Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-08-2012, 01:08 PM   #379

Ford Super Duty Owner
The mud dauber screen everybody forgot?

For awhile it sounded like the vent hood fan was running with the switch off. Eventually figured out a wasp got in thru outside vent and was stopped by the vent hood filter. Two days later - no noise and dead wasp. Decided easiest way to add screen was to press fit it into outer weather shield.
Screen is left over soffit vent in bulk roll. Looks like std. bug screen but holes almost twice as big for improved air flow. Cut piece ¼ inch or so larger than opening. Put between two blocks of wood with 1/8 inch or so sticking out and fold over, remove blocks and finish folding over for a finished edge. Length and width can be adjusted by how much is folded over.
Last picture shows special tool I made to install. Nothing more than small wire with hook on one end. Push screen into opening and using hook pull screen back out to the edge.
Project cost: Less than 50 cents and thirty minutes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P6010002.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	205.9 KB
ID:	23345   Click image for larger version

Name:	P6010004.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	193.9 KB
ID:	23346  

Name:	P6010005.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	240.5 KB
ID:	23347  
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2012, 04:50 PM   #380

I took out the pedestal table and four chairs that
came with the RV, I replaced them with a table
I bought at Wal Mart, and two chairs I bought
at Target.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	P6270289.JPG
Views:	389
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	23368  
1stCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:27 PM   #381
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stCougar View Post
I took out the pedestal table and four chairs that
came with the RV, I replaced them with a table
I bought at Wal Mart, and two chairs I bought
at Target.
Amazing how such a simple change can make a dramatic difference.

Improvise, adapt and overcome... "Semper Fi"
TAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:28 PM   #382

Added an expansion tank to my water system and now the water runs for 2-3 minutes before the pump turns on and the pump don't serge when we use the shower.
85antique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:13 PM   #383

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85antique View Post
Added an expansion tank to my water system and now the water runs for 2-3 minutes before the pump turns on and the pump don't serge when we use the shower.
Nice! How big was the tank and where did you plumb it in?
TitanicPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:39 PM   #384

It is an st-5 tank its about 2 gal i cut it in just after the pump under the sink not much room to work good thing for pex i will post pics when its daylite phone has no flash
85antique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:12 PM   #385

Hardwood and Tile Upgrade

A few months back I added more tile to the kitchen area and to the the entry door area than what was originally installed. The plan was to upgrade the carpet between the sofas and on the slide. We always put down an area rug to cover the marks where the slide rollers crushed the carpet. This wasn't going to change with the new carpet so I decided to get rid of the carpet (except for the slide). I used a Bruce engineered panel in the Brazilian Cherry color. It matched the cabinets pretty well and the price was reasonable for the small area to be done. The hardest part was removing all the staples from the original carpet and pad. I like it so much that I now want to do the bedroom in the hardwood too. But that will be after replacement of the slide carpet.

Dave
07 Revolution 40E
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Hardwood Floor from Rear small.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	459.1 KB
ID:	25768   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hardwood Floor from Front small.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	429.2 KB
ID:	25769  

Sportech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:28 AM   #386

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportech View Post
A few months back I added more tile to the kitchen area and to the the entry door area than what was originally installed. The plan was to upgrade the carpet between the sofas and on the slide. We always put down an area rug to cover the marks where the slide rollers crushed the carpet. This wasn't going to change with the new carpet so I decided to get rid of the carpet (except for the slide). I used a Bruce engineered panel in the Brazilian Cherry color. It matched the cabinets pretty well and the price was reasonable for the small area to be done. The hardest part was removing all the staples from the original carpet and pad. I like it so much that I now want to do the bedroom in the hardwood too. But that will be after replacement of the slide carpet.

Dave
07 Revolution 40E
Absolutely incredible! I couldn't imagine better color schemes. GREAT job!

Old 09-07-2012, 10:12 AM   #387

Texas Boomers Club
I have an older 94 Bounder 34J and I have finished many projects on it. The latest is a desk where the dinette use to be.

The best part is a place to keep the ice maker now.
lpkirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:45 AM   #388

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpkirby View Post
I have an older 94 Bounder 34J and I have finished many projects on it. The latest is a desk where the dinette use to be.

The best part is a place to keep the ice maker now.

WOW incredible! Great woodwork! Great Job!
Old 10-11-2012, 05:13 PM   #389

There are a few mods I'm working on at the moment. (specialty parts on order). I'm putting in a self powered relay on the tie in for my emergency battery so that if neccessary, I can connect it remotely from the drivers seat.

The second was actually inspired by accident when I was looking for the right industrial relay to handle the current for the battery. I've got on order, several processor controlled relay boards set up to handle 12v current at various amperages. (10 thru 30) and which are operated via bluetooth and android operating system. The app works on an old tablet I've got lying around, or through a smartphone.. Or there's a PC interface available. I'm planning to wire them in as secondary controls for the lighting, and entertainment systems.

The 3rd is more of a safety add on to the first two than it's own project... I came across a push button control panel designed for racing systems, but fully customisable and solid state. For safety, I'll be setting the system up so that untill the new hardware is powered up at the control panel, the MH's original wiring will be in control.

In the idea stage, but pretty simple to do would be to use the same control board to replace the Genset dash controls. Totally overkill maybe, but the cool factor outweighs the "why?" factor. (for me at least).. and we're brainstorming here.

The control panel is available through JEGS Performance Auto Parts - Holley - Billet Specialties - Edelbrock - MSD - Moroso - Mr Gasket . The relay control boards are at: Relay Pros ... The battery relay ... I'll have to look up again..
dale5of7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:48 PM   #390
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Winters coming!

So, what's better than a nice warm fireplace!

Name:	1021121435.jpg
Views:	730
Size:	421.4 KB
ID:	28035

Name:	1021121434.jpg
Views:	693
Size:	454.5 KB
ID:	28036

Name:	1021121444.jpg
Views:	762
Size:	457.0 KB
ID:	28037

The TV and this piece of wall are just behind the main slide in our Damon Outlaw. The fireplace is all electric with a remote to control the 3 heat settings (cool, 750Watt & 1500Watt) and the flame effects (visuals) are on a 7 setting dimmer, using only 2 nightlight bulbs.

I saw a fireplace in a BIG 5th Wheel at an RV show this past summer and just knew I had to have one in my Class "A"!
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:08 AM   #391

Damon Owners Club
Steve, that's just sweet! Too bad I've used that space for a rail-system to mount my printer for the PC.

Hmmmm....guess I'll be re-thinking where I could relocate the printer sometime in the future.

Damn, you're a bad influence!

Old 10-23-2012, 10:43 AM   #392

Got fed up not knowing what my battery voltages were so I built the display boxes using a cheap $2 meter from ebay and a project box from radioshack
The inside boxes power off with the battery switch and the outside ones I used a push on/off button again from radioshack. Now I know the status of coach & chassis batteries at a glance and can also see what is charging etc.

Stephen
1999 Tradition
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Meter1 (1).jpg
Views:	376
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	28124   Click image for larger version

Name:	Meter2.JPG
Views:	340
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	28125