Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-27-2013, 09:41 AM   #57

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Best thing about shopping at CW is if you don't like them, DON'T Go there! Personally I prefer independent places better. But, smaller places usually don't have the selection of parts and supplies. Your choice, go and put up with service or go some place else. isn't AMERICA Great. safe travels...ed
EDALLSAILS is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2013, 09:46 AM   #58

Monaco Owners Club
We get most of our parts at auto parts stores and Lowe's or Home Depot and Target. Just about any other store but CW. The other stores are much closer and usually much cheaper. Yes ours is DP but most of the parts of the engine are the same as normal vehicles. As for any plumbing or other stuff we just go with residential and it's usually made with something other than plastic and lasts much longer.
Old 11-27-2013, 02:30 PM   #59

I have had 2 experiences with Camping World and both were negative. In an Arkansas store 3 clerks were sitting on stools at the back of the store letting a employee who had only worked there 2 days, handle all the customers. Even more concerning was the fact that one of the guys sitting on a stool was making out with his girlfriend! My second experience had to do with a product review. Camping World never allowed it to appear under the product. Apparently they only want reviews for expensive items that are at least a 3 or above. When I contacted them they denied that they deleted my review. Thus I wrote a second time and again it wasn't put up. This company will be avoided by me in the future.
Barndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 02:40 PM   #60

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by osok View Post
Option 1= Why should I have to chase after them to get them to do what they said they would do.
Option 2= you can not just call card company to stop payment. You must file a written claim about not receiving what you paid for and then they check it out.
Option 3= The email I received had no member number. The email said I would receive the number in another email in 48 hrs., which I've not received and it's now 13 days.

I'm trying to be fair and wait 21 days to see if I receive member packet as they said I would. If not then I will call GS and cancel membership never received but paid for.
1- don't chase them , don't call, don't email them, let the water boil
2 - Yes you can, if you got charged for anything and did not receive it, I call, they put the charge in dispute, tell me to take the amount off my bill.
3 - Your decision, end this when you want.
Old 12-03-2013, 01:10 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO Pilot View Post
I have opted out, checked boxes, sent emails, phoned them and every other option suggested. Nothing helps, I received 3 junk mailers from them on Saturday.
My email has a feature to block incoming by address. I gave up advising corp HQ about poor service. If I am not being served properly, I ask for someone who can help me with the right attitude-never fails to get their attention, especially on the phone with a CSR. I ask for a supervisor, wakes them up.
Rusty years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:30 PM   #62

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty years View Post
I gave up advising corp HQ about poor service. If I am not being served properly, I ask for someone who can help me with the right attitude-never fails to get their attention, especially on the phone with a CSR. I ask for a supervisor, wakes them up.
In my case that really isn't an option. My wife hates it when I complain. Also when I go into a store to buy something I have neither the time nor the desire to correct their behavior and training shortcomings. When I pay for a service I rightfully expect the service.
-
It's hardly unreasonable to expect that a store with CW's resources can't manage their sales force better than that. They have established a national reputation for rude and incompetent service. The problem isn't with the low wage floor worker, it's systemic to the entire organization when the bulk of its customers across the country perceive them it that way.

(Snowbirds in Reverse)
Winnebago Chieftain / Ford Hybrid Toad
Raining Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:37 PM   #63

In our two years of RVing, we have had experiences with multiple CW's- Minneapolis, Nashville, Orlando, and Cedar Falls, Iowa to name a few. Had them install our satellite dish on our DP. Good job competently done at reasonable price.

While overnighting in Nashville next door to CW, could not break camp when levelers would not retract. Waited for CW to open, went to Service and asked for them to send tech/mechanic over to repair- 150 yards away. They couldn't- their insurance didn't cover off-premises work. Although initially very disappointed (pissed) I realized that made sense, and they were kind enough to recommend a mobile tech who responded and did good work.

Like any other large chain, you can find some times of poor service and you can find many lower prices at other places. Many times at WM I have found bad/no service. If I want deluxe service I will go to Nieman-Marcus (and pay their prices..). However, all in all, I find CW convenient and well-stocked, and yes, many times I will pay their somewhat premium prices because of their one-stop shop RVing inventory.

As for their flyers, if I have the time, I will look through them- maybe there is something that would fit our needs- just as I look through the Craftsman tool flyers. Might learn something...

Finally, for those who pick apart and trash CW based on relatively small samples, then please please don't ever attend a CW grand opening. I did attend the one a month ago in Cedar Falls, Iowa. Had the opportunity to meet Mr. Lemonis up front and in person. An event like I have never seen before and will likely never see again. From what I saw that evening CW certainly will receive a very big benefit of my doubt for a very long time in the future......

And no, I do not have any relationship whatsoever to CW....
Plastx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:07 PM   #64

Winnebago Owners Club
Well said, Plastx.
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:28 PM   #65

Gosh, hate to remind you people but it has been Marcus Leonis that has been driving CW down. CW was an awesome company before he took over. Now he is doing the same for GS. I just sit back and watch his destructive forces. Will it be a slow downward spiral? Yep. Like Sears, JCPenneys etc. People will still walk in and buy things. People still go into Sears and pay more for things. It is a slow painful death for these companies. They are old has been managers trying to compete with the young tech savy CEOs that are far ahead in computer technology. JMHO
wyorancher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:58 PM   #66

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have been to the CW in Island Lake Il. and found them pleasant to deal with. Although I have never shopped there for a coach, I have frequented their accessory showroom and parts counter. I found both to be well stocked and had a great time going up and down the aisles looking at accessories and finding some that I didn't even know I needed but walked out with. Their parts counter person was knowledgable, quick and pleasant. The best was the cashier. She was a woman I would say in her fifties and you could tell she either had great training or really loved her job. Even gave me a coupon for ten bucks off when no such special was going on. She was just as nice the next week when I came in again. I find most of their prices inline with everyone else and I like going there because its one stop shopping. Cant speak for all of them but this store was a pleasure! And no, I don't have any affiliation with CW.
Old 12-07-2013, 07:39 PM   #67

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I love Camping World. Good inventory, pleasant folks on the registers and staff willing to help. If it gets any more involved such as special orders, they never seem to know if it was ordered or wether or not it has arrived. That's when it gets dicey. Their BLOWOUT sales are also a bit of a giggle.
Other than these few things , I do enjoy walking the aisles to see if there is something I can 't live without . It's fun and it's all under one roof.
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:04 PM   #68

I have always received good service from CW, in Mesa, AZ
muelldawg is offline   Reply With Quote