Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-19-2013, 01:13 PM   #29

Forest River Owners Club
When it came time to buy our TT earlier this year, (after much internet browsing) the DW and I went to a local, independant dealer one Saturday morning. Our salesman there was great. He spent over 2 hours with us showing different units and explaining options and basic functions of many TTs. We left there and went to the local CW. After explaining to the salesman what we were looking for, what our budget was, and what our TV could handle, he spent 20 minutes showing us crap. The used TTs were discusting. Mold in the refrigerators, broken door handles and cabinet doors, a dinette that wasn't properly assembled. He then left us in his office for 10 minutes to look up a price on a unit (he came back $2000 higher than the web price). The one thing we left there knowing was that we would not buy a TT from them. We ended up buying one from the local independant dealer and made a point to tell the manager that one reason we bought from them was the time and knowledge that the salesman shared with us.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-19-2013, 03:28 PM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC2 View Post
A lot of junk mail will usually come with a self addressed/prepaid envelope from the sender so you can reply to tremendous offers from them. I pack the envelope(s) as full as possible with the junk they sent and mail it back.
I now stuff their return postage paid envelopes with as much junk as possible and a note to remove me from their mailing lists. I was told that the return postage they pay is based on weight so I try and fill them with as much junk as possible. I also do the same thing to Citi Bank and a couple of others. It doesn't help but it makes me feel better!

UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:22 PM   #31

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO Pilot View Post
I have contacted the CEO about the never ending emails and junk mail, and the poor service and lack of parking at the "local" Camping World. Never received a reply about either.

I shouldn't have to go to rvnet dot com to get a reply as I emailed him directly from the CW site.

Maybe its just me, but I find it very odd that one should have to contact the CEO of any organization the size of Camping World, to take care of such trivial matters. I would think that if the CEO would put more effort into organizing the origanization, he would have more time to for his executive role in the company, and could leave the trivial matters to those hired or appointed to do so. I like UFO Pilot, stuff all the garbage mail into the stamped return envelopes and send it back with a note asking to be removed from their mailing list, no success so far either. JMHO, YMMV.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:38 PM   #32

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Can a few of you comment on why junk mail bothers you so much? I like most people get my fair share of it but I don't give it a second thought. If i'm not interested in it, I put it in the circular file. Why would you let something so trivial get your blood pressure up let alone go through all the trouble and expense of mailing stuff back to them. I just don't get it. Is it the company you get it from or junk mail in general? My company spends a bunch of money on direct mail campaigns and if i'm upsetting a lot of people, I'd like to know why.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:07 PM   #33

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Here's my CW story (another one )

2618 Music Valley Dr
Nashville, TN 37214
(615) 883-1369 Camping World

Went in here for some parts. I stood in line waiting for my turn. The long haired dude that seemed to be the parts guy finished with the customer in front of me and then walked off to another counter. After standing there for awhile, I asked some of the guys sitting in front of their computers, if they were parts guys, no, they were service guys and pointed at long haired dude. Long haired dude was now sitting at a computer in the service area. I asked long haired dude if he was the parts guy ?
That seemed to annoy long haired dude, he gave me a very annoyed look and said yes !! I gave him the shurflo part number and was told they don' t stock it. Long haired dude went back to his computer and I left having had another fine day at CW !!!
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:08 PM   #34

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The reason for my dislike either isn't material to the discussion. Just like telemarketers, if I ask you to stop, you should stop.

That being said ,one of the major reasons is the possibility of identity theft due to the amount of personal info on some junk mail. If you fill my mailbox with junk mail or my email with spam, I will not purchase whatever you are selling.

That's just my opinion, yours may vary.

Old 11-22-2013, 11:47 PM   #35

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I can see a telemarketer being intrusive. There is actual interaction, interruption and much time wasted. Junkmail is none of the above. Don't like it, throw it out. Im looking for the actual reasons why? As far as a sales flyer from a business goes, there is no information other than name and address so identity theft is a non issue.
Old 11-23-2013, 12:07 AM   #36

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have to sort thru all of the junk to get to the actual mail. Some of the mailings are even made to seem "official". Why should I have to sort thru 10 pieces of junk mail to see what is real? CW and some banks are the worst offenders as there is something in the mail box almost every day from them.

Old 11-23-2013, 12:39 AM   #37

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I understand. Trust me Im not trying to bother you, I'm trying to get some info so as not to offend my customers. We send out maybe one mailer every other month which I don't think is excessive. Direct mail is very expensive. You pay for mailing lists, printing and postage. Most places are going to email blasts. Basically a free way to advertise. I do hate sorting through junk email but I do look forward to some of it like CW monthly flyer. I do like looking through the gadgets I can add to my MH. Thanks for your opinion!
Old 11-23-2013, 05:02 AM   #38

I despise any unwanted, unsolicited mail in my box. I have on many occasions missed important mail because it had slipped in between multi-page leaflets and junk coupon flyers. The USPS talks a good game about how to help eliminate junk mail such as in this article: Stopping Unsolicited Mail, Phone Calls, and Email | Consumer Information however if it weren't for the Direct marketing spammers keeping the USPS afloat, the post office would have nothing left to deliver except bills (which is dwindling quickly due to online bill receiving and paying) and certified/registered mailings.
Old 11-23-2013, 05:34 AM   #39

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
From a earlier post in this thread.

Quote:
Yeah, you're right....but unfortunately it's not just them. I think that "customer service" is a Joke in most places now!! It used to be that businesses valued the customer, but now it seems as though they're a "bother" to them.
I find this a lot now a days. There is those 50% of the companies out there that have employees who understand, without the customer (That's me !!) you don't get a paycheck. So they see to your needs what ever they may be. Might be that $2 part that takes 5 minutes to explain what it is needed for, or a $1000 accessory for some thing.

Then there is the other 50% who think the customer (Hey that's me again) are all a pain in the hinny. They would rather get back to texting their dudes, talking to their co-workers about their girlfriend / boyfriend problems or when is quitting time.

~~** One that really erks me is when I call a "800" number and try to get to a live person...Around and around I go in their directory menu, some times I have to make two or three laps and if I'm lucky enough to get a English speaking person, they patch me off to that persons "voice mail". No No !!! I just want to ask a question...too late...voice mail it is. Sorry this voice mailbox is full try again later.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 11:27 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superslif View Post

~~** One that really erks me is when I call a "800" number and try to get to a live person...Around and around I go in their directory menu, some times I have to make two or three laps and if I'm lucky enough to get a English speaking person, they patch me off to that persons "voice mail". No No !!! I just want to ask a question...too late...voice mail it is. Sorry this voice mailbox is full try again later.
Nature of the beast. Most call centres even those based in USA and Canada are outsourced. Even those that are company owned are off site. A person with a years experience is at the top of the seniority list. The employee is trained to a script or may luiterrally be fed their script via computer screen (they select yes/no from a screen. Call centres do not verse their employees in the product or service, the "training" is literally PowerPoint slides. Coaching is telling employees they are valued but did this wrong. Customer service is taught upsell and short call time = customer satisfaction. They have a department literally to monitor employees. Supervisors usually do not have more education then the ones on the phone, duties are divided into tiers or departments, they do not allow reps to handle more then a limited scope of duties. You will never be handed to management. Management is usually physically separated. Its a system designed to not help the customer. They have it down pat.
Old 11-23-2013, 11:35 AM   #41

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck 1935 View Post
Here's my CW story (another one )

2618 Music Valley Dr
Nashville, TN 37214
(615) 883-1369 Camping World

Went in here for some parts. I stood in line waiting for my turn. The long haired dude that seemed to be the parts guy finished with the customer in front of me and then walked off to another counter. After standing there for awhile, I asked some of the guys sitting in front of their computers, if they were parts guys, no, they were service guys and pointed at long haired dude. Long haired dude was now sitting at a computer in the service area. I asked long haired dude if he was the parts guy ?
That seemed to annoy long haired dude, he gave me a very annoyed look and said yes !! I gave him the shurflo part number and was told they don' t stock it. Long haired dude went back to his computer and I left having had another fine day at CW !!!
Hello Chuck, along with Camping World I can see that you don't care much for long hair neither.......
Old 11-23-2013, 11:53 AM   #42

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoracing View Post
I understand. Trust me Im not trying to bother you, I'm trying to get some info so as not to offend my customers. We send out maybe one mailer every other month which I don't think is excessive. Direct mail is very expensive. You pay for mailing lists, printing and postage. Most places are going to email blasts. Basically a free way to advertise. I do hate sorting through junk email but I do look forward to some of it like CW monthly flyer. I do like looking through the gadgets I can add to my MH. Thanks for your opinion!
Once a month doesn't bother me, it is the almost every day, sometimes 3 in the same day ones that irritate me.

As I said before, when I ask you to stop sending stuff you should stop. I shouldn't have to deal with the CEO of a company over unwanted junk mail. Just my opinion, yours may differ.