Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-29-2019, 01:45 PM   #1

Montana RV Consulting Co

Has anyone had trouble with getting their mail forwarded from their recreational holding company? My mail has not been forwarded to me. Just curious....
Tlr1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-29-2019, 04:48 PM   #2

… never heard of a 'recreational holding company and mail forwarding'. Please explain more.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 08:21 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
… never heard of a 'recreational holding company and mail forwarding'. Please explain more.
We registered our RV out of Montana through Montana RV Consulting, saved us 11k in sales tax, then they have a PO Box that your mail goes to since it is registered out of our state. there is a lot more to it, but this is basically it. You can google them and read about it. It is totally legal as others disagree, but I have 4 separate businesses that I run and my accountant said it is fine.

We had our RV burn down to the ground in January 2019 due to the Norcold refrigerator and our recall was sent to our Montana address and never forwarded to our home in IN. We have suffered the most devastating loss you could imagine. We lost everything as it was parked in our pole barn with 9 classic cars, boat, Harley and personal vehicles and my hair salon. We have been living in hell. I was just trying to reach out to others that may not be getting mail. Before anyone says the word out of their mouths — Yes, we are kicking ourselves in the butts for trying to save the 11k now, trust me you don’t have to even say it as I know many are against the recreational holding companies, but there is many that love it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	76669070-C341-481D-B166-4048D7F5CC54.jpeg
Views:	98
Size:	914.9 KB
ID:	240049   Click image for larger version

Name:	FA0583E1-E167-4760-AA54-683A8496E0F5.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	276.2 KB
ID:	240050  

Old 03-30-2019, 08:30 AM   #4

Location: From California currently traveling this great country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlr1000 View Post
We registered our RV out of Montana through Montana RV Consulting, saved us 11k in sales tax, then they have a PO Box that your mail goes to since it is registered out of our state. there is a lot more to it, but this is basically it. You can google them and read about it. It is totally legal as others disagree, but I have 4 separate businesses that I run and my accountant said it is fine.

We had our RV burn down to the ground in January 2019 due to the Norcold refrigerator and our recall was sent to our Montana address and never forwarded to our home in IN. We have suffered the most devastating loss you could imagine. We lost everything as it was parked in our pole barn with 9 classic cars, boat, Harley and personal vehicles and my hair salon. We have been living in hell. I was just trying to reach out to others that may not be getting mail. Before anyone says the word out of their mouths — Yes, we are kicking ourselves in the butts for trying to save the 11k now, trust me you don’t have to even say it as I know many are against the recreational holding companies, but there is many that love it.
I know nothing about the holding company however our hearts go out to you. Stay strong.
poppyof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 08:58 AM   #5
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Sorry for the loss. I saw your other post about this too.

My thoughts, but you won't like it. $11k vs Everything. Wasn't much of a savings.
Old 03-30-2019, 09:43 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

That's not typically a part of a Montana LLC set-up - typically they provide a legal address for the state to use in the registration paperwork. What does our contract with the company say about forwarding? Did they promise to do it in writing, or was it something mentioned in conversation at some point? Have you been providing them with a forward-to address? Mail forwarding has a cost, either as a monthly service or for each batch forwarded.

The only company by that name I can find is actually an Englewood, California company. That suggests they made arrangements with somebody else in Montana, so maybe that's how the forwarding is supposed to occur. I recall reading that one Montana mail forwarder went out of business last year.

What fridge recall occurred recently and you did not receive notice? The last one I know of was back in 2010?
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 11:50 AM   #7

So sorry for your devastating loss. What does Montana RV Consulting have to say about you not getting your mail?

If you know of a specific piece of mail not received then try contacting the company to see what address they have on file for you. I hope you made address changes with everyone you know. Mail forwarding companies (many full-timers use them) do not forward mail free. You have to pay for the service.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 12:01 PM   #8

Wow sorry about your loss! Hope you get everything figured out!
Old 03-30-2019, 08:46 PM   #9

I am confused. You bought the RV in 2004 brand new. You registered it in Montana to save on sales tax. Your mail forwarding service did not send you the Norcold recall notice? Is that the only thing they did not forward to you? They would have sent you the annual registration notice for your RV, yes? Also your insurance forms and any other mail would have been sent. Could there be recourse back to the mail service for not sending you the recall notice?
Jake21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 09:43 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
So sorry for your devastating loss. What does Montana RV Consulting have to say about you not getting your mail?

If you know of a specific piece of mail not received then try contacting the company to see what address they have on file for you. I hope you made address changes with everyone you know. Mail forwarding companies (many full-timers use them) do not forward mail free. You have to pay for the service.
Yes we pay 130.00 per year. I called Norcold and they looked up our VIN number and they said it was mailed to us at the Montana address. They are either lying or the Mail was not forwarded. Either way there is nothing that could change the outcome of our situation at this point or even the recall suit as you had to be involved in it by 2010. It was the recall for the high heat sensor, I guess. At least that is what they said at Norcold.
Old 03-30-2019, 09:52 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR View Post
Sorry for the loss. I saw your other post about this too.

My thoughts, but you won't like it. $11k vs Everything. Wasn't much of a savings.
It was until it burned down! AND trust me, I realize that as I already mentioned that. I don’t think it takes a rocket scientist to see that assessment!

There are tons of people that registered their RVs with recreation holding companies. My point in my post was just to see if anyone had any trouble getting their mail forwarded or really to hear comments to rub it in my face about me and my family losing everything!! I hope you never have a tragedy like this in your life and if you ever do, then I hope people don’t make comments like this to you.
Old 03-30-2019, 09:58 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake21 View Post
I am confused. You bought the RV in 2004 brand new. You registered it in Montana to save on sales tax. Your mail forwarding service did not send you the Norcold recall notice? Is that the only thing they did not forward to you? They would have sent you the annual registration notice for your RV, yes? Also your insurance forms and any other mail would have been sent. Could there be recourse back to the mail service for not sending you the recall notice?
Yes we got registration etc. but insurance does not apply there. I am only going by what Norcold told me as they said they mailed it to the address in Montana per there records. They could be lying, who knows. BUT I do do know one thing, we even have it looked over each year and not one person at the RV service centers mentioned a recall. That is just pure craziness. NOT ONE TIME we have had the RV since brand new and it NEVER was mentioned!
Old 03-30-2019, 09:58 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Spartan Chassis
The legalities around manufacturer recalls is so greasy!

Such BS. We sent you a letter and we feel that absolves us if any liability. Such a crock!!!
Old 03-30-2019, 10:00 PM   #14

So sorry for your loss. Please tell me your insurance covered
Tmyz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
montana