Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-24-2013, 10:32 AM   #43
Senior Member
 
PyrateSilly's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO Pilot View Post
Once a month doesn't bother me, it is the almost every day, sometimes 3 in the same day ones that irritate me.

As I said before, when I ask you to stop sending stuff you should stop. I shouldn't have to deal with the CEO of a company over unwanted junk mail. Just my opinion, yours may differ.
Unwanted junk mail? They just showcased an app on the news ---- https://www.paperkarma.com/ ---- it's supposed to work real well. Not tried it myself since we have a mail forwarding service and they just throw out all junk mail so we never see it anyway.
__________________

__________________
Thom and Christine having fun in a 1993 Monaco Crown Royale Signature Series 40ft 300hp RV. Towing a Fiat 500 Abarth and a Harley.
Our blogged repairs and travels
PyrateSilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2013, 05:10 PM   #44
Senior Member
 
Bucksmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 314
Love paperkarma. Highly recommended.
__________________

__________________
Bucksmom
2008 Dynamax Dynaquest,
a good man who puts up with me, and Buck and Bull the wonderdogs.
Bucksmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 05:41 PM   #45
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 140
bashing CW

If the junk mail bothers you so much then just through it out in the trash. Some like to be informed of specials and offers that may help out in their pursuit of equipment they require. CW is not the only source of junk mail I hope you can comprehend this. Also if you have had a bad experience with them then do not just walk out but go to the manager of the outlet and place a formal complaint which I am sure will be addressed. All the whining and crying is becoming a pain in the you know what. By the way I do not have any connection to CW other than being a satisfied customer.
__________________
Dennis and Lorraine, old at camping only:
Denlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:42 AM   #46
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 733
I love their sales flyer. I sit and compare their prices with Amazon. I have yet to see CW offer a great sales price on anything. Even their $29 installation is a joke. I like the other RV dealer ads. "We repair $29 installations". When CW started out in the 80 it was an awesome business. Their only competitor was mom and pop RV dealers. CW had free hook ups at some of their stores and great service. Then Marcus Leonis became CEO. He has driven CW in debt due to poor management. Now they have a merger with GS. He is doing the same thing with GS. Look at the recent posts on RV net about GS ERS. Very slow and poor response on GS ERS. Mr Leonis has cut the tow contract rates so much a tow truck driver old me unless it is an easy tow they they won't respond anymore. Most responses are only during working hours if business is slow. JMHO. Check some of the posts on RV net about all of this stuff.
__________________
wyorancher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:08 PM   #47
Senior Member
 
UFO Pilot's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sonoma County, CA
Posts: 4,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denlor View Post
If the junk mail bothers you so much then just through it out in the trash. Some like to be informed of specials and offers that may help out in their pursuit of equipment they require. CW is not the only source of junk mail I hope you can comprehend this. Also if you have had a bad experience with them then do not just walk out but go to the manager of the outlet and place a formal complaint which I am sure will be addressed. All the whining and crying is becoming a pain in the you know what. By the way I do not have any connection to CW other than being a satisfied customer.
Take your own advice and ignore these posts and throw them in the trash. You don't have to read them.
__________________
Wayne & Roberta and Maggie the Miracle Dog
08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis
Making the Journey in our Destination

UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 07:22 PM   #48
Senior Member
 
djbmsu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Charlotte Harbor, FL
Posts: 1,806
I cannot imagine that the CEO at CW has much time for managing at all. The complaints surely must occupy most of his time. The last visit I had at a CW was in 2011 when I bought a new MH and received a 2 yr CW President Club Card. When I shopped at CW and went to pay they asked me for...... my Good Sam card telling me my PCC was no good. I said it was in the coach and she said "well you need it" I said what is this NEW PCC for she said its no good anymore. I said goodby, left about $300 in merchandise in the basket and smiled and left. Haven't been back.
__________________
Don and Nancy
[2014 40QBH Phaeton, 2015 Buick Enclave, 2yr old sisters Sara n Kaycee, Havanese, Two Segways
djbmsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:37 PM   #49
Senior Member
 
osok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 766
If CW and GS are both ran the same then I made a mistake. Here is part of the email I received from GS after joining on 11-14-13.

We’re so excited to have you as a new member of the Good Sam family. Your enrollment has been received and is being processed at our membership processing center.

We will email you within 48 hours with your new member number along with your temporary membership card. Once received, you will be able to take advantage of all of your Good Sam discounts including 10% off at all Good Sam RV Parks and club pricing at Camping World. Look for your permanent membership card along with your member handbook to arrive within 3 weeks as part of your Member Welcome Kit
.

That email was 11 days ago and I've received no other emails or member number!! But my credit card was charged. Now I know how to stop getting all kinds of emails from them. At day 21 I will call to cancel if I have not received permanent member card.
__________________
2016 Dutch Star 4369
osok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 05:13 AM   #50
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 733
Probably be 6 weeks before you receive a membership card. You can probably get an e mailed copy in 21 days. They have never been known for their speed.
__________________
wyorancher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:05 AM   #51
Senior Member
 
SeeTheUSA's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,454
Nearly every time we go to Camping World, the parking lot is almost full and shoppers abound. Now it seems it is generally known you could find nearly any item for less, somewhere . . . but just where . . . besides I want it now . . . and I didn't know I needed it until I saw it.

It also seems it is generally known many have experienced service issues, so most seem pretty wary and keep a close eye on the process . . . but I could say about the same for nearly any car service establishment . . . it hasn't changed much in the 50 years or so I've had need for vehicular servicing.

To summarize, I think Camping World fills a niche . . . I hope they stay around . . . and I'll remain diligent when any service needs arise so I have some prospect of getting what I pay for . . . and that is true for any service situation, vehicular or otherwise. I always remember it is my money I'm spending.

Now for the junk mail issue, I'm confident my government will go to work to eliminate that (plus I'm hopeful they'll stop the louder commercials on TV) once they get a few other problems solved, they're doing so well, right? . . . there will no doubt be a fully-functioning user-friendly website to simply opt-out. There's already a good template . . . the Do-Not-Call thing is working so well.
__________________
Warren and Debbie, Deep in The Heart of Texas, 2018 Winnebago View 24D
2014 Tiffin Breeze 32BR, 2012 Winnebago Navion 24G, 2006 Winnebago View 23H
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 05:48 PM   #52
Senior Member
 
palehorse89's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by osok View Post
If CW and GS are both ran the same then I made a mistake. Here is part of the email I received from GS after joining on 11-14-13.

We’re so excited to have you as a new member of the Good Sam family. Your enrollment has been received and is being processed at our membership processing center.

We will email you within 48 hours with your new member number along with your temporary membership card. Once received, you will be able to take advantage of all of your Good Sam discounts including 10% off at all Good Sam RV Parks and club pricing at Camping World. Look for your permanent membership card along with your member handbook to arrive within 3 weeks as part of your Member Welcome Kit.

That email was 11 days ago and I've received no other emails or member number!! But my credit card was charged. Now I know how to stop getting all kinds of emails from them. At day 21 I will call to cancel if I have not received permanent member card.
If you use rv.net (goodsam fourm) go over there and post about not receiving your card yet and you will receive it within a week,
Option 2= call your card company....stop payment..... call Goodsam and cancel.
Option3= In the email you received your membership #...... go to goodsam web site log on, go to your account and print a temp. copy of your membership card.
__________________
2000 Newmar MADP 4060, 350ISC, Spartan MM, IFS 2011 Jeep JK, M&G Braking, 2014 MTI 27' Hog Hauler, Wireless brake control, 2006Ultra & 1989 Springer
palehorse89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:38 PM   #53
Member
 
Borderbuster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NW Washington State
Posts: 73
I am not affiliated with Camping World in any way.
Our CW store is about 50 miles south of where we live. This is the only place within 100 miles where you can find just about anything you might want or need for your RV.
Sure, the prices are not the best you can get, and sometimes a sales person may grate on your nerves, but the alternative is to shop at a hundred different stores that may or not have what you are looking for.
When I need a vent cover or a tube of sealant, an electrical fitting or pipe fitting more often than not they will have it, and I don't have to drive all over looking for it.
Bigger ticket items such as tires, awnings, barbeques, hitches, etc. I will price at CW and if too high will buy elsewhere unless CW offers a competitive price.
So I don't know if this is a for or against CW, I only know I like wandering up and down the aisles, seeing things I didn't even know I needed.
__________________
Randy, Karen and a couple of mangy cats
93 Hawkins 36DP, 03 Explorer
Borderbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:47 PM   #54
Senior Member
 
CampDaven's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fulltime, USA
Posts: 14,464
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borderbuster View Post
I am not affiliated with Camping World in any way. Our CW store is about 50 miles south of where we live. This is the only place within 100 miles where you can find just about anything you might want or need for your RV. Sure, the prices are not the best you can get, and sometimes a sales person may grate on your nerves, but the alternative is to shop at a hundred different stores that may or not have what you are looking for. When I need a vent cover or a tube of sealant, an electrical fitting or pipe fitting more often than not they will have it, and I don't have to drive all over looking for it. Bigger ticket items such as tires, awnings, barbeques, hitches, etc. I will price at CW and if too high will buy elsewhere unless CW offers a competitive price. So I don't know if this is a for or against CW, I only know I like wandering up and down the aisles, seeing things I didn't even know I needed.
You have accurately summarized what CW is to me and many of my friends.
Thanks!
__________________
Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 06:12 AM   #55
Senior Member
 
osok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 766
Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
If you use rv.net (goodsam fourm) go over there and post about not receiving your card yet and you will receive it within a week,
Option 2= call your card company....stop payment..... call Goodsam and cancel.
Option3= In the email you received your membership #...... go to goodsam web site log on, go to your account and print a temp. copy of your membership card.
Option 1= Why should I have to chase after them to get them to do what they said they would do.
Option 2= you can not just call card company to stop payment. You must file a written claim about not receiving what you paid for and then they check it out.
Option 3= The email I received had no member number. The email said I would receive the number in another email in 48 hrs., which I've not received and it's now 13 days.

I'm trying to be fair and wait 21 days to see if I receive member packet as they said I would. If not then I will call GS and cancel membership never received but paid for.
__________________
2016 Dutch Star 4369
osok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 07:38 AM   #56
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 678
Quote:
Originally Posted by osok View Post

Option 1= Why should I have to chase after them to get them to do what they said they would do.
Option 2= you can not just call card company to stop payment. You must file a written claim about not receiving what you paid for and then they check it out.
Option 3= The email I received had no member number. The email said I would receive the number in another email in 48 hrs., which I've not received and it's now 13 days.

I'm trying to be fair and wait 21 days to see if I receive member packet as they said I would. If not then I will call GS and cancel membership never received but paid for.
In CW's defence try to name a major corporation whose member services have been delayed. I've had to visit the ministry of transport to get my renewed licence when it didn't come before the 30 day temporary expired, I've had airline points card with 4 letters of my last name misspelt, i've stayed at a not to cheap w hotel not post points for an eligible stay, then argue that a AAA discount of 5% voids the point when other hotels have posted points for fat greater discounts, as long as its not a third party booking like Expedia they are supposed to give points. Things get lost in the shuffle sometimes you need to take corrective action. You shouldn't have to especially when you spent premium for a product but you do sometimes. Have since switched to Hilton embassy suites for example, larger room, drinks, breakfast, no parking fee etc. You can clean up their mess or you can evaluate and take your business to an equivalent competitor its your call to deternine what's best for you. What may be best for me or your wife's husband may nor be best for you, the latter is a joke btw,
__________________

__________________
FREG/P under 45', over 300 hp under 600 lb ft torque.
OrngTrillium is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.