Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-24-2016, 03:24 PM   #1051

Same style floor I replaced carpet with in the Behemoth. I have pets and trailer carpets end up stinky casualties of bladder incontinence
Nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2016, 04:13 PM   #1052

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKTX View Post
Wow that is stellar!!! So taylored looking. I would sure like some instructions on how you attached it to your coach. Also it looks like the edges are finished did you just fold it over and sew an edge? Did you make a huge pattern to start with?
Thanks... I used simple snap fasteners that I bought at Lowes. First I installed them on the fabric itself and then on the coach.
As far as a pattern I rough cut the dimensions for the windshield and then taped it to the coach. I took a sharpie and traced the outside of the gasket around the windshield and then took a ruler to add roughly 1" around the perimeter. I sewed it like a pillow on three sides and then turned it inside out and sewed roughly one inch in to create a space for the reflective insulation. Then I folded over the fabric and finished sewing like you would a pillow.

Thanks
Adam
afrohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 04:34 PM   #1053

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Vagabond View Post
After seeing what happens to vinyl, you decide on more vinyl? Why not real tile? I am thinking about installing carpeting on top of the vinyl my MH came with. I'd like to walk barefoot from the bedroom to the cockpit without getting cold feet.

The original vinyl lasted 10 years so we had no issue with that. We didn't want the weight of tile plus unless heated I find it cold underfoot. The vinyl makes cleanup easy when people and dog feet come inside. A couple of throw rugs on the vinyl work for us.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
oldsmasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 08:33 AM   #1054

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
After seeing what happens to vinyl, you decide on more vinyl? Why not real tile? I am thinking about installing carpeting on top of the vinyl my MH came with. I'd like to walk barefoot from the bedroom to the cockpit without getting cold feet.
Check out UGG slippers. Keeps the toes roasty/toasty on tile, vinyl and wood, carpet too. Sheepskin slippers are great to drive in as well.
Old 04-26-2016, 09:21 AM   #1055

Another upgrade

I change from blue wall paper tile to tiled backsplash and add an out door fridge.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160422_154518.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	284.9 KB
ID:	125279   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160422_113523.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	270.1 KB
ID:	125280  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20150927_175343.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	159.7 KB
ID:	125281  
chrisace930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 02:18 PM   #1056

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Check out UGG slippers. Keeps the toes roasty/toasty on tile, vinyl and wood, carpet too. Sheepskin slippers are great to drive in as well.
I am a barefoot kind of guy and ticked off that RV manufacturers (i.e. Forest River & Winnebago) no longer offer carpeting even as a special request option. So if someone wants carpeting on a new coach, they have to install it later, over the vinyl that they did not want in the first place.
RV Vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 02:33 PM   #1057
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
I am a barefoot kind of guy and ticked off that RV manufacturers (i.e. Forest River & Winnebago) no longer offer carpeting even as a special request option. So if someone wants carpeting on a new coach, they have to install it later, over the vinyl that they did not want in the first place.
Throw rugs. MUCH easier and cheaper to replace when needed due to either wear or change of taste.

Different strokes, as they say. Our new rig was of particular interest because it had NO carpet.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 08:25 AM   #1058

National RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I once asked a Motorhome Rep 'Why don't they put more vinyl in Motorhomes, especially in the bathroom?'. Carpeting in the bathroom, makes no sense.
He told me that it is more expensive to install vinyl (more labor intensive to make everything fit and look right). With carpet, they can cover a lot of imperfections.
Old 04-29-2016, 08:49 PM   #1059

Expanded the capabilities of my new smart lights to where them and the HVAC are all controlled by voice via an Amazon Echo device. Wish I could call it the name of my trailer so it is more personal given I'm talking to my house but control is as simple as 'Alexa, turn on the living room lights,' or 'Alexa, dim nightstand lamp to 30%' or 'Alexa, turn the Air conditioning off'
Nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 07:27 AM   #1060

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickdalzell1 View Post
Expanded the capabilities of my new smart lights to where them and the HVAC are all controlled by voice via an Amazon Echo device. Wish I could call it the name of my trailer so it is more personal given I'm talking to my house but control is as simple as 'Alexa, turn on the living room lights,' or 'Alexa, dim nightstand lamp to 30%' or 'Alexa, turn the Air conditioning off'
Whoa! Sounds like the Jetsons! If you don't know the reference, you're not old enough! Haha!
oldtrojan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 08:03 AM   #1061

Looking at doing some smart house upgrades to the sticks and bricks with a MI casa Verde system. Cheap and seems easy to do. Darn kids don't know how to operate light switches anymore😠
iamblum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 11:12 AM   #1062

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamblum View Post
Looking at doing some smart house upgrades to the sticks and bricks with a MI casa Verde system. Cheap and seems easy to do. Darn kids don't know how to operate light switches anymore😠
Certainly not to turn them off, on seems to be a slam dunk!
Old 05-01-2016, 07:02 AM   #1063

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamblum View Post
Take their Iphone away and tell them you can't afford the electricity to charge it because they keep leaving the lights on
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 10:17 AM   #1064

Brilliant!!!!!
iamblum is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rvs