Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-05-2019, 09:36 PM   #57

A Montana LLC can be a legal mechanism to purchase an RV without being a sham LLC if you fit within a limited set of circumstances. If you are a full-timer and do not own a residence in another state outside of your legal domicile that allows a Montana LLC, it may work for you. For most other circumstances sited in this thread where someone is not full-timing and owns a residence outside of Montana or a state that allows a Montana LLC, it can be a bad idea.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2019, 03:21 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by davesleeve View Post
The Montana LLC arrangement is for free and clear vehicles. We tried to get our bank to allow this arrangement but no-go. I'd say finance it with your choice of lian and register it in Texas where you are buying it. We went through Bank of the West but Good Sam has a loan program too.
This is wrong information, Montana has no problem with a LLC having a LIEN your bank might. LLC's borrow money for several reason not just RV's
valland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 07:43 AM   #59

15 yrs ago we used Citizens Bank...
They may still do LLC .
litemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 06:03 PM   #60

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilemike View Post
OH MY!
You have plane tickets and vacation planned for a rig you dont even have financing for???
Have you RVed before?

Are you already familiar with the systems specific with this rig?

How are you going to outfit the rig? IE kitchen supplies, bedding, Camp chairs, table, BBQ and necessary tools, Leveling blocks, wheel chocks, clothes, toiletries, FOOD, camp reservations.

Towed?
Old 07-06-2019, 06:06 PM   #61

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Montana LLC RV Financing ISO Bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
a lot of full-timers having no other home than their rv get a montana llc. Full-timers need to register somewhere and it might as well be montana to save thousands in tax. Therefore, all those easily get insurance. No problem.

However..... The problems arise when you are living and have a home in another state. Research your state laws before pursuing this route.

The problems you hear about with a llc are not by full-timers. It's by folks who don't go by their own state's laws.

That is absolutely correct!
Old 07-06-2019, 07:04 PM   #62

Try Bank of the Ozarks they gave me a great interest rate of 5 1/2 percent and finance my Fleetwood Pace Arrow 2016 with no problems. I work with my dealer Holland Motor Homes.
jmullin54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 11:26 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmw188 View Post
Towed?
The world will never know. The OP hasn't been back since his original post.
Old 07-08-2019, 04:42 AM   #64

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowells View Post
The world will never know. The OP hasn't been back since his original post.

This happens frequently not sure why?
Old 07-10-2019, 02:01 PM   #65

MT LLC financing

I called my LLC after reading this post because I am about to upgrade as well. They said that Ally bank is on the paperwork of many of their customers. You might want to try that.
Roamfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 02:17 PM   #66

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wla7 View Post
I hope no one listens to this!
Agreed, one couple was paying monthly rental. The state of WA contended it wasn't enough and pierced the corporate veil using that. The court upheld the state and the couple is still on the run AFAIK.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 03:10 PM   #67

This seems to happen to every post about LLC's. Statements are full of heresays given mostly by those you don't have a clue about LLCs. Montana lawyers specifically tell one to check with your own state before doing anything. They're not going to counsel you for all 50 states. If you want to proceed that's up to the individual. True full-timers who have no other home? No problem. We know many full-timers who have done this for years. Thousands and thousands have a LLC legally. If it would be across the board illegal it wouldn't be done. Period. They are able to get financing. They are able to get insurance. It's up to YOU to determine if it's legal for YOU.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 08:36 PM   #68

Triple E Owners Club
Don’t know about LLC but some posters cited commercial use. I am well versed in extended warranties. Seen it hundreds of times in 20 years in the RV trade. Expensive repair estimate, warranty company sends inspector who verifies shop’s diagnosis, takes pictures of failures, license plate, vin plate, odometer, registration and lots of pictures of rig from all angles. Files his report. Adjuster reviews estimate and inspection report and pictures and denies claim because the extended service plan was purchased by John and Jane Doe but the registration is for Blue Sky Adventures, a Montana LLC. Seen claims denied because of signage on the rig (commercial use). Believe it or not, good extended warranty companies look for ways to approve the claims, there are only a handful of these companies. The others, and there are dozens of them look for ways to deny the claims. For us, what works best is to do things on the right side of the law even if it costs a few more dollars. Peaceful sleep is priceless.
Cara 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 05:49 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowells View Post
They went criminal? They must have been sending a message.
The taxpayer signed an affidavit stating that the vehicles would be removed from the state within three days of purchase. So it's possible that the case was viewed as more than just forming an LLC to avoid taxes, and slopped over into falsifying documents, which is never popular with taxing authorities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piros1 View Post
I really don’t know where the controversy that so many keep saying that the MT LLC is a scam. I have had one for a few years and don’t live there and I am not a full timer.
Then you shouldn't have a problem getting an "all clear" from your taxing authority. You can post it in this thread.

Or if you don't want to go to the trouble, you could just provide your name and address here, with the Montana license plate numbers, and I'm sure someone will take the initiative to pass it on.
oatmeal is offline   Reply With Quote