 weeks so I have to hurry up with my valances. If I do 5 or 6 of them I have to take to next day off.
Old 11-19-2014, 09:31 AM   #863

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
If there's no photo , it didn't happen .
Cliff
Funny but I agree!
Old 11-19-2014, 09:33 AM   #864

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
Great job, Craig. I've been battling mine with Back to Black for years. Color matching to the full body paint is so much classier. Thanks for the inspiration.

Too bad FW doesn't take the extra step & do this. They're still using either black or chromed handles. Both rather cheezy.

Lori-
One thing good you can just replace the guts out of one so you don't have to paint the new one.
Old 01-07-2015, 01:37 PM   #865

National RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Just noticed 'FLANGLEY's' question on post # 856. Sorry I didn't answer sooner but didn't see it. I just plug the shore power cord in to the generator but don't try to use any AC when using the Honda. It will run the coffee pot and the microwave but I don't use them both at the same time.
Gerryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 06:15 PM   #866

Winnebago Owners Club
We had a Keystone fuzion 395. I always thought the lighting in the kitchen/living area was lacking. Most of it too high up so no real ambient lighting. Also not enough wall plugs to add any wall sconces or floor lamps, etc. So ended up purchasing through home depot a string of led lights that I mounted underneath the upper counter that served as the bar. There was just enough space underneath the counter and the plywood form it sat on (about 1/2 inch) to install the lights that had a sticky tape backing. Was able to mount them so lights didnt shine right in your eyes. Sorry I dont have pics anymore...traded the fuzion for a winnebago forza 38r. But the led lights looked good and fixed the problem.
1kycamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 08:56 PM   #867

Just spent the last several days going through all 62 pages of mods, WOW found all sorts of good ideas can't wait to get started on some of them myself.
Their are some very well done ideas out there that's for sure.
Old 01-08-2015, 05:19 AM   #868

I love seeing the mods people have made to their rigs. I posted one that solved a big problem earlier on my steeps steps that now work much better. But for Christmas Hubby bought me a fireplace and put that in. He also put in what they call cheap heat. Electric heat added to our existing heat and it worked great. I don't have a pic of that but a pic of our new fireplace
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	beforefp.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	132.2 KB
ID:	82931   Click image for larger version

Name:	modfp.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	82932  

Justwinginit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags