Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-14-2016, 10:35 PM   #1
Member
 
stetler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 45
Motorhome BLACK Tank Flush Inlet....Check valve?

I've got a 2004 Fleetwood Class A Moho & my fresh water inlet was leaking past the check valve So I replaced it. Decided to replace the BLACK FLUSH inlet Valve at the same time most of them on eBay have a Check Valve in them. The old one Does not have a Check Valve.

Seems like the check valve is gonna slow down the water a lot and You'd want good pressure when cleaning out the Black tank.

question is , Should I replace it with a NON-CHECK VALVE or WITH a check valve??

Thanks guys/girls
__________________

__________________
2004 Fleetwood Excursion 39S
Several Harleys
stetler is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-15-2016, 05:51 AM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90
 
MSHappyCampers's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Columbus, MS
Posts: 23,081
I didn't know black tank dumps had a "check valve"!
__________________

__________________
Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 06:48 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,098
I believe that most flush systems have a combined vacuum breaker and check valve just inside the wall. The vacuum breakers often dribble water by design, I eliminated mine. You can use either type, if you eliminate the vacuum breaker be sure to install a check valve.
__________________
lynnmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 07:38 AM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90
 
MSHappyCampers's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Columbus, MS
Posts: 23,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnmor View Post
I believe that most flush systems have a combined vacuum breaker and check valve just inside the wall. The vacuum breakers often dribble water by design, I eliminated mine. You can use either type, if you eliminate the vacuum breaker be sure to install a check valve.

I think we're talking about two different things. He was mentioning a check valve in the black tank dump, not the flusher.
__________________
Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 10:34 AM   #5
paz
Senior Member
 
paz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Full-timers - Home is where we park it.
Posts: 4,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
I think we're talking about two different things. He was mentioning a check valve in the black tank dump, not the flusher.
I think the OP is talking about a black tank flush.
__________________
2015 DRV Tradition 375KPS
2015 Chevy Duramax 3500HD LTZ Dually
Full-timers...Home is where we park it.
Check out our blog: Living Our Dream
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 10:39 AM   #6
paz
Senior Member
 
paz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Full-timers - Home is where we park it.
Posts: 4,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by stetler View Post
I've got a 2004 Fleetwood Class A Moho & my fresh water inlet was leaking past the check valve So I replaced it. Decided to replace the BLACK FLUSH inlet Valve at the same time most of them on eBay have a Check Valve in them. The old one Does not have a Check Valve.

Seems like the check valve is gonna slow down the water a lot and You'd want good pressure when cleaning out the Black tank.

question is , Should I replace it with a NON-CHECK VALVE or WITH a check valve??

Thanks guys/girls
I use an vacuum breaker/backflow preventer on the end of the hose I connect to the black tank flush. I don't have either a check valve or a vacuum breaker built into the inlet or anywhere else like on the back side of the wet bay wall.
__________________
2015 DRV Tradition 375KPS
2015 Chevy Duramax 3500HD LTZ Dually
Full-timers...Home is where we park it.
Check out our blog: Living Our Dream
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 10:44 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 3,289
OP is asking about the black tank flush inlet connection.

The one on my 5vr has a check valve and doesn't restrict flow to flush system but I use a regulator set at 50# on water supply spigot with a 'Y' so both portable hose and general use hose are regulated


If you install one with a check valve just remember come time to winterize you will need to 'release/drain' water trapped via check valve in line up to anti-siphon vacuum breaker

__________________
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 10:49 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 3,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by paz View Post
I use an vacuum breaker/backflow preventer on the end of the hose I connect to the black tank flush. I don't have either a check valve or a vacuum breaker built into the inlet or anywhere else like on the back side of the wet bay wall.
Are you sure???????

Anti-siphon vacuum breaker devices are required where cross-contamination is possible (not probable)

RV MFG. install under bathroom sink or sometimes in a closet (yes closet)
__________________
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 05:24 PM   #9
Member
 
stetler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 45
They say a picture is worth a thousand words. So here you go.


I guess the question is, Should I be buying one with OUT a Valve in it Just like this existing one?
All the ones I see have a Valve in it.








__________________
2004 Fleetwood Excursion 39S
Several Harleys
stetler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 05:35 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 3,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by stetler View Post
They say a picture is worth a thousand words. So here you go.


I guess the question is, Should I be buying one with OUT a Valve in it Just like this existing one?
All the ones I see have a Valve in it.









WHY are you wanting to replace?

Have you had this MH since new?

That water connection looks like 'internals' (check valve) were removed

Put that one back on
Put a new one w/o check valve on
Put a new with check valve on

YOUR choice.........no right/wrong
__________________
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 05:01 AM   #11
paz
Senior Member
 
paz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Full-timers - Home is where we park it.
Posts: 4,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
Are you sure???????

Anti-siphon vacuum breaker devices are required where cross-contamination is possible (not probable)

RV MFG. install under bathroom sink or sometimes in a closet (yes closet)
Yep, had it apart. A sticker on the wall by the black tank rinse inlet says to use a back-flow preventer (vacuum breaker) on the hose. Same thing on our previous RV.
__________________
2015 DRV Tradition 375KPS
2015 Chevy Duramax 3500HD LTZ Dually
Full-timers...Home is where we park it.
Check out our blog: Living Our Dream
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 09:21 AM   #12
Senior Member/RVM #90
 
MSHappyCampers's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Columbus, MS
Posts: 23,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by paz View Post
I think the OP is talking about a black tank flush.

You're right! I mis-read the post!
__________________

__________________
Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
black tank, motorhome, tank



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Source for Black Tank FLush Check Valve? MBnKen Newmar Owner's Forum 4 04-28-2017 12:34 PM
Black Tank flush inlet USMCRET Newmar Owner's Forum 7 07-31-2015 04:00 AM
Black Tank Flush Check Valve - B & B Molders Model 571 Darrell-Ruth Newmar Owner's Forum 5 07-11-2014 04:59 PM
Black water tank flush check valve Winnie 2000 Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum 8 09-11-2012 05:41 PM
Gray/Black Tank flush inlet...? tgrichards 5th Wheel Discussion 6 07-17-2011 05:51 AM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.