Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-16-2006, 09:42 AM   #1

Right, wrong or otherwise, I had gotten the impression, over the years, that Monaco had slipped a bit. But recently, I've also gotten the impression that the quality is coming up again.

Are either of these impressions correct?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-16-2006, 09:42 AM   #2

Right, wrong or otherwise, I had gotten the impression, over the years, that Monaco had slipped a bit. But recently, I've also gotten the impression that the quality is coming up again.

Are either of these impressions correct?
Old 03-16-2006, 01:42 PM   #3

Monaco may be stretched a little thin. They own Beaver and Safari and Holiday Rambler and have just acquired R-Vision.
There may be quality issues developing in order to satisfy the stockholders.
Having said that:
They sell the Monaco Signature for $536K
the Monaco Executive for $426K
the Monaco Dynasty for $328K
and so on and so on. They sell a lot of these units and the Beaver units are in the same price range and Of course, Holiday Rambler has some georgous units as well.
And these are still not called Luxury Motor Homes!
Chet
Old 03-18-2006, 06:08 AM   #4

We have a 2001 HR Alumascape and haven't had much trouble. We had a 97 HR Alumascape and had nothing but problems for about 1.5 years. HR and our servicing dealer were very good about the repairs. I think in 97 HR was owned by Harley Davidson.

As we looked at TT's in 2001, HR seemed to offer excellent quality.

If ther are quality issues again, maybe the company is getting too big. At the IRV2 rally last summer, one of the participants had some major issues with what looked like a new Monaco coach.

I don't know anything about the MH's. We aren't interested in a MH.

Good luck.

Frank
Old 03-29-2006, 09:28 AM   #5

Nor'easters Club
My HR Ambassador has been very good quality-wise on the things that matter (Structural intergrity, driveline and all that). Small component failures have been my curse and that can happen to ANY motorcoach regardless of price.
2019 Ford F150 Limited 450hp

RVRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 10:35 AM   #6
nps

My experience with a 2005 HR TT says their quality is NOT GOOD. TV ant crank handle fell off on 2nd trip, spewing the internals into the 4 corners. Window shades hang crooked. Shower walls not securly bonded. Black tank flusher check valve installed backwards. Delam on slide wall. Swivel rocker base fell off chair. First year isn't up for another 4 months.

Getting a Jayco 5er. Will have to see if they are better - can't be worse.
nps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 05:44 PM   #7

From the comments above, looks like Monaco on the upper end is doing well. But, at the entry level as in my case, Starwood LX 5th wheel, I had a list of problems a mile long on the 1st outing. Would have to agree with the last post. Most of them quality issues.
BigVClay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 03:36 AM   #8

My Monaco Dynasty was horrible and requests for service were pitiful. Cabinets fell off the wall at 70mph spewing their contents all over the interior and breaking the Corian countertop (thought a bomb went off), slide gave problems, trims loose, drawer glides breaking, delamination of the side, suspension problems, etc, etc, etc. Gave up after 1-1/2 years and sold it.

Bob
Old 05-11-2006, 09:03 AM   #9

Our 02 HR Alumascape is a great fiver, no problems, well built, a quality unit in my book.