Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-03-2015, 02:45 PM   #911

Monaco Owners Club
Some great mods in this thread.

Rather than list them all, here is a link to the Mods/Upgrades that I have done to our 2003 Monaco Dynasty.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/mods-upgrades-to-our-2003-dynasty-237276.html

Mike.
zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-03-2015, 05:33 PM   #912

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportech View Post
Tony,

See my comments below:

The heads and shafts are both weak points that may hurt you.
I worked in the NASCAR business and they use 1/2" bolts to support a 3500# car while they are being weighed. These adjusters were developed for the scale platforms to speed setting the platforms to the correct height. The guys even work under the car while supported by the scale platforms. These adjusters are way over designed even for a 300# person (I'm 175#)

Heads may sink into whatever they are placed on and the bolt could buckle.
That's what the hockey pucks are for (see original post). They are about 3 1/2" in diameter. If the ground is that soft it can't exert any load on the bolt.

The threads are natural stress points and if you land just right you may have a bad ride.
There would be a stress point if the bolt was in bending. These bolts are in compression and no where near the yield limit at any rate.

We have a stool in the shop that has bamboo seat and 4 feet that are maybe 2 inches across that works great in the dirt.
Hockey pucks are 3 1/2" across.

Drilling peg holes in legs or using screw to hold would be your choice.
The problem with peg holes are they lack a fine adjustment to eliminate rocking. A 1/2" threaded bolt is infinitely adjustable.

Again that step looks fantastic with those nice welds.
Thank you!

Dave
BSME U of M, 1972
Go Blue![/QUOTE]

But will they be safe in a hurricane as they have no handrails to hang onto in the hurricane force breezes
Old 07-05-2015, 10:19 PM   #913

Washlet Seat Install

I installed a Toto S300e washlet seat in my 2003 Fleetwood Revolution.

First I had to route electricity. I used a dedicated 20 amp circuit for the combo washer/dryer. I installed a Cooper surge suppressor in the access panel of the washer cabinet. Then routed 12 gauge romex to a receptacle I added near the toilet. There I installed a GFCI outlet. It's tamper resistant, so I won't have to put a cover on the unused plug.

The plumbing was ridiculous. Toto supplies a tee for the toilet. Standard 7/8" connections. Problem is I have 1/2" pex in the RV. And there were hardly any adapters from 7/8" to 1/2". I thought I could just use a 1/2" tee, and connect the supply from the Toto. But it had a proprietary o-ring, and wouldn't seal. So I had to use the Toto tee. So I used some pex shark fitting adapters. Don't think I have a crazy photo of that yet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	washlet 1.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	215.3 KB
ID:	99306   Click image for larger version

Name:	washlet 2.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	192.4 KB
ID:	99307  

Name:	washlet 3.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	267.5 KB
ID:	99308   Click image for larger version

Name:	washlet 4.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	165.5 KB
ID:	99309  

Name:	washlet 5.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	215.5 KB
ID:	99310   Click image for larger version

Name:	washlet 6.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	240.9 KB
ID:	99311  

Name:	washlet 7.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	193.4 KB
ID:	99312  
CaptainVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 10:23 AM   #914

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Mods to RVs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainVideo View Post
I installed a Toto S300e washlet seat in my 2003 Fleetwood Revolution.....
Wow! And they call ME the Gadget Man, LOL! That thing is the ultimate gadget. I'd love to install one, but my wife would never figure out how to use it, she's technologically challenged. She'd have it ripped back out within a matter of weeks. Good job in the install.

Craig

My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...
Gadget Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 01:14 AM   #915

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainVideo View Post
I installed a Toto S300e washlet seat in my 2003 Fleetwood Revolution.

First I had to route electricity. I used a dedicated 20 amp circuit for the combo washer/dryer. I installed a Cooper surge suppressor in the access panel of the washer cabinet. Then routed 12 gauge romex to a receptacle I added near the toilet. There I installed a GFCI outlet. It's tamper resistant, so I won't have to put a cover on the unused plug.

The plumbing was ridiculous. Toto supplies a tee for the toilet. Standard 7/8" connections. Problem is I have 1/2" pex in the RV. And there were hardly any adapters from 7/8" to 1/2". I thought I could just use a 1/2" tee, and connect the supply from the Toto. But it had a proprietary o-ring, and wouldn't seal. So I had to use the Toto tee. So I used some pex shark fitting adapters. Don't think I have a crazy photo of that yet.
Did the same on my rig! DW loves it Mine is a different brand so where did you find the Toto brand
stink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 09:06 AM   #916

Quote:
Originally Posted by stink View Post
Did the same on my rig! DW loves it Mine is a different brand so where did you find the Toto brand
Well, I blame this bidet craze on my neighbors. Their daughter was given one by her husband, and when the parents (my neighbors) went to visit and tried it out, they had to have one. I was called in to install it. Then I had to have one!
Old 07-14-2015, 09:18 AM   #917

Step Lighting

Here is my latest mod.

The light on my automatic step was weak to say the least. It was really an impulse buy as I walked though Walmart. I saw these 12 volt white LED strips. I knew instantly where I wanted to put them! Sorry, couldn't find link to product.

I installed the first one to illuminate the top step. Planning to move it, as the angle could be better if it were closer to the step. Then I decided I wanted the other step, and the ground well light as well.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_6933.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	232.1 KB
ID:	100123  
Old 07-15-2015, 07:18 AM   #918

I've been thinking of doing the same thing. Just need to find a way to power them when the step switch is set to off

🚌🚍🚌
1998 Thor Windsport 33SL on 1997 F53 chassis.
2007 Chevy Uplander TOAD.
1985 Yamaha Virago XV700

Sent from my iPad2 using iRV2 - RV Forum
Virago-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 09:01 AM   #919

Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Installed new ceiling speakers. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1436972240.146014.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	100199Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1436972283.765305.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	100200

You can see the insulation that I had to cut through to make the holes larger for the bigger speakers. (I went from a 4" speaker to a 6" full range speaker) The improvement in sound quality was substantial.
Old 07-16-2015, 12:09 AM   #920

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virago-Rider View Post
I've been thinking of doing the same thing. Just need to find a way to power them when the step switch is set to off
My Kwikee step light was wired to my porch lights switch.
That made it easier for me.

I'm wanting to install a 12 volt photocell for them now.
Old 08-26-2015, 07:52 AM   #921

By far my favorite thread. Their was a wrap around couch in our Domani main slide when we got it and it really looked great. However I am certain it was the most uncomfortable one ever built. So we yanked it out, grabbed a tape measure and went shopping. Settled on a leather couch from RTG with 2 recliners in it. Since the back was removeable it was easy to get in the 28" door and we could not be happier. Keep 'em comming.
Old 09-07-2015, 12:07 PM   #922

I have a 2015 36e bounder love the floor plan but can't figure out why it is such a small extension on the couch part of the seating could I remove that and install a sofas bed there?
And wouldn't you know, the 2016 has an option for a drop down overhead bunk which was not an option when I purchasedThink I could add that now?
drkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 08:18 AM   #923

I belong to a great site on FB but not sure admins would appreciate me posting a link to it here??
montana4two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 02:26 PM   #924

Tiffin Owners Club
Than why would you bring it up?
king yankee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rvs