Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-18-2013, 10:14 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
More Camping World bashing

After waiting at the parts counter at the Avondale, Az Camping World for more than 20 minutes, hearing only promises of "I'll be right back" or "someone will be right with you" etc. I just gave up and left. Even though I was the only person at the parts counter, and there were only about three people in the store, all the staff were too unconcerned to take a minute.
-
One good thing, it did give me time to check my smart phone and find the pasts I needed cheaper at their competitor's website, and even enough time to place my order. Left the store without ever being helped. Explained my experience on the way out to the young lady at the welcome desk, who did sincerely apologize.
-
Next time I'll save the drive and start with their competitor. Oh, how the mighty have fallen. Was it really that long ago when Camping World was a fun, friendly place?

(Snowbirds in Reverse)
Winnebago Chieftain / Ford Hybrid Toad
Raining Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-18-2013, 10:19 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raining Star View Post
After waiting at the parts counter at the Avondale, Az Camping World for more than 20 minutes, hearing only promises of "I'll be right back" or "someone will be right with you" etc. I just gave up and left. Even though I was the only person at the parts counter, and there were only about three people in the store, all the staff were too unconcerned to take a minute. - One good thing, it did give me time to check my smart phone and find the pasts I needed cheaper at their competitor's website, and even enough time to place my order. Left the store without ever being helped. Explained my experience on the way out to the young lady at the welcome desk, who did sincerely apologize. - Next time I'll save the drive and start with their competitor. Oh, how the mighty have fallen. Was it really that long ago when Camping World was a fun, friendly place?
You're a petter man than me. I would have found it impossible to leave without have a very direct conversation with the store manage with a follow up email factually detailing to experience to higher authority.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:44 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raining Star View Post
After waiting at the parts counter at the Avondale, Az Camping World for more than 20 minutes, hearing only promises of "I'll be right back" or "someone will be right with you" etc. I just gave up and left. Even though I was the only person at the parts counter, and there were only about three people in the store, all the staff were too unconcerned to take a minute.
-
One good thing, it did give me time to check my smart phone and find the pasts I needed cheaper at their competitor's website, and even enough time to place my order. Left the store without ever being helped. Explained my experience on the way out to the young lady at the welcome desk, who did sincerely apologize.
-
Next time I'll save the drive and start with their competitor. Oh, how the mighty have fallen. Was it really that long ago when Camping World was a fun, friendly place?

Yeah, you're right....but unfortunately it's not just them. I think that "customer service" is a Joke in most places now!! It used to be that businesses valued the customer, but now it seems as though they're a "bother" to them.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:51 AM   #4

I would visit www.rv.net and go to the discussion forum, there are threads at the top, one supposedly is answered directly by the CEO of Camping World, Marcus. Post your comment there
missourijan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 11:05 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
And the employee said, "This would be a great job if it wasn't for all these darn customers bothering me."
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 03:21 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
It seems to me banging on Camping World has become a bit of a past time.

As for me, the folks at the Camping World I frequent (Denton, TX) are quite friendly and helpful. Kevin behind the counter, in particular, has provided me good help, good advice and many a pleasant "howdy." Maybe I'm just lucky. I hope my good luck continues. I don't have much experience at other Camping World stores, except the one in Katy, TX, where we bought our current rig . . . they were pretty good, too. Not perfect, but pretty good.
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 03:49 PM   #7

My experience varies but the store in Greenville Spartanburg SC is great. They have set up three toads for us and have always been nice and friendly on our other purchases.
CHCam42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 03:51 PM   #8

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeTheUSA View Post
It seems to me banging on Camping World has become a bit of a past time.
Well, if they give bad service, high cost of repairs and high accessory costs it's not "banging" on them. It's reporting facts.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 04:02 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Well, if they give bad service, high cost of repairs and high accessory costs it's not "banging" on them. It's reporting facts.
Well, they haven't done that from my perspective, so the facts I reported are just different facts. I'd just quit going there if I didn't feel I was getting my money's worth.
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 04:13 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Camping world lost my buisness when I got a smart phone and could compare cw with our local rv store. In Tucson, road runner rv on flowing wells road has a free dump, an old lady that knows what every part is, and a service guy that will answer questions. Better prices too.
garyswann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 04:22 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
I am not surprised! To those that have enjoyed good experiences, happy happy for you. However for the overwhelming majority of fellow RV'ers and DW and I personally, their service and in particular sales area was extremely rude, and condescending. Never again!!
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 04:33 PM   #12

They are not worth my time to bash and that's all I've got to say about that.
Old 11-18-2013, 04:35 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Let Marcus the CEO know how you were treated, he is trying to get things like that from happening. Jim
Old 11-18-2013, 05:02 PM   #14

I myself have received great service from the Tampa Camping World, as well as the Camping World in Bartow. I do feel the need to say that their accessories prices are high......
Mrjim is offline   Reply With Quote