Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-02-2017, 04:47 PM   #1275

Very nice mod!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2017, 08:05 PM   #1276

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Bed Extension

The bed in our coach is a short Queen on a slide out. The bed platform is actually only 72" long, so the mattress is a bit longer than the platform. I'm 6'-2 and the wife is 5'-12 on a good day, so you can see, there isn't quite enough bed there. I built this folding extension to the bed platform so we can pull the mattress several inches away from the wall and give us the needed length. The corners are to match the existing platform and attached with a 48" piano hinge. i also used short lengths of piano hinges to attach the folding support brackets. It was important that no extra length be added to the bed platform as there is very little clearance between the foot of the bed and the wardrobes on the opposite wall when the slide is retracted. I'm going to order a section of foam to put between the head of the bed and the wall when the mattress is extended to finish the project.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bed1.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	266.8 KB
ID:	179114   Click image for larger version

Name:	bed2.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	270.8 KB
ID:	179115  

Name:	bed3.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	284.2 KB
ID:	179116   Click image for larger version

Name:	bed4.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	223.9 KB
ID:	179117  

harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 10:44 AM   #1277
Floundering Member

Extra Sewer Hose Storage

There was an empty spot next to my DEF tank just itching to be used for something. Mounted a plastic kitchen trash bin with a couple of bolts and fender washers. Drilled a hole in the bottom to drain any "left-overs". I store my extra sewer hose in it. The main hose has a dedicated compartment already.

https://waywards.org
Waywards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 05:15 PM   #1278

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyjt View Post
The bed in our coach is a short Queen on a slide out. The bed platform is actually only 72" long, so the mattress is a bit longer than the platform. I'm 6'-2 and the wife is 5'-12 on a good day, so you can see, there isn't quite enough bed there. I built this folding extension to the bed platform so we can pull the mattress several inches away from the wall and give us the needed length. The corners are to match the existing platform and attached with a 48" piano hinge. i also used short lengths of piano hinges to attach the folding support brackets. It was important that no extra length be added to the bed platform as there is very little clearance between the foot of the bed and the wardrobes on the opposite wall when the slide is retracted. I'm going to order a section of foam to put between the head of the bed and the wall when the mattress is extended to finish the project.
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...extender/85094
Old 10-08-2017, 08:18 PM   #1279

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks, but I have already seen that. Not interested in spending $75, and certainly not at CW. I can get the foam I need from an on-line source for about $20 or less. And the way it is working out, I only need it about 4" deep, not 6, and only 9" thick. I do appreciate the thought though.
jt
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 04:57 AM   #1280

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waywards View Post
There was an empty spot next to my DEF tank just itching to be used for something. Mounted a plastic kitchen trash bin with a couple of bolts and fender washers. Drilled a hole in the bottom to drain any "left-overs". I store my extra sewer hose in it. The main hose has a dedicated compartment already.

I am looking to do something like this to hold my 2.5 gallon DEF jug. This may be to heavy.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 06:32 AM   #1281

My most recent mod was to fix something the dim-wits at Coachmen did when they build this POS.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Crimps.JPG
Views:	198
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	179589   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2492.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	202.3 KB
ID:	179590  

Old 10-12-2017, 08:44 AM   #1282
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Uh, those are electric connectors, right? And the black color is burn? Where did you find these and what year and model is your RV? Coachman built mine, too. This is a real nightmare.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 08:51 AM   #1283

There is a tool to crimp them correctly and its not that expensive. I don't know why people that do this kind of wiring don't use one. I loaned mine to a guy and he thought he broke it. He did not tighten the tool enough to release. When he did it released and a perfect crimp.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:04 AM   #1284

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Uh, those are electric connectors, right? And the black color is burn? Where did you find these and what year and model is your RV? Coachman built mine, too. This is a real nightmare.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A32Deuce View Post
There is a tool to crimp them correctly and its not that expensive. I don't know why people that do this kind of wiring don't use one. I loaned mine to a guy and he thought he broke it. He did not tighten the tool enough to release. When he did it released and a perfect crimp.
Thread on this exact subject and how NOT to crimp a terminal.

More Coachmen RV Quality.......

4x4dually is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rvs