Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-27-2012, 12:24 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack Fan View Post
6 people on a motorhome roof sounds like an accident waiting to happen. Whether the roof is reinforced or not. Especially if there are adult beverages being consumed. I wouldn't do it, period. I hope for your sake and others nothing goes wrong. I would be sure to have some good liability insurance.
X2!

HHIDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2012, 04:33 PM   #16

if you plan to do a lot of parking in nascar infields you may need overload springs on the back to carry all the money your going to need.

Old 02-27-2012, 07:07 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
I would not let six people get on my roof even if the brochure said that was okay. Too many things they can break up there...A/C covers, vents/fans, vents to the plumbing, antennas, not to mention the roof itself.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:26 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by awcshy View Post
thanks all for the replies. We have discussed it and may just get grandstand seats and use the RV for sleeping. I am not sure now that I want to trust the roof even for just the wife and I

I would look for a different RV that may hold the weight...BUT...I am get this thing for a song and dance and i dont do either...lol.

The outside is in pretty good shape (faded). The motor runs well. The inside unfortunately has been 'trashed' so there will be some extensive remodeling that needs to be done. So...if i remove a few walls here and there...i need to know the roof will still support the AC etc...including heavy snow loads

Thats why i asked about the 'skeleton' being wood or steel...thanks again for the answers. anymore thoughts on the framework ???

On the bold, I did mention earlier they were steel? With heavier steel to carry the A/C's?

Roof and walls both. There is no structural wood in either. Goin way back here, but I think it's all set up on 16" centers.

I was a service manger at an RV dealership that handled Fleetwood motor homes (19 years, ending early 90's), have seen my share with no skin on them....
Old 02-27-2012, 08:35 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack Fan View Post
6 people on a motorhome roof sounds like an accident waiting to happen. Whether the roof is reinforced or not. Especially if there are adult beverages being consumed. I wouldn't do it, period. I hope for your sake and others nothing goes wrong. I would be sure to have some good liability insurance.
Now see I would never sit up on a MH roof because I am scared of heights. Now on the other hand if I had a few adult beverages in me that is a whole new ball game, I would jump right up their with my disco lights. You know "liquid courage" LOL
Old 02-27-2012, 10:46 PM   #20

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorLynn View Post
Now see I would never sit up on a MH roof because I am scared of heights. Now on the other hand if I had a few adult beverages in me that is a whole new ball game, I would jump right up their with my disco lights. You know "liquid courage" LOL
Hillarious! Yeah I'm familiar with that liquid courage thing, LOL. The disco lights too!
Wolfpack Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:02 PM   #21

Here is your answer:

1983 Bluebird Wanderlodge, Pataskala OH - 100319252 - RVTraderonline.com

$12,900

Have a nice day - Darrel
Old 02-28-2012, 01:08 PM   #22

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Bottom line is, RV roofs are not designed for lawn chairs. They ARE designed to support the weight of a person for maintenance. If I were trying to accomplish your goal, I would fabricate an aluminum roof deck system that comes down through the walls, attaches to the floor framing and allows for planking a deck above the actual roof.
Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:46 PM   #23

Gulf Streamers Club
Sounds like the perfect excuse to run over to Phoenix and check out the rigs in the infield next weekend. That will tell you what the other guys are doing. Just look around and see which structures someone falls off of, and do not build your like that.

I would not get up on roof without my own flooring system and rails. You can support the new flooring system by using lally columns inside. Could either design them into the remodel or make them temporary, like just some two by's that you could store on roof when not in use. Good luck.

ronspradley

Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote