Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-18-2013, 05:46 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have contacted the CEO about the never ending emails and junk mail, and the poor service and lack of parking at the "local" Camping World. Never received a reply about either.

I shouldn't have to go to rvnet dot com to get a reply as I emailed him directly from the CW site.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-18-2013, 08:01 PM   #16

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I find that the CW in Rogers Minn to be nice and had good service. I had two window shades installed. I think they did a great job, even when I ordered the wrong size for one of the windows the service guy got right on the phone To Carefree and had the correct size made and shipped in less than a week and it was N/C even though I ordered the wrong size.
I found there prices are lower than one of there larger size competitors.
JMO Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:04 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO Pilot View Post
I have contacted the CEO about the never ending emails and junk mail, and the poor service and lack of parking at the "local" Camping World. Never received a reply about either.

I shouldn't have to go to rvnet dot com to get a reply as I emailed him directly from the CW site.
The email address I have is: mlemonis@campingworldrv.com

The GS website has a provision to stop virtually all snail mail from them or "associate business'". It is a small check-box, I forget which page though. Or you may phone them with your complaint. It worked very well for me, the only mail I receive is what I request.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:10 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have opted out, checked boxes, sent emails, phoned them and every other option suggested. Nothing helps, I received 3 junk mailers from them on Saturday.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:42 PM   #19

Camping World succeeds despite it self! We have been to no less than a dozen across the country including our local store in Golden Colorado. We now vote with our wallet and use Wal-Mart for camping supplies and a local RV parts store or the internet for everything else. We were even going to buy our coach from them but opted out of the purchase because of how we were treated by the sales manager.
G6driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:50 PM   #20

We have had good experiences with CW in both Nashville TN and Ocala FL. The only disappointment was the expensive but crappy poor quality ice-maker what died soon after the warranty ran out. We only used it 3 months. We replaced it with one for half the price we paid CW at WalMart. Speaking of WalMart, the large superstores now carry camping and RVing stuff as so some of the larger K-Mart stores.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:00 PM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Our local store has pretty good stock, plenty of parking, and a clean store...but NEVER HAS ENOUGH SALES STAFF for the traffic of customers, IMHO.

I have been there at morning, mid-day and night...always the same thing. There is typically 1 person on the cash register and 1 or 2 on the service desk.

Because of this, I go to Wal*Mart for their RV stuff and order on-line for other stuff if I can...but sometime the part is needed sooner than later. So, I just wait.

Of course many customers are no help - starting arguements with the poor cashier about why thier club membership seems to have expired -but they still want the club price.....aaarrrrgggg!

I guess this is not just a CW issue...short staffing has become a business model.

Safe travels
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 11:19 PM   #22

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
In 2000 or so we had CW replace a 400 watt inverter with a 2,500 watt one. Paid a hefty price for them to do it too figuring they would know how to do it. Turns out they didn't! Ended up that I could run EVERYTHING (including the heat pumps) off the battery bank for a short time till the batteries got too low to run anything. Then there was the fact that the refer no longer cut over to gas when off the grid. Had to remember to do it manually. I've never been back for any kind of service or install since then. I have bought a few things, but only on sale and we're charter lifetime GS members too.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 07:18 AM   #23

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
In 2000 or so we had CW replace a 400 watt inverter with a 2,500 watt one. Paid a hefty price for them to do it too figuring they would know how to do it. Turns out they didn't! Ended up that I could run EVERYTHING (including the heat pumps) off the battery bank for a short time till the batteries got too low to run anything. Then there was the fact that the refer no longer cut over to gas when off the grid. Had to remember to do it manually. I've never been back for any kind of service or install since then. I have bought a few things, but only on sale and we're charter lifetime GS members too.
Man - O - Man, I would have been back there in a heart beat that could lead to a costly repair bill, or a funeral. Yes-No?
I expect to get what I pay for, no more no less. That's for anything.
It usually only takes once.
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 07:27 AM   #24
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
A lot of junk mail will usually come with a self addressed/prepaid envelope from the sender so you can reply to tremendous offers from them. I pack the envelope(s) as full as possible with the junk they sent and mail it back.
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 07:36 AM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
In general, the customer service experience from CW has not been all that good. Last time I had some simple work done to get a awning repaired under Xrta Ride warranty, they really messed it up. The work was OK, other than the fact I wanted the canopy replaced with a woven plastic and they stuck on a plastic canopy. It took like 3 weeks to get them to get the clearance from Xtra ride, then they had to order the parts. It took about 6 weeks to get the repairs made.

When it was finally ready, I told the service manager that I would be by about 4:40 PM to pick it up on a given day. All was OK he said. I arrived and they could not find the paper work. Then it took 30 minutes to get it pulled up front, but they could not find the keys. I finally tracked down the store manager and he called the service manger at home...no wonder they could not find him. He told them where the keys might be and they managed to find them and recreate the paperwork.

90 minutes later I got to hook up the trailer and leave.

Most of the people there do not have a clue....this was the Katy Texas store.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:44 AM   #26

When I need something NOW and it is on the shelf, I love CW. The sale prices on many common items we have purchased have beat the pant off of online shops.

I have had good service at good CWs, but I do research ahead of time. This applies to many chain businesses, like restaurants (no, not fast food). How things go depends on the management.

Rogers, MN and Swedeford, NJ have my recommendation.

Research more. Bash less.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:13 AM   #27

camping world

Sorry to hear about your experience. I have been to camping world in Mesa twice in the last 2 weeks and they could not have been better experiences. They have someone roaming the isles who will ask if you need assistance and the parts counter immediately asked if I could be helped. The check out was very helpful and quick. Maybe it's not camping world but the attitude of the manager on down who needs bashing. As stated earlier perhaps you should have requested a conversation with the manager who may not be aware of the negative attitude of his employees.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:49 AM   #28

Tiffin Owners Club
It is not Camping World per se, it is the store manager's fault IMHO. These days there are bad employees everywhere who care absolutely nothing for the customer. If the manager lets it happen, customers will leave and go elsewhere. Same for the repair and installation departments where the Managers don't do their job and hire qualified technicians. That is why some have good experiences and a lot have bad ones. I have been to good and bad Camping World stores around the US. Some I will never go back to. I have found the prices to be high at Camping World but sometimes I will buy a part because I am close to a store and I need it right then. It is when I have to have something shipped to me that I avoid CW because they rip you off with shipping for sure.
Melmoses is offline   Reply With Quote